• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Minerva_Minx

Sheogorath is my co-pilot
I'm sick. :rolleyes:
Get well soon. May it not be pneumonia.

I have pneumonia. Again. And have to wait for antibiotics because i need a second covid test to verify this one.

@%#$#*

To paraphrase Arnold Schwarzenegger:
Eets not a covvid...

Last edited:

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets

I have pneumonia. Again. And have to wait for antibiotics because i need a second covid test to verify this one.

@%#$#*

Eets not a covvid...
cae2bcf8-012d-448c-a73b-6d262e094f8b_text.gif

Hang in there though!

KimberVaile

Self congratulatory title goes here
I am just going to put this here since this is been nagging me for a while. Can we please adapt the report and move on mantra for the vent thread? This is not the appropriate place to throw little digs at someone/some people, talk down to people, pick fights with the posts, or to drag over a slapfight from another thread. People come here because they're suffering, they're in pain and enduring incredible loss or stress. Please treat these people with respect and kindness. If they say something you dislike or may be against COC, just report it instead.

I am not referencing anybody in particular, more so the thread's collective state over the past few months. I am just disappointed by the gradual degradation of the state of the vent thread, and there really isn't one particular 'side' that is guilty of this, people on all sides of the fence do it here and there. I don't want people to be scared off from expressing their pain here. I understand too, I'm a little fiery at times, I'm not a saint and I don't want it to seem like I am making myself out to be. I've got my sins, but I would just hope we can all try to ensure that vulnerable people don't get caught in the crossfire of chaos that tends to happen on the forums. I'd like to see team blue, red, purple, grey and whatever affiliation you have all at least agree to keep it out of the vent thread.

Sorry if that was too preachy, I just needed to get that off my chest. INB4 I inadvertently cause another flame war cause dumb.

Last edited:

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
Can we all at least agree that if COVID was still contained in that country, my cousin would still be alive today?
Hey whatever, yo...... (I take no issue with your repertoire specifically, myself)..... but, it is comments like this that could be seen as offensive to some..... and so, it might be a good idea to dial it down a bit when talking about specific groups.... and so, if others like yourself want to vent like that personally, then..... it's probably better to do so privately, many of us will say.
----------------------------
As a side note - I posted a photograph of a chicken leg on time on a thread and was written up for harassment.... so, there you go, I guess. ☺

Last edited:

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Tried taking a nap before my therapy session.
Got maybe one hour.
Feel like shite.
About to call a cab when my therapist lets me know one of her clients came into contact with someone who had covid.
I really prefer in-person sessions because it's nice to have a change of scenery, but... blagh...
We'll see how this goes. Hopefully I'm more awake by then.

TyraWadman

Did you catch a cold or is this a long standing problem?
Seen your GP?

Whenever I have something interrupt my sleep, it takes a while for my body to stop remembering it, so to speak. Whether it be a bathroom break, or the nausea I had when I got my vaccine a few days ago. So... if this is relevant, it happens almost monthly and takes weeks to correct XD

I'll just keep waking up at the same time until I become so exhausted I just sleep through it.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Whenever I have something interrupt my sleep, it takes a while for my body to stop remembering it, so to speak. Whether it be a bathroom break, or the nausea I had when I got my vaccine a few days ago. So... if this is relevant, it happens almost monthly and takes weeks to correct XD

I'll just keep waking up at the same time until I become so exhausted I just sleep through it.
I always wake up at 5am for an hour, personally.

Erix

>‿‿◕
Fuckin hell, I had a scary nightmare.

I was at this big open clearing surrounded by lots of trees and there was this well built village in this clearing. I think we were celebrating something. It was fun for a while, some of my fam and cousins were there, and we were talking and eating out in the clearing. It was approaching sunset, and I decided to look towards the village. I think someone was making more food, or cooking something big, because I saw somewhat of a big fire. Suddenly, I think someone messed up and somehow the fire got dropped into the grass and started turning really red. Right when I saw it, I knew disaster was about to strike. Smoke was starting to cloud the sky, and the fire started to consume the wooden buildings of the village, and my fam and I were running away fast. I looked back and I saw people screaming as they ran out of the village, as they were on fire.

I wanted to help but knew there wasn’t anything I could do. I knew since we were surrounded by a forest, a wild forest fire would soon start most likely, and we just had to get out of there.

I’ve never had a nightmare like that before.

