• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Is it normal for Christians to just walk up to some random person at a gas station and beg for the funds for a hotel room?

Because (a) I wasn't taught that part of the Bible, and (b) I had this happen yesterday and I'm VERY uncomfortable going back to that gas station now.

I even tried to get the guy to ask someone inside, thinking he might have actually been in need, and he was all "no no no, I'm asking YOU".

Part of me doubts the guy was even a Christian in retrospect.

Zippy!

Certified Bean
Is it normal for Christians to just walk up to some random person at a gas station and beg for the funds for a hotel room?

Because (a) I wasn't taught that part of the Bible, and (b) I had this happen yesterday and I'm VERY uncomfortable going back to that gas station now.

I even tried to get the guy to ask someone inside, thinking he might have actually been in need, and he was all "no no no, I'm asking YOU".

I don't understand why one would announce their religious views while asking for money, unless the goal was to either paint themselves differently than they look, or they thought you were Christian and wanted the extra sympathy.

It's sad that people resort to begging like this, but that last part, where they clarified that they wanted money from you specifically, tells me it's possible that every other person in the area already gave them money or turned them away.

To be honest, this whole thing would leave me confused just as much.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child

I don't think being religious has any part of them begging. If they were a part of a religious community, then why couldn't they find shelter and support there?

10/10 times anyone who approached me for money was someone who had no intentions of working or was an addict that caused so many problems, they got banned from FREE financial and housing support, here in Canada. Meaning, they're usually there for a reason. Not because they were down on their luck. They just do their best to try and guilt trip you.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Now that I've gotten my bitchiness out of my system and made a scene at the store, I'd like to vent about something personal

My sister came home last week from her job at Cracker Barrel and she says she was sexualized by a customer. She says caught an old dude glaring at her rear after taking her order as she walked away. She told her boss, but as you can imagine, there wasn't much that could be done.

She's just 17, and works as a hostess. She doesn't need this shit from some fat old creep. She's got a boyfriend who treats her right, got admitted to a good college that she wanted. She works hard, but she's sensitive. She's been bullied a lot in school in the past, and it's hard not to get over. I try to keep up with her to see how she's doing, but I understand she needs space.

It's one of those moments where you wish you would have been there to do something.
Sorry that your sister went through that, since that is really a problem in the hospitality industry. When I was a delivery boy in high school, some waitresses used to complain to the manager about that and she'd usually confront the patron about it. It might be wise to have the manager keep the tape from that night in case this becomes a pattern.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Banned
I hate cigarettes. Go smoke your cancer sticks somewhere else, they stink. No wonder covid is actually a problem with all the comorbidities people give themselves; junk food is another but at least it doesn't stink and poison everyone in a 10 meters radius.

Bonus vent, almost suffered frostbutt today!
Anti-vent, beautiful frost!
1642251200435.png
1642251583273.png

Kope

Artist?
I hate friends who ghost you for no reason and friends who kick you out of a group because you were too depressed all the time.

I don’t think they were ever friends.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
My bf got VR since last xmas, and ever since he talks with me a lot less, instead he'd spend hours on VR, and sometimes stay up late, then goes to bed and leaves me waiting.
Today is like the last straw.
He went silent for nearly 9 hours, and when I asked him where he was, it's VR again. I felt that I really had to talk to him about how I felt.
unknown.png

unknown.png

And that's how it went.
I'm out of ideas.

The "So you don't want to be together or what?" did it in my opinion. He doesn't give a shit and you deserve so much better than someone who's emotional intelligence is the equivalent of a strand of grass in the wind. What a fucking loser, dude. Sorry if that's harsh but...man is that the most immature text stream I've ever read in my life. -.-

PC Master Race

The "So you don't want to be together or what?" did it in my opinion. He doesn't give a shit and you deserve so much better than someone who's emotional intelligence is the equivalent of a strand of grass in the wind. What a fucking loser, dude. Sorry if that's harsh but...man is that the most immature text stream I've ever read in my life. -.-
When we last talked, around 3rd January (he came back, no surprise), he said he wanna be friends, but then just straight up told me that he'd found "someone much closer" to him (as in, his new bf's, near his place I guess, instead of in a different country like me).
Also still insisted that I was in the wrong for pushing him too much with the VR thing, and still believed it was my mistake for forgiving him, after what he said to me on the day my grandmother passed.
At the end he said he'd been with his bf's (plural) for 2 weeks, which meant he cheated on me.

