• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Nerds are just low-budget yoshis.
nerds_stw_grape.png

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
"Mix berries in with yogurt! It's a better sugar than the prepackaged yogurt!"

"But it's NATURAL sugar!"

Yeah, and it's also a ton of the ONE thing we've already established I can't eat! Seriously, that cup of blackberries and raspberries had as much fiber as, or even more than, an ENTIRE BIG BAG OF CORN CHIPS!

Found this out because I had another one of those instances where I woke up in the middle of the night with a raging nightmare, very dehydrated. I also had back pain which I haven't had in a couple of days. One of the few things I know for sure causes me both this level of dehydration and back pain (besides my last experience with sucralose) is fiber - in particular insoluble fiber, of which berries have a HUGE amount.

And when I look over other fruits, it's starting to become clear that I need to avoid most of them if I'm to deal with this issue with insoluble fiber.

If you're going to tell me my dehydration was due to the sodium from the chips, my last three sets of lab results have established me as having LOW blood sodium. So that's unlikely.

Needless to say, my mother is going to be forbidden from giving me food suggestions after this incident. I've repeatedly told her to stop suggesting fiber.

(The prepackaged yogurt is that Chobani stuff with the fruit-like concoction on the bottom. The only other brand of Greek yogurt I know is contaminated with sucralose.)

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
I'm not really sure why some people feel the need to use so-called "alt accounts" on social media, like here.

Honestly..... I've had the same single account - on this website in particular, going on nine years...... and, it's been that one account, only.

And so... when ever one uses an alt account, the first thing I gotta wonder is: what is that person hiding.... that he/she feels that they need to use one?..... and, the second thing I gotta wonder is: who this *really* is, that I'm speaking to? Which - can make things downright confusing to me.

And so, it often tells me that one: I'm dealing with a phoney, of some sort...... two: I'm dealing with some sort of liar.... or three: just a prankster out there, who's trying to rattle someone's chain.... or four: all the above. ☺

Would it really be that hard for some people - to just be honest, about who they are?

I always say, that: if someone has the personal tenacity to stand by one's own belief systems, and one's own arguments - then.... one shouldn't need an alt account, to being with..... eh? :)

► And so, when one uses an alt account..... (first and foremost): I consider that a straight-up lie.... as, you're mis-representing to me and others, who you really are..... and - it also tells me that: you may not actually stand by and believe, most of the arguments that you may make..... simply because a particular user is using a so-called "throw away" account, as some sort of cover, (for themselves).

So please..... do us all a favor - and use your real user name, for goodness sakes.
614439_user_512x512.png

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
Summer didn't f#ck off until mid-October here.

The seasons really need to get their act together.

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned Wolf + Phoenix
I hate my father, I hate how my pc took almost 12 fucking hours downloading a game just to not be able to run the motherfucker game, and I hate feeling pressure!

I hate my Father just because of all the bad things he did!
-He never took care of my mom and my siblings died because of that piece of shit, and never got to met them

-he forced my mom to quit her job just because of his machism and "you shouldn't work" stupid thing.... Now he earns a missery, it seems like he wanted us to be poor and have a tight month budget on purpose

-he stealed my mom's jewelry to get money after making her quit
-he has been always uncaring and he's always at work
(All of this before I was even born or when I was innocent and forgiveful)

-he's aggressive and UUUUGK!!!!

Probably today we would be living in a better place without a stupid president who letted covid enter our country and almost killed persons for trying to enforce the quarantine parameters as the oms itself recommended, cartels and other shits

and probably I'd have a lab and a house, would have gotten to travel the world before this damn pandemic and get to met this awesome world without losing fucking valuable time but, nooooooo
he never dignified to sign up my motherfucking passport for me.... He forced my mom to stop talking to her family, our family and.... AAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!

If my father was gone by tomorrow, I'd not be sad, I'd get happy to not have a toxic roach around anymore

I get always mad at these november dates because, I just got hitten by this "you gotta know the truth" story thing suddenly thrown at my face at October of 2013 and my heart was broken in the worse way possible: suffering the loss of the siblings I always wanted my whole life, knowing they existed actually but.... Not anymore

I have been accumulating this and agghk!!

