• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
Remind me sometime to tell you about a time in Italy when I thought I was making a regular coffee and ended up drinking a 20oz espresso with a Midol kicker.

RamblingRenegade

Just a Horse Trying to Avoid Life's Manure
I honestly didn't realize that my drinking had gotten so bad, apparently my mental health doctor wants to send me to substance abuse rehab for 30 days. Maybe I need it. I mean I tried to buy beer right after I left my 1st appointment until someone talked me out of it at 840 in the morning

Minerva_Minx

Friend: So, anything you want to talk about?
Me: need a psychologist. Someone. Wtf is wrong with me?
Friend: Hey! Emotions! Good girl! I'm proud of you!

I hate my personality at times. I still don't understand me after years of being me.

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
It’s hard to truly realize how much you’ve been through until somebody reminds you that what you experienced was so, so frighteningly far from normal.

In the back of your mind, you know it wasn’t right and it shaped you for the worse. You’re aware that you have to, for lack if a better phrase, learn how to walk again. But you’re so far removed and so desensitized by what happened, it seems utterly minute, even when others are completely shocked and disgusted by it.

Minerva_Minx

It’s hard to truly realize how much you’ve been through until somebody reminds you that what you experienced was so, so frighteningly far from normal.

In the back of your mind, you know it wasn’t right and it shaped you for the worse. You’re aware that you have to, for lack if a better phrase, learn how to walk again. But you’re so far removed and so desensitized by what happened, it seems utterly minute, even when others are completely shocked and disgusted by it.
This is why I try to be sunshine and rainbows.
I mean reclusive and run away from people in real life.

Rimna

I ordered something from the internets and the last shipping update is from fridaaaayyyy aaaaaaaaaaaa
*dies*

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I had the confidence to get my dream job and boot-strap myself into the USA.

But I don't have the confidence to just catch the bus instead of walking 3 miles.

Firuthi Dragovic

World Serpent, overly defensive
I had the confidence to get my dream job and boot-strap myself into the USA.

But I don't have the confidence to just catch the bus instead of walking 3 miles.
To be honest with you? If you're used to walking, only use the bus in the winter or when it's raining so hard it's like standing under a waterfall.

Or have there been incidents in your neighborhood recently that make you think walking's not the best idea?

Punji

Daedric Prince of Secrets
One of my neighbours put up some really awful and annoying flashing Christmas lights and I hate them. They flash at differing intervals and it gets very very fast.

Not only is that an annoying and shitty thing to have to look at all the time, it's also STILL NOVEMBER and Christmas is still OVER A MONTH AWAY.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
Christmas lights in general. I have a nice set, the classic C9 size LED bulb string that will go up December 1, but they have to be powered by a very long (100 foot) extension cord from my back sun porch. I have to leave them on all night to keep the tweakers from trying to steal the cord for copper.

Why don't they make recycling copper wire in more than one pound increments per month illegal? It would stop the crack-heads from stealing it out of vacant houses and job sites.

BooTheHamster

Banned
Banned
Christmas lights in general. I have a nice set, the classic C9 size LED bulb string that will go up December 1, but they have to be powered by a very long (100 foot) extension cord from my back sun porch. I have to leave them on all night to keep the tweakers from trying to steal the cord for copper.

Why don't they make recycling copper wire in more than one pound increments per month illegal? It would stop the crack-heads from stealing it out of vacant houses and job sites.
I don't think making things illegal has much of an effect on curtailing bad behavior amongst those already inclined to engage in illegal behavior. It just establishes consequences, of which enforcement may or may not be consistent.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
To be honest with you? If you're used to walking, only use the bus in the winter or when it's raining so hard it's like standing under a waterfall.

Or have there been incidents in your neighborhood recently that make you think walking's not the best idea?

I can use the bus for free because my employer covers me, so it would save time.

I haven't worked out in 4 months or so, ever since I got sick and now my arms are tiny and wimpy and it sucks not having huge guns bro

Start off again with small exercises I suppose and get back into it?

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I debated whether to vent this on the forums or not...

Whoever keeps sending stuff we didn't order on Amazon to our house.... this is not how you spite Amazon, and Amazon told us to stop returning them...

I don't think making things illegal has much of an effect on curtailing bad behavior amongst those already inclined to engage in illegal behavior. It just establishes consequences, of which enforcement may or may not be consistent.
The first year my family and I were in Indiana, a tweaker tried to steal a different 100 foot cord. We were at home and the lights flickered hard. Got up to investigate, found no lights in the kitchen - tripped circuit breaker. I turned the breaker back on and it tripped right away. I remembered the Christmas lights were on the kitchen circuit so I went to investigate further. Found a tweaker, knocked out by being shocked when he tried to cut the cord, since the end was inside, behind a locked door. Oddly enough, the cops knew him by name. For the next year or so, his name kept popping up in the police blotter for copper theft. Finally met his maker while trying to steal copper off the roof of the old Texas Roadhouse building. Seems the power to the roof AC units was still on.
The next spring, we sat an old but serviceable vacuum cleaner on our porch with a free sign on it. Someone came along and cut the cord off, making us have to dispose of a now unusable vacuum.
By accepting no more than a pound of copper per month only with valid ID and making payment via check by mail, it might make it more onerous on the tweakers to continue to steal copper.

