• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Borophagus Monoclinous

The official prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
Fuck sleep, man. Why does it gotta be so hardddddddddddddd.
I lie down: WOW I'M WIDE AWAKE
I sit down at my computer: GEEZE, I'D BETTER TAKE A NAP
I sleep for 8 hours: WOW I STILL FEEL TIRED
I Sleep for 3: WOW I FEEL GREA--NOPE, I FEEL LIKE DYING
Sleep for 12 hours: WOW I FEEL TIRED
Sleep for 14 hours: WOW I COULD GO TWO DAYS WITHOUT SLEEPING

And then when I do sleep, I dream, and when I wake up, it feels like I never slept. It's so rare that I DONT dream when I sleep.
When its about to/raining, I get tired. It was so hard keeping my eyes open today for the 5 minute sprinkle we had. It got easier an hour or so after the rain.

The only times I've ever been able to wake up feeling fully refreshed, is when I wake up to a completely empty house- so the few times the whole family was out of the house, basically. No alarms. I don't oversleep nor do I get too little.
I know I like my own space but yeesh. Why can't things just be a little easier for me?

You may have a sleep disorder. I do. I have sleep apnea. Hate it so hard. Just want to sleep normal.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Today, when I played animal crossing, I got a letter from Octavian and he called me sweetkins. He said he was out shopping and saw something that reminded him of me...
And he....
And he...
IT WAS A TRASH CAN!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!
Ooh, looks like someone is a bad mayor xD

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
That's right.
You also have to start your mornings off with a muffin. Doesn't matter what kind, as long as it's a muffin.
Otherwise I just beat you into compliance. Teehee! ~ <3
muffins suck.
muffins suck.
muffins suck.
hot chocolate in summer.
muffins suck.
muffins suck.
muffins SUCK.

P

Purplefuzz

Love how people online will cry about bad typing and ignore that mild dyslexia & dyspraxia is a thing. But will spam text memes that are unreadable garbage or being annoying about the post.

rekcerW

An odd situation, but I have a buddy that tries to fucking drive home shitfaced all the time after getting hammered up with me. It usually works out to convince him otherwise when he pulls that shit, but not all the time. The guy is twice the size of me. Thankfully I can usually keep cooler after drinking, and once had to try and wrestle his keys from him, managed to talk him out of being really stupid after doing everything to hang onto them.

Last time, though, we went right to the bottom of the stairwell, and I was trying to block the door. Got into a screaming match, and I remember being like 'FUCKING SWING AT ME THEN,' and he did. Got a good one in the eyebrow, another one in the temple, and one in the jaw. Lost my fucking shit, started swinging back, and he went down.

What a shitty fucking feeling, I remember fucking shaking him thinking like holy fuck please get up, like do I have to phone 911, fuck fuck fuck, and he got up, thank fuck. Got him up the stairs when he came to and was trying to ask him shit I saw from TV lol, like do you know your name, where do you live and shit like that. Got him a cab which I paid for, and he went home. Cab driver was wicked and phoned me to let him know he got home safe.

What a shit feeling to watch your fucking friend drop like that, it burnt me. We're still friends after that, but like fuck me. I didn't expect him to just go out like that, wasn't cool. Caught me off-guard though, it was like holy shit we're doing this. I can't just let somebody just leave my house to drive themselves home fucked up like that, though, it's not right.

Least I can still fight I guess...

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
I don't know if there is a Covid 19 thread but I have contracted the coronavirus. I can't fucking breathe but I'm probably going to be okay. Fucking hell, though. I should have been more careful.

Tallow_Phoenix

Totally not a vampire
I don't know if there is a Covid 19 thread but I have contracted the coronavirus. I can't fucking breathe but I'm probably going to be okay. Fucking hell, though. I should have been more careful.

