• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

TemetNosce88

Prepare for the collapse
Y'all ever have a mental breakdown because you're not the person you used to be? I guess they call that an identity crisis, right?
Pretty much all year long. It's exhausting and no fun.

Here's something to keep in mind, it's helped me a lot. Notice that after you lose what you thought you were, you still exist. You didn't go anywhere; there's still a you that persists. So what you really lost was something that you only thought was you. When you lose those things, you get an opportunity to see who you really are under all the window dressing.

I hope that helps in some way. Take care.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
Youtube's music playlists are so bad. Every time I click on one it's the exact same songs in the same order. Including the songs I immediately alt-tab to and change off of when they start. Whenever I listen to a new song I get a playlists for that song, and when I click on it, it's the exact same playlist but now the first song is the one I just listened to. Why?

So I finally found a video of a playlist made by a person, and it was great! Like 20 or so songs I've never heard, and some of them were really pretty good! I wanted to listen to more of these playlists, but every other video on the user's channel is of Japanese or Korean songs, which I don't really enjoy that much. Why is it so hard to find new stuff to listen to? :mad:

Kope

Artist?
Youtube's music playlists are so bad. Every time I click on one it's the exact same songs in the same order. Including the songs I immediately alt-tab to and change off of when they start. Whenever I listen to a new song I get a playlists for that song, and when I click on it, it's the exact same playlist but now the first song is the one I just listened to. Why?

So I finally found a video of a playlist made by a person, and it was great! Like 20 or so songs I've never heard, and some of them were really pretty good! I wanted to listen to more of these playlists, but every other video on the user's channel is of Japanese or Korean songs, which I don't really enjoy that much. Why is it so hard to find new stuff to listen to? :mad:
YouTube in general recommendations suck. I keep getting cringy kid you tubers screaming at me with big pointless red arrows everywhere :/

finalqed

Okay this certainly isn't the biggest problem but it's been on my mind for a while. I tried D&D for the first time about 2 years ago, and I couldn't get into it. The group was great, the campaign setup was a little confusing but not too bad, but my biggest problem was the roleplaying aspect. Simply put, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't pretend to be someone else, or come up with phrases or mannerisms that someone else would have. This same issue shows up in other places too, like whenever I try to write I have a lot of difficulty writing dialogue for characters that don't basically have the same personality as me.

But lately I've started to wonder if this is indicative of a bigger problem. Why are personalities that aren't my own feel so foreign to me? It's as if there's this ability, this link to connect with others that I haven't developed yet. Historically I've been accused of being selfish and lacking empathy for others, which I previously just brushed off but now I'm thinking they have a point. Even now I just realized I started off by saying I have a problem playing D&D, as if that's somehow more important than lacking empathy in general.

Does anyone understand where I'm coming from? If this is indeed an issue I'd like to work on it, but I'm kinda lost on where to start.

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
Gaslighting and underhanded motives are at an all time high this day and age, and it's quite sad actually. Being street smart is a precious necessity.

Hi-FiWolf95

Metal Misanthrope
As much as I love metal, the community surrounding new thrash bands as well as artists is a turn off, and my love for thrash has also died down, it's become generic af, and it's likened much too close to punk culture and those stereotypes. The culture of thrash used to be very individualistic and diverse, now I just see bands spewing their dichotomous dogma on social media. I also hate djent, and all these uncanny hipster-dressed prog/jazz people playing their blackgaze, or lifeless sounding black metal. Lot of metal bands, respectively thrash have their roots in old school punk/hardcore, but now it's infiltrated with one-sided American ideological bullshit. I miss the lyrical themes of the '70s and '80s, and to an extent '90s, it was just about getting pissed off at the world with fair assessments, and wielding swords.

Last edited:

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I got hugged by a hobo, a bit deprived of human contact these days but I would still rather avoid uncomfortable contact with drunk strangers

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
As much as I love metal, the community surrounding new thrash bands as well as artists is a turn off, and my love for thrash has also died down, it's become generic af, and it's likened much too close to punk culture and those stereotypes. The culture of thrash used to be very individualistic and diverse, now I just see bands spewing their dichotomous dogma on social media. I also hate djent, and all these uncanny hipster-dressed prog/jazz people playing their blackgaze, or lifeless sounding black metal. Lot of metal bands, respectively thrash have their roots in old school punk/hardcore, but now it's infiltrated with one-sided American ideological bullshit. I miss the lyrical themes of the '70s and '80s, and to an extent '90s, it was just about getting pissed off at the world with fair assessments, and wielding swords.
You're not helping your case with being "reformed" as from what I've heard these new bands are very much inclusive.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
You're not helping your case with being "reformed" as from what I've heard these new bands are very much inclusive.
yes so much of the 'alt' scene which includes metal embodies inclusiveness which as one may know means it isnt all inclusive because you cant maintain an inclusive space with toxic individuals who will make others feel unwelcomed or excluded just for immutable traits. It is the same principle as the paradox of tolerance.
So for people of different races, sexualities, identities, and such these communities have over time become more and more awesome for that.

ASTA

Failed Redemption Arc

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
There were no transphobes involved. The thread got locked down by people who derailed it into trials on other users, constantly misrepresented what those users said and did everything they could to pick fights.
nah I won't mince it at all based on my experience with certain individuals and things they had expressed and said in the past and not just in that post calling them transphobes was actually an astute title for them to be fair and kind about it.