Rayd

profound asshole
i was the nicest, most innocent kid growing up. and now i have a passive hatred for everybody. i'm nasty and bitter and unstable towards everyone. i wanted to love people and love life, and now i can't stand either of the two. my entire day can be ruined by someone without even meeting them or talking to them. i'm that intolerant.

i wanted to be creative, and now the slightest thought of expressing creativity sends me into a panic attack that leaves me gasping for air.

i wanted to be outgoing and well spoken, and now i never use my voice, crushed under the weight of crippling social anxiety

i wanted to be intelligent and thought provoking, and now i struggle to express the bare minimum of basic topics without my train of thought crumbling

so fucked up how circumstances and upbringing can fucking destroy someone's soul. the 10 year old me would fucking sob if he saw what i was now. i despise that this is who i am. i hate that endless solitude and madness is my normal. i don't want to live anymore. my one shot was blown. i want to start over with all my heart but i cant.

Eyleifr

Recluse
i was the nicest, most innocent kid growing up. and now i have a passive hatred for everybody. i'm nasty and bitter and unstable towards everyone. i wanted to love people and love life, and now i can't stand either of the two.
Me too. But I don't hate myself. Society has made me like this. An innocent and kind being will not survive in this world.

Amepix

Some Furry Artist
R.b1bfefd4b05912c4b6abc6d3592d2707

Yakamaru

Maid in France :>

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Been a while since I posted here or sent anything so, Imma try to fix that.

Start by sayin I've been struggling with school and the stress that comes from it. Social relationships been eating at me stuff like that. Been loosing sleep because of it, not eating right because of it. Feels like there is a literal weight on me all the time, always sore and tired and it big sad. The end of the semester is coming up so im hoping that will give me some time to either focus on the social aspect of my life or to take a break from everything and sorta detox myself.

On brighter news I found this place on campus that I've volunteered at. It's a greenhouse that provided produce for the various places on campus. I'm learning about the systems they use and its really really interesting. The volunteers are sorta a revolving door so I dunno about finding like a good friend or a possible partner from there. The head greenhouse lady is a bit old for me but she seems kind. Dad sorta keeps pressuring me to find somebody and while it would be fun I honestly have no idea if I could handle that.

Segueing he wants me to try online dating. Again seems like a huge time sink, while it would be nice is really like intimidating. Though I've been taking on more stuff at home, normally I get pushed away so my mother can do it, because she likes to. But i've been saving up and thinking about moving out sometime soon. I got another friend we talked about getting a place together in passing, I might hit him up and see if he is still thinking about that.

In general been an on and off kinda thing. My college career has been plagued by lots of life lessons that either hurt or wear me down. But so far im still here, wether I like it or not. Im gonna keep giving it a try and I want you all too as well. It sucks but there is always going to be that good thing at the end of the day or you look forward to every week, a friend or a family member or maybe that special someone. I've lost sight of that a lot and it hurts more than anything else in the world. But once your down you can only get back up.

Luxibutt

Silly Pupper Girl
I was so pissed at work on Wednesday. I was glad that it was just me and my client that day because if his daughter was there, I would've made my frustrations known. Why I was so pissed? Well, I was walking up to my client's home and I heard his laundry. They have a vent that the dryer sends the air outside. As I was walking up, I smelled something weird. I chalked it up to it being the neighbor's cat shit and walked into his apartment. As I was putting his food away since he had a ton on his tray (This woman always over fill his tray with food. Always. It's fucking annoying.) , I smelled shit. I walked over to his dryer and stopped it and pulled out his stuff. HIS FUCKING DIAPER WAS IN THE DRYER. I was so pissed because, 'Who the fuck doesn't check the damn laundry before tossing it into the washer and dryer?!' So it was not only his diaper but the wipes they used also. So there's gross wipes, diapers, and since the diaper was in there, some of it was tearing apart so there was debris and fucking shit in the dryer. The clothing had shit on it. I couldn't fucking believe this shit. I was just impressed how stupid whoever put this stuff in the washer. Like, when you change the fucking diaper, you put it in the trash the minute you take it off. SO WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?! I know his hospice aide that comes by to give him a bed bath doesn't do this. She does exactly what I do. Take off diaper and put it into the trash.

So I had to rewash his clothes and clean the dryer which was fucking hell. That just made me grumpy for the rest of the shift. I didn't tell my guy what happened. I just did the rest of my chores and hung out with him until I was off.

I just can't believe that happened.