I feel for you dude, I'm pretty sure I caught it all the way back in March (but that was back before they had widespread/affordable testing in the US so I'll never know for certain). I was actually worried I was going to die from suffocating, and I'm usually pretty calm about that sort of thing. I did recover, but my lungs hurt for like a month afterwards. ><

Xitheon

I feel for you dude, I'm pretty sure I caught it all the way back in March (but that was back before they had widespread/affordable testing in the US so I'll never know for certain). I was actually worried I was going to die from suffocating, and I'm usually pretty calm about that sort of thing. I did recover, but my lungs hurt for like a month afterwards. ><

It feels like drowning. I'm worried because I also have pancreatitis and gallstones, so I was already weaker than usual. I'm a wreak.

Sorry for the whining, but this is the Vent Thread.

Tallow_Phoenix

Totally not a vampire
It feels like drowning. I'm worried because I also have pancreatitis and gallstones, so I was already weaker than usual. I'm a wreak.

Sorry for the whining, but this is the Vent Thread.

You're good, I've done my fair share of whining here. >w<

Borophagus Monoclinous

The official prehistoric floofy woof of FAF
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY.
I get to work
at 7:30. No lunch break. Too BUSY. Get out a couple of hours early because a friend had a TREE fall on his house, and needed help fixing the roof. Spend the next several hours ripping off all of the shingles. Just got home at 9:00. FucK.

Lunneus

Perpetually Tired
It kinda blows when you at least try to make an effort to engage in whatever your friend is excited/passionate about, even when you really have no interest in it, but then they don't really reciprocate that much unless it's something they can tie back into their own interests so they cna get back to talking about that. Kinda makes you feel isolated ya know? Like you're just being talked at instead of talked to.
And then when they jsut keep talking about the same thing over and over and over and over and over for days and literally will not talk about anything else you try to bring up for more than about a minute and you try to be nice because you do value them as a friend but it's like... jeez. kinda makes makes you dread hearing the notification.

Xitheon

It kinda blows when you at least try to make an effort to engage in whatever your friend is excited/passionate about, even when you really have no interest in it, but then they don't really reciprocate that much unless it's something they can tie back into their own interests so they cna get back to talking about that. Kinda makes you feel isolated ya know? Like you're just being talked at instead of talked to.
And then when they jsut keep talking about the same thing over and over and over and over and over for days and literally will not talk about anything else you try to bring up for more than about a minute and you try to be nice because you do value them as a friend but it's like... jeez. kinda makes makes you dread hearing the notification.

That perfectly describes how I communicate. I talk about my interests and forget to reciprocate. I'm seeing your problem from the other side. I've spoken to friends for hours, thinking I have had a nice two-way discussion, only to be informed that I've spoken exclusively about myself.

I am sorry. I can't help it. Asperger's sucks.

JIBBLY

♡ Lovely Baby ♡
I've been feeling super lonely lately. I found out a couple days ago one of my friends, who told me they couldn't hang out because of COVID, went ahead and posted pictures of themselves with someone else! Wow. Also had a couple friends I expressed wanting to hang out with and they said they'd get back to me but it's almost been a month. I wouldn't mind this if people just told me they didn't have time or something! Or at least kept in regular contact instead of me having to hunt them down to talk to them! People have been saying it's a two way street when it comes to friends, always pinning it on me, but what about the other person? What if it's reversed? What then?

I value friendships so much. Being an autistic girl who doesn't go outside much, this is an entirely new thing in my life! Never was comfortable with doing this kind of thing because on top of inappropriate social behavior and lack of social skills, I was shy! I had many friends then. Now that I'm actually trying to engage, no one wants to come around? This is nuts! Looks like people liked me better a few years ago compared to now...

To top this off with something nice, one of my friends are going to hang out in the city with me. Yay! We met at the end of May, but he's someone I really trust. I hope this isn't my excitement for new bonds making the mistake of being too kind to someone! That would be so hurtful...

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
My entrusted Heineken ain't helping me recently... I need aother method.