But it's whatever, really. I'm not even mad at him anymore. Here's just to add more and finish up the final chapter between us.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
People really need to be careful what they do while they're high.

I was playing Vermintide 2 last night (for context, Vermintide is what happens when Warhammer Fantasy meets Left 4 Dead) and one of the players that jumped in kept rushing ahead and getting themselves killed - something they should know better than to do at the difficulty I was playing on (I tend to play on Champion, will probably pick up Legend in the near future). Not only that, during the same horde sequence in the level where they joined, they died 3 times (maybe even 4. You lose count in the thick of it).

I eventually had to straight-up ask them what was going on ("...is this your first Champion run, elf?") and they flat-out admitted to being high. They never said on what, and I didn't feel the need to ask.

Amazingly, we did eventually finish that expedition (usually Vermintide goes by individual levels, but I was doing Chaos Wastes at the time which is more campaign-length). The rest of the team was fairly on point even if we had the usual close calls near the end.

I get this nagging feeling I'm going to run into more of this type in the near future.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
People really need to be careful what they do while they're high.

I was playing Vermintide 2 last night (for context, Vermintide is what happens when Warhammer Fantasy meets Left 4 Dead) and one of the players that jumped in kept rushing ahead and getting themselves killed - something they should know better than to do at the difficulty I was playing on (I tend to play on Champion, will probably pick up Legend in the near future). Not only that, during the same horde sequence in the level where they joined, they died 3 times (maybe even 4. You lose count in the thick of it).

I eventually had to straight-up ask them what was going on ("...is this your first Champion run, elf?") and they flat-out admitted to being high. They never said on what, and I didn't feel the need to ask.

Amazingly, we did eventually finish that expedition (usually Vermintide goes by individual levels, but I was doing Chaos Wastes at the time which is more campaign-length). The rest of the team was fairly on point even if we had the usual close calls near the end.

I get this nagging feeling I'm going to run into more of this type in the near future.
Always gonna be gamers under the influence, man. Unless you've got other friends to queue up with, there's no way to avoid them.

" It helps me play better"
It doesn't give you super powers buddy...
"It's the only way I can enjoy this game"
So then don't play it? If you hate it that much...

Rimna

Always gonna be gamers under the influence, man. Unless you've got other friends to queue up with, there's no way to avoid them.

" It helps me play better"
It doesn't give you super powers buddy...
"It's the only way I can enjoy this game"
So then don't play it? If you hate it that much...

Well in their defense, playing ranked league while sober can never be enjoyed. Source: I used to play ranked League of Legends.

Regret

Insert Witticism Here
Well in their defense, playing ranked league while sober can never be enjoyed. Source: I used to play ranked League of Legends.
Ouch. There is no reason to hate yourself like that.

quoting_mungo

I enjoyed the player vs AI tutorial section of LoL (I think it was that one; one of the lane defense games). I played somewhere between one and three matches with actual people and decided I had better things to do than get verbally abused by teammates who shouldn’t be playing in the beginner tier if they don’t want to play with beginners.

Rimna

I enjoyed the player vs AI tutorial section of LoL (I think it was that one; one of the lane defense games). I played somewhere between one and three matches with actual people and decided I had better things to do than get verbally abused by teammates who shouldn’t be playing in the beginner tier if they don’t want to play with beginners.
That's the thing with this game - this attitude never ends. It doesn't matter what level of skill you reach. All the games are as toxic or worse.

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
One day I am going to fully retire and stop working so I can do what I want and not have the dread of going back to work after a long weekend. I would would also probably turn into a pumpkin, but enh, may be a small price to pay.

Rimna

I am at a crossroads. An ex co-worker offered to refer me to the company he works for, which means that I may get a job there. Do I accept his offer and risk it? If I do, I will betray one of my best friends who went out of his way to get me my current job, and he's trying to move me to his department. There's no guarantee that he could, and I am currently miserable here - I haven't solved a single case for the almost 2 months since I started. I am so far below the target that I will probably be fired in 2 months time at most.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my friend over a job. But I don't want to lose my mind failing all the time.

