• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
"Yea, you know the internet plan you had ten years ago? We're charging you 100$ for it now."
"Why? I don't need fiber, my online games ran just fine without it! You don't offer anything with the newer fiber at reduced speeds?"
"No."
"But the government said you legally had to sell internet that people can afford???"

And so they did, but you can only access these prices through special 'government programs' for when you're already too poor to afford it anyway.

I hate how much bullshit is wrong in this world.

BooTheHamster

Banned
Banned
"Yea, you know the internet plan you had ten years ago? We're charging you 100$ for it now."
"Why? I don't need fiber, my online games ran just fine without it! You don't offer anything with the newer fiber at reduced speeds?"
"No."
"But the government said you legally had to sell internet that people can afford???"

And so they did, but you can only access these prices through special 'government programs' for when you're already too poor to afford it anyway.

Yeah telecom corps are scummy.

You ever hear the backstory of diabetes medication?

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"No."

I'm going though that myself...needed fiber for the connection, their only modem that can handle decent wireless is for that, but no option to reduce or throttle to save money. So yeah, I got great internet sure but anything else pretty much requires a rewiring of the house now, and no real options as the "fiber line is what it is." I like the speed sure, but it's like driving a Ferrarri around, I'd be just as sontent with a simplier option but in the metaphor, the Ferrarri dealership's the only game in town.

Regret

Insert Witticism Here
Monday is going to be an absolute shitshow
I’m pleased to report that “is” can now be changed to “was” for that unfortunate series of events which managed to exceed all expectations in an unexpected way. Though on a positive note, I have a good feeling about next week, since we are all coming back from a holiday.

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
"No."

Wife said I'm too nice and can't pay for it for you as a Christmas gift. It would cascade and lots of people would ask for internet. We're ok, not elon musk ok.
So i asked about commissioning event though you don't commission. And wife threatened to carve me up with the Thanksgiving turkey because nope.

That sucks. I want to start a gofundme for Tyra's internet.

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Wife said I'm too nice and can't pay for it for you as a Christmas gift. It would cascade and lots of people would ask for internet. We're ok, not elon musk ok.
So i asked about commissioning event though you don't commission. And wife threatened to carve me up with the Thanksgiving turkey because nope.

That sucks. I want to start a gofundme for Tyra's internet.

I am okay! I'm mostly upset with the fact that isps will gouge people for money and then try to look like a hero by offering better prices to low income households, instead of just offering it from the start.

Minerva_Minx

Ok.

But I'm going to vent USA is down by 1 to go to quaterfinals and we're against England. I also can't see the game.

Bollocks.

Minerva_Minx

Crap. Ok. I'm in a spot of bother and need help from someone who has a more feral looking fursona or just a pet will work.

I won a raffle and well, my happy minerva self is a tad too complex.

D

Deleted member 160111

I hate the sudden deterioration of my mental state. I hate losing my strength so abruptly, as if someone is drowning my voodoo doll in cold water. I hate body pain. I hate the recurring thoughts of suicide. I hate myself and life.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 160111

Crap. Ok. I'm in a spot of bother and need help from someone who has a more feral looking fursona or just a pet will work.

Why don't you introduce your fursona in a feral form?

Minerva_Minx

It just doesn't work right. caracals themselves have odd features.

Rimna

Well-known Monkey

Oh I'm definitely very feral especially...

wait wrong thread ;w;

PeppermintSwirl

People who proactively use cancel culture to their advantage, and those that use their massive follower base to harass others and make blocklists of other people. So yeah, it's mostly a twitter thing but I've noticed it a bit on youtube and reddit as well. I just wish people would treat each other with the same decency and level of respect and not resort to insults and use intimidation tactics to silence the opposition.

quoting_mungo

Went to a cat show for the first time in years and years (as a visitor; ragdoll is too old and too chonky to show these days). Was hoping to see the breeders I’ve purchased cats from, but while both had cats entered (listed in the catalog), neither was there. Womp womp - I had hoped to do a tiny bit of networking through them.

Back to being a recluse, then!

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Getting stuck in traffic for 40 minutes when you're tired and hungry is aggravating enough without discovering that on top of that, the road was simply blocked by craptivists, then also the secundary road you tried to take

I can't get out of this horrible city soon enough! just three weeks to go.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Tyra all kick your asses for it. Run, run naughty children.
b71c34346a4a44a4e8031d438ca860fe.png
I love it when daddy @Flamingo punished me.. im such a naughty fox boy. I keep trying to get his attention by being naughty on his profile, but he NEVER reprimands me. This means I must take it a step further >:3

RamblingRenegade

Just a Horse Trying to Avoid Life's Manure
Staying in this Covid house.. I swear I'm going for the world record of catching it, and yes I have the vaccine

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
I had the confidence to get my dream job and boot-strap myself into the USA.

But I don't have the confidence to just catch the bus instead of walking 3 miles.
Public transportation is a b***h. I totally get you

Minerva_Minx

Staying in this Covid house.. I swear I'm going for the world record of catching it, and yes I have the vaccine
I'm so introverted I think Covid-19 is doing a mercy roll on me. I'm kinda waiting for compliments and chocolates before it slams the bejesus out of me.