I just gotta vent properly, not just partially anymore as I've been doing, so I'll say it straight: I hate my father, not because of a "teen rebellion". But because my father is the worst human being on the planet.

*Inhales*
*Exhales*

I needed to take that dark vent outta my chest...

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
It's the first Sunday of Advent. Here, that's the traditional day to put out your Christmas decorations. :p

... Damn. Now I realize I forgot all about the Christmas shop window decor Sunday event thing today. Aww.
More of a time to light an Advent candle than put up Christmas decorations in my opinion. 'Course, I've always been something of a Scrooge McRacc.

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
I hate my father, I hate how my pc took almost 12 fucking hours downloading a game just to not be able to run the motherfucker game, and I hate feeling pressure!

I hate my Father just because of all the bad things he did!
-He never took care of my mom and my siblings died because of that piece of shit, and never got to met them

-he forced my mom to quit her job just because of his machism and "you shouldn't work" stupid thing.... Now he earns a missery, it seems like he wanted us to be poor and have a tight month budget on purpose

-he stealed my mom's jewelry to get money after making her quit
-he has been always uncaring and he's always at work
(All of this before I was even born or when I was innocent and forgiveful)

-he's aggressive and UUUUGK!!!!

Probably today we would be living in a better place without a stupid president who letted covid enter our country and almost killed persons for trying to enforce the quarantine parameters as the oms itself recommended, cartels and other shits

and probably I'd have a lab and a house, would have gotten to travel the world before this damn pandemic and get to met this awesome world without losing fucking valuable time but, nooooooo
he never dignified to sign up my motherfucking passport for me.... He forced my mom to stop talking to her family, our family and.... AAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!

If my father was gone by tomorrow, I'd not be sad, I'd get happy to not have a toxic roach around anymore

I get always mad at these november dates because, I just got hitten by this "you gotta know the truth" story thing suddenly thrown at my face at October of 2013 and my heart was broken in the worse way possible: suffering the loss of the siblings I always wanted my whole life, knowing they existed actually but.... Not anymore

I have been accumulating this and agghk!!

I just gotta vent properly, not just partially anymore as I've been doing, so I'll say it straight: I hate my father, not because of a "teen rebellion". But because my father is the worst human being on the planet.

*Inhales*
*Exhales*

I needed to take that dark vent outta my chest...
You're not the only one with a bad father. Just don't be like me and let it cause you to second guess yourself as a spouse/parent with your own family if/when you choose to have one. I'm constantly asking my kids of they're happy and questioning my own worth as a parent. I fluctuate the extremes of always present or never there because of trying to correct with them what went wrong with my father. I was lucky my mom got a divorce.

I'm pulling for you.

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
I wish I was a more positive thinking/outlook person with more positive experiences in life, that I can also be helpful or useful to others, especially to those that have shown me the bright light at the end of the pitch black tunnel, and have been amazing people, having patience with me, the ones that were there even when I couldn't get myself to do the same in return, because of whatever stupid excuse of a reason, (e.g., social phobia, being reserved, not knowing what to say or how to respond, slothful), idk.

I just want to say, that I really do appreciate the ones, whether on here, or some other platform, and/or place for being such a white pill in my life, especially during moments where I felt completely hopeless, despite having been perceived as being a not so great person in the past, and posting persistent negativity. But, having been shown mercy, and effort into consoling me, even if it's a handful of people, means a ton, especially when I've shown general misanthropy over and over, as it's also been obvious in my signature right under my avatar pic. Mercy is such an amazing gift. It sounds so fucking weird, but I wish I can hang out and hug some people. haha

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey
Now that I'm about to start my new job - I really don't think that I have it in me to actually do well here.

I also wish that after uploading new videos on YouTube at least once a week for more than a year, adding custom thumbnails and using similar keywords to other channels in this niche genre, would yield more than 10 views per video. Watching my dreams die slowly in front of me is disheartening.

