• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

RAM

FAF's Favorite Problematic Chud
Cancelled my insurance policy to grab a new one today. Service was good and prompt and I'm always polite to service staff but...

...these agents and pre-screeners sound so sad and lifeless.

I legitimately feel sorry for them. These types of jobs must be terrible.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
View attachment 133422

Remember when Steam went down last week and no one could play any of their offline games? Yeah, me neither.

Just love this pro-consumer behaviour of forcing customers to buy a shitty game off a shittier platform due to exclusivity deals and then have one of the two mandatory launchers fail to operate and prevent the player from actually playing an offline game.

The only thing worse than Ubisoft is Epic Games. It was a mistake to even do business with either company.
Tried to play For honor with someone for the first time and there was issues. Ubisoft be freakin out

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
Cancelled my insurance policy to grab a new one today. Service was good and prompt and I'm always polite to service staff but...

...these agents and pre-screeners sound so sad and lifeless.

I legitimately feel sorry for them. These types of jobs must be terrible.
Trust me, large portions of the insurance industry are a mess like that. They may officially train you to be respectful, but for about 90% of the industry getting anywhere requires you to ditch your respect and sense of self.

I still have to untrain a lot of my "think of everything in terms of dollar amounts" mentality (it is a terrible one for trying to manage people, in any sense of the word) from the time I tried to be a salesman, and that was almost a decade ago.

Sales jobs, and insurance in particular, are not for people with scruples, despite all government efforts to the contrary. The only way you're keeping them honest is with good lackeys that focus on the laws and ethics - which a lot of salespeople are loath to hire until they absolutely have to.

I dunno how well this applies at the individual level, but be careful not to switch policies too rapidly. You're treated as a higher risk that way and won't get the best rates.

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
Aight I'm about to throw a fit. How do I report ads on here. I moved yesterday and so I'm using my phone for this forum instead of my computer which has adblock
Literally just got an ad that was yiff. Censored with little white boxes, but straight up was yiff.
@Furrawin or something like that was the handle in the ad. If I'm not supposed to call them out by name, I'm sorry but I don't care.
I need to find the thread again, like last week some big admin or site director or whatever said in a thread after I complained about mild lewdness and fetish stuff in ads that they screen the ads before putting them up to make sure they're OK. I'm calling bullshit. If these were screened that ad would not be running

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
And now an ad with vore, both eating and internal shots.
I really need to find a way to block ads on my phone.
I wouldn't block ads here at all, to support the site. But I have to because of all the disgusting shit whoever the useless twit who manages ad space purchases allows

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
I wouldn't block ads here at all, to support the site. But I have to because of all the disgusting shit whoever the useless twit who manages ad space purchases allows
I have to use a different browser like DuckDuckGo on my phone, honestly.

Say what you will about it, it's worked consistently for me on mobile devices.

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
The ads on here are utterly bizarre. I will go on here and see ads for a DnD kickstarter or a furry t shirt business then on other occasions I will see vore and stuff that makes me want to bleach my eyes. What even are the guidelines they are using to approve these ads?

Pygmepatl

Spotted Skunk
You could use something like uBlock Origin, which has both a desktop and a mobile browser extension. And I believe it has finer controls too, so maybe you can only block the ads you don't want to see while leaving the rest intact.

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
Is it android or iPhone? And do you use a gmail account?

I get girl on girl, sex harness, and preggo. Honestly, it's a little amusing, but I have my gmail account active and the google bot just picks it up. Stop typing the problem ads and try yuri, yaoi, slacks, and things of that nature from time to time.

I use bikini, swimsuit, and bra just to keep the ads on the tamer side.

Minerva_Minx

For typing in nexus, i now see ads for "The furry nexus, 26000 members". Omg, i hate google ad services,

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
For typing in nexus, i now see ads for "The furry nexus, 26000 members". Omg, i hate google ad services,
Login to your google account, go to 'account' from the top menu bar, 'privacy', and from there you should be able to make changes to the nature and length of time that google retains and uses your information.

Might help.

Minerva_Minx

Google is easy to ignore, my hate (mild inconvenience) is the algorithm tries to find things for you matching interest first. Then, if nothing, it matches words. As a minor programmer, it annoys me. Once, i searched for normal lighting and DnD, then got ads for Industrial Light and Magic.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Google is easy to ignore, my hate (mild inconvenience) is the algorithm tries to find things for you matching interest first. Then, if nothing, it matches words. As a minor programmer, it annoys me. Once, i searched for normal lighting and DnD, then got ads for Industrial Light and Magic.
I find it frankly amazing that the advertising model funds the internet.

Who are the people buying products because they appeared in advert suggestions?
How are they buying enough to fund the browsing habits of the rest of us?

quoting_mungo

Who are the people buying products because they appeared in advert suggestions?
How are they buying enough to fund the browsing habits of the rest of us?
Because I live in a country where there's probably fewer purchased ads than in, say, the US, Google often serves me up ads for products I recently viewed (on select sites that advertise with them, obviously). If it's a product I actually intend to purchase and just hadn't yet, and the ad pops up on FA or another site I want to support, I might go through the ad instead of navigating straight to the storefront, so the site can have that extra penny or whatever. (I have no illusions it's a lot of money, but if it helps, it helps, yanno?)

I also suspect advertising in general is becoming less and less about products and more and more about brand recognizion. It doesn't 100% matter if an ad directly leads to sales if it means people see your brand and go "yeah, that's familiar to me," which may lead to sales in the long run. TV ads certainly don't look like they did 30 years ago.

Smaller scale advertising like the artist ads on FA does seem to work, from what I hear. But that's fairly cheap ads hitting a pretty receptive/well-matched demographic (compared to, like, random ads for snus on TV/YouTube ugh), so just a couple of sales would be enough for most artists to make back the cost, depending on their price point. But if that can help FA break more or less even, at least on fixed monthly costs, maybe there's enough people who do click on ads in general?

That said, sometimes I feel like the Internet is at least half funded by the sale of personal information and browsing data. What really boggles my mind is how anyone would pay for penis enlargement spam emails.

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters
A1E5744E-50E5-4B79-9CEA-BE2B66687198.jpeg
9F5F5E87-A193-4831-A529-534550C50AB8.jpeg

amazon getting it wrong

DF4D3245

一个无产阶级红卫兵与铁路车辆设计师
Imma发泄关于发泄。
安装房屋通风口/风管是一项非常简单的工作,您可以在 8-12 小时轮班的任何地方站起来,然后您基本上 75% 的时间都在梯子上。通风口中使用的金属板非常锋利,到一天结束时,我的手臂上会被割伤 15 处。
听起来是很辛苦的工作