TyraWadman

Fuckin hell, I had a scary nightmare.

I was at this big open clearing surrounded by lots of trees and there was this well built village in this clearing. I think we were celebrating something. It was fun for a while, some of my fam and cousins were there, and we were talking and eating out in the clearing. It was approaching sunset, and I decided to look towards the village. I think someone was making more food, or cooking something big, because I saw somewhat of a big fire. Suddenly, I think someone messed up and somehow the fire got dropped into the grass and started turning really red. Right when I saw it, I knew disaster was about to strike. Smoke was starting to cloud the sky, and the fire started to consume the wooden buildings of the village, and my fam and I were running away fast. I looked back and I saw people screaming as they ran out of the village, as they were on fire.

I wanted to help but knew there wasn’t anything I could do. I knew since we were surrounded by a forest, a wild forest fire would soon start most likely, and we just had to get out of there.

I’ve never had a nightmare like that before.

Just finished my online therapy a few minutes ago and I mentioned my dreams to her as well.

I kinda already knew/believed this, but our brain has a funky way of trying to process things that revolve around our day. I know it sounds wild. Like... I never once had a person try to chase me down in their jeep to run me over, but the themes like 'running away' and 'lack of safety' can reflect on things in our lives, like neglect and insecurity. They're really more cryptic than they need to be! XD

Take full stomach breaths. You got dis!

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
Hey whatever, yo...... (I take no issue with your repertoire specifically, myself)..... but, it is comments like this that could be seen as offensive to some..... and so, it might be a good idea to dial it down a bit when talking about specific groups.... and so, if others like yourself want to vent like that personally, then..... it's probably better to do so privately, many of us will say.
Offensive my ass, that should be the least of concern in this specific context, especially when I am referring to the perpetrators.

Rimna

Well-Known Monkey

@%#$#*

Eets not a covvid...

Pneumonia isn't just a random cold, what is the problem of these people. Please take care, I hope that you can get treatment for it as soon as possible.

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
Fun. The Sabaton concert I was going to this March have been postponed until an unspecified date in 2023. Fuck you.

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
Offensive my ass, that should be the least of concern in this specific context, especially when I am referring to the perpetrators.
The perpetrators? I'm not sure what that means...... (I'm trying not to get into the politics of it) but, yes - the virus started over there but there's no evidence that they would create this or infect people for no reason.

I'm sorry for the loss though.

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
Come do it yourself coward XD (I say this as a joke not a insult)
181375_10151856242925644_1307171021_n.jpg

Sorry, haven't been able to use this one in a while. Thanks for giving me the excuse, love.

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
No problem XD I try to make someone laugh on a bumming day every once in a while, hopefully that was you?
Aye. I'm usually always chipper, and there is no need to mention it was a joke. It's easy to tell. xD

MechaMegs

The Red Menace
Banned
Someone's died and your only reaction is "lol" and practically insult and attempt to gaslight. Utterly fucking sickening.

Empathy is just a buzzword for you, isn't it?
If I wanted advice on empathy I wouldn't look to you for it based on what I have been shown.

Such a shame you defend a tyrannical government than acknowledge the loss of human life. That’s some filthy lowlife mindset right there.

Can we all at least agree that if COVID was still contained in that country, my cousin would still be alive today?
More so I am against rhetoric that has been directly tied in correlation to a rise of violence and hate towards anyone who certain individuals perceive as being "Chinese".

Can we agree that after the fact that there were people and still are people who refuse to take preventative steps that could have also lead to your cousin not getting the virus?

Sure we can point fingers all over the place and it doesnt change that you sounded like you were using your cousins death as an excuse to throw out some very questionable verbiage into the aether.

Nexus Cabler

Conduit of Synergy
I'll be entirely honest folks

I was very afraid we all were going to die if their post wasn't addressed just one more time after the mods said to drop it, but thankfully @MechaMegs came in to save the day and give their opinion on what Parabellum really meant in their post with a helping of comedic social justice finger waving.

Phew, now we are all safe. This moment will go down in history as a warrior's courageous act of resistance and defiance against the fascistic danger that was Parabellums emotional grief over losing a loved one.

Here's your medal of honor for releasing your personal frustrations and anger by bravely standing up to all the big powerful tyrants that are random online furries, who surely would enslave us all if you didn't go instigating fights with them in the vent thread.
1642199359603.png