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
Now that I'm about to start my new job - I really don't think that I have it in me to actually do well here.

I also wish that after uploading new videos on YouTube at least once a week for more than a year, adding custom thumbnails and using similar keywords to other channels in this niche genre, would yield more than 10 views per video. Watching my dreams die slowly in front of me is disheartening.
What makes you think that? You know you're competent and very able to do the job, don't let anxiety get in your way. Didn't fight all this way for nothing! Once it starts it will be fine.

What are your videos about? Shouldn't give up on them I think, even if Youtube's shitty algorithm has to fight you every step of the way. It takes time I think, and you're clearly putting in the effort to do well. Might try to put yourself out there and advertise your stuff on different platforms and in different places? If you haven't already of course.

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey
What makes you think that? You know you're competent and very able to do the job, don't let anxiety get in your way. Didn't fight all this way for nothing! Once it starts it will be fine.

What are your videos about? Shouldn't give up on them I think, even if Youtube's shitty algorithm has to fight you every step of the way. It takes time I think, and you're clearly putting in the effort to do well. Might try to put yourself out there and advertise your stuff on different platforms and in different places? If you haven't already of course.

I do sort of "virtual tours" of pretty places. There are channels that generate tens and hundreds of thousands of views. Just like most channels, I don't add music or talk during them - just the natural ambience.

I've tried paying for advertising on Facebook and Instagram, I've tried using TikTok to promote my channel, reddit, Twitter and Tumblr. Mostly Instagram. The most views I got from a 5 days of advertising, was 300 views - no more than 45 seconds each on a 18 minute video.

Ennui Elemental

Eat shit and die, tankie assholes
Banned
I'm not really sure why some people feel the need to use so-called "alt accounts" on social media, like here.

Honestly..... I've had the same single account - on this website in particular, going on nine years...... and, it's been that one account, only.

And so... when ever one uses an alt account, the first thing I gotta wonder is: what is that person hiding.... that he/she feels that they need to use one?..... and, the second thing I gotta wonder is: who this *really* is, that I'm speaking to? Which - can make things downright confusing to me.

And so, it often tells me that one: I'm dealing with a phoney, of some sort...... two: I'm dealing with some sort of liar.... or three: just a prankster out there, who's trying to rattle someone's chain.... or four: all the above. ☺

Would it really be that hard for some people - to just be honest, about who they are?

I always say, that: if someone has the personal tenacity to stand by one's own belief systems, and one's own arguments - then.... one shouldn't need an alt account, to being with..... eh? :)

► And so, when one uses an alt account..... (first and foremost): I consider that a straight-up lie.... as, you're mis-representing to me and others, who you really are..... and - it also tells me that: you may not actually stand by and believe, most of the arguments that you may make..... simply because a particular user is using a so-called "throw away" account, as some sort of cover, (for themselves).

So please..... do us all a favor - and use your real user name, for goodness sakes.
614439_user_512x512.png
Connor, the only reason I'm dignifying this with a response is because it's just THAT dangerous and stupid to try and guilt people into this kind of thing. If you cannot take an argument prima facie for consideration and counterargument, without the contextual knowledge of who EXACTLY is making it, either the argument didn't need to be made because it's someone's PERSONAL bugaboo and thus can be summarily ignored as axe-grinding that the arguer needs to deal with on their own... or you're looking for the easy out of argumentum ad hominem.

Heya, it's me, Cinnamon! Nice ta make everyone's acquaintance!

Just thought I'd drop a small vent today ~

It's really difficult trying to manage extraordinarily low wages and ideal dream workflow for content, how do other people manage their budgeting skills when Art and glorious game development is so expensive? I'm not very savvy at learning new things without immense guidance when it comes to super technical stuff, mostly because my ADHD absolutely doesn't permit to sit on long winded topics *eye rolls*

Anyway hope everyone's feeling better sooner than later!

Sincerely, Cinnamon.