• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I looked it up.
It's exactly what I thought it would be. TuT
They literally skip over my street and work around it!!!
View attachment 126663
Your place is a little out of the way, but it's probably worth calling asking for them to also plow properly by where you are. It could also help to remind them other people live around there too, so it's not just for you.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
yes I did and they did nothing, said it was a prank and they have "much bigger" things to do
I don't want to rehash this, but if something like this happens again or it's part of a clear pattern, it might be in your interest to bring in a lawyer or legal aid worker on this and have them come with you to precinct to file a report.

That might make the detectives take the complaint more seriously, especially if they could face legal consequences for not taking action or negligence.

Last edited:

JacobFloofWoof

Aside from current known pandemics, there is an ongoing mental pandemic; we are at war with ourselves, and it is mostly oblivious to the public.

Outré

(o͞o-trā′)
My girl's got covid! Oh, asawako, thank god for vaccine and booster. And asymptomatic. The past three weeks can kiss my butt. Ssrcasticaĺly, super fun. Like roller coaster of love fun.

Ouch. Vent away, hun, but definitely call and file a report since it sounds like it could classify as a hate crime. My heart goes out to you on this one.
There are like 8-11 people getting covid where I work like every day. I don't know how I have managed not to. I’m just kind of waiting for that shoe to drop I guess. Just got a booster today.

The good news is almost everyone getting it where I work are relating it to a mild cold… we are about 80% vaccinated where I work… i’m sure that’s probably helping with the severity of the illness.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Been away for a while. Sorry about that. Dealing with new semester of college, started working for the first time and that sucks. Loosing a therapist, she isn't dead just the practice isn't accepting that many patients anymore.

Stuff I'll get over.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Bad sleep. Tears during therapy. Now I'm tired.

Was trying so hard to get my sleep back on track but after eating my body is crashing even harder. I'll try again tomorrow. XD

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Still mentally drained
My grandfather could potentially have cancer, biopsy scheduled for I don't know when yet. I'm not letting on that I'm massively concerned, as I know he'd rather no one worry about it

N

NumbersNumbersNumbers

I hate knowing that all of the people who hurt me in life (mainly ex-boyfriends) get to walk around freely while I live in constant physical and mental pain.

Fcomega121

Friendly Maney-nix | pfp by: Skeewomp <3
Insomnpia is back

Any tips on how to fix a completely messed schedule?
I feel as a vvampayer! *Sleeps*

Rimna

At this point I just want to get fired so I can at least receive some money. The week started off bad and ended up a complete nightmare. This is no way to be treated, no way to work. There's no way out of this hell either.

VictorytheWolf

Im ScaratheWolf's Younger Sis
Been beat up 4 times today, my glasses got broken, my hair is soaked in toilet water, I'm bleeding (in more places than 1), The art of Vic that someone sketched for me got ripped up, my school books are also soaked in a mix of toilet water and blood, my shirt and skirt (uniforms are required at my school) are ripped and its kinda revealing so I'm super uncomfortable, a pen blew up in my back-pack, my dominate hand got cut on the broken glass so I'm having to write with my non-dominate hand, Long story short...Im in hell today

LameFox

Been beat up 4 times today, my glasses got broken, my hair is soaked in toilet water, I'm bleeding (in more places than 1), The art of Vic that someone sketched for me got ripped up, my school books are also soaked in a mix of toilet water and blood, my shirt and skirt (uniforms are required at my school) are ripped and its kinda revealing so I'm super uncomfortable, a pen blew up in my back-pack, my dominate hand got cut on the broken glass so I'm having to write with my non-dominate hand, Long story short...Im in hell today
Feels like I'm recommending this a lot lately but you should make a habit of reporting this to any relevant authorities when it happens. Like, every time. If one won't hear it, escalate it to a higher one.

In saying this I'm well aware that in some places they are indifferent, useless people who won't do a single thing if they can possibly help it—but it might be nice to have a history established later, particularly if they end up blaming you for defending yourself or the police get involved. I also know how it looks to other kids if you're turning to teachers for help in school, but frankly, in a few more years you'll be out of there and won't care about those people or their opinions ever again.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
The forums have always been a place for me to come and just be ya know? For the most part everybody is super nice and welcoming, stave a few bad apples and a bunch of trolls. It helped to keep me sane, to help me learn about myself and who I want to become and for the most part is a huge boon in my life.
Through my time on the forums there have been many times where I have mediated people who are being less than savory to one another, where im in DMs with a person trying to stop them from hurting themselves, trying to help however I can be it minor or large issues. Only the problem now seems to be that the drama is getting deep, and its getting to me. I left for a short period because it was getting to be too much for even me to wrap my mind around. This safe place was safe no longer, that hurt. So I just left.
I didn't really have the plan on coming back, but here I am. I always wanted this place to be safe for anybody to talk and just have a good time, an escape from the shit realities we come from, and it was loosing that. At one point I even wanted to become a moderator to do my best to shape this community to make it inclusive.

The saying when life gives you lemons make lemonade. Well... faf is a turd especially right now. And its going to take all of us to make it just that little bit better, but together we will make this the damned shiniest turd ever.

I will be on and off for a while, especially with my job and college, but im gonna start the shining now. I want everybody here to be nice to one another, be kind, be supportive even if you dont fully agree with somebody's point of view, because at the end of the day, we're all people, with life's, with experiences, and with our own problems.

Thats my peace, thank you for listening to my long posts yet again :3

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Still mentally drained
My grandfather could potentially have cancer, biopsy scheduled for I don't know when yet. I'm not letting on that I'm massively concerned, as I know he'd rather no one worry about it
I hope it goes well; my grandfather passed from lung cancer when I was in high school, so I sympathize. It might be a good idea to talk it over with him and get more time in with him regardless of what happens.

TyraWadman

I ordered letter stickers months ago for these resin projects. It still isn't here.
Kinda wild, moreso that I couldn't find them within my country.

I just really wanna top these off and finish them finally, but alas.

Sleep is whack. I feel bloated and my bladder is always full.
I managed to wake up in the afternoon yesterday which is good. But then when I was tired and ready for bed I got one hour and the bathroom breaks are endless. XD

I just can't wait for monday. And any appointment date after. I just wanna make progress now. -n-
I want to have career recommendations based on my personality type.
I wanna get access to the hidden job market because fuck fast-food and retail that doesn't allow you to sit/move around.

TyraWadman

God this is stupid. XD

One of the perks of always living in an apartment is that the shoveling would be done for you. Now I'm out there almost every day doing it.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- I know the plow is gonna shovel me in afterwards so - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ScaratheWolf

Scara is on her honeymoon; Currently Ronin
God this is stupid. XD

One of the perks of always living in an apartment is that the shoveling would be done for you. Now I'm out there almost every day doing it.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- I know the plow is gonna shovel me in afterwards so - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Shoveling snow is sooooo hard, I feel you, I was always the one that got that fun job

Kope

Artist?
I hate that the child tax credit expansion that was cut child poverty in half is now gone because of a few corrupt politicians. It makes me sad for the kids that will suffer just because they are poor.