I wish I could just press a button to reset my life and start from the beginning.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I am at a crossroads. An ex co-worker offered to refer me to the company he works for, which means that I may get a job there. Do I accept his offer and risk it? If I do, I will betray one of my best friends who went out of his way to get me my current job, and he's trying to move me to his department. There's no guarantee that he could, and I am currently miserable here - I haven't solved a single case for the almost 2 months since I started. I am so far below the target that I will probably be fired in 2 months time at most.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my friend over a job. But I don't want to lose my mind failing all the time.

I wish I could just press a button to reset my life and start from the beginning.
I DMed you about this, just in case you check here first.

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
I am really annoyed with my parents. Just no boundaries with my kids. No empathy or words of wisdom, just attacks on beliefs, values, and lifestyles. "Oh, you think you're doing bad? Your mom did X." "Your teacher threatened to sue you because someone framed you? Well, lousy excuses are great for future prisoners. Don't be a criminal!" After 40 years, I get they don't like LGBTQ+, but they say they do. I get they want to lead Christian lives and respect it, but you don't condemn people for being different because they aren't same thinking. I hate the fact they are climate change deniers and think they know best ahd right when everything says otherwise. I hate the fact they cannot acknowledge my personal successes because it makes them feel inferior or empathize that my kids can be afraid at school with everything going on. Just don't push that crap to my kids. You don't say this crap on our anniversary! Two more months to slog through.

I don't talk to them much because it's just easier that way.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I am really annoyed with my parents. Just no boundaries with my kids. No empathy or words of wisdom, just attacks on beliefs, values, and lifestyles. "Oh, you think you're doing bad? Your mom did X." "Your teacher threatened to sue you because someone framed you? Well, lousy excuses are great for future prisoners. Don't be a criminal!" After 40 years, I get they don't like LGBTQ+, but they say they do. I get they want to lead Christian lives and respect it, but you don't condemn people for being different because they aren't same thinking. I hate the fact they are climate change deniers and think they know best ahd right when everything says otherwise. I hate the fact they cannot acknowledge my personal successes because it makes them feel inferior or empathize that my kids can be afraid at school with everything going on. Just don't push that crap to my kids. You don't say this crap on our anniversary! Two more months to slog through.

I don't talk to them much because it's just easier that way.
Sorry you're going through that, especially parents shouldn't be denigrating you like that and you shouldn't have to worry about what they're saying to your kids. It is also really off-base too since you seem to have had an accomplished career in the military and civilian life along volunteering your time to help others.

I might be overstepping and I don't want to speak ill out of turn about someone's parents whom I don't know, but I know people and had a couple of relatives who fit the same category. I'm guessing you've already had talks with them about your issues with them and that went nowhere, so it might be time to drop a warning to them and tell them if they can't treat you and your spouse with respect, or be positive influences in lives of your family, or stop undermining you, you don't need them in your lives. If they can't do that and afford you the basic respect you deserve, cut them loose.

I've seen some people come to their sense after that once they appreciate what they've lost.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Banned
Burnt out with office politics, here's how it typically goes, A and B are talking = they talk about C being an asshole who doesn't do his job properly. A and C are talking = they talk about B being an asshole who doesn't do her job properly. It's endless and I hate it
C being a pain to work right next to, not the least because he whines constantly

Shit it's the reason why I vent here, otherwise it feels like I would have to become a part of the endless office politics blame game

That brings me to my next point, the internet slowly losing its function of blowing off steam because that's offensive. There needs to be a place for that, otherwise you explode or become the same sort of deranged individuals who indulge in the censorious mindset; no doubt the most fucked up ones mentally, precisely because they consider blowing off steam as a sin.

quoting_mungo

Just popping in to say you can order free at-home COVID test here if you're stateside and need them: https://special.usps.com/testkits
I don't know if it's been fixed since, but I saw word going around yesterday (quite a bit of it!) saying that because of how it's treating the 4 tests per household limit, you may have issues if you live in an apartment or other multi-tenancy building. Tips I saw were things like putting apartment number in the first address line and the street address in the second, trying variations of "apt" or "#" with the apartment number if necessary. If you're still having trouble, I guess have a search on Twitter for threads containing the URL and see what people have suggested in replies/upthread.