• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I'm so introverted I think Covid-19 is doing a mercy roll on me. I'm kinda waiting for compliments and chocolates before it slams the bejesus out of me.
Sounds like a nice date tbh, very classy of good ol Rona. Coming round with chocolates and nice words before slamming ya after the date is overtly.

Good guy that one.

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
31kno1.jpg

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Public transportation is a b***h. I totally get you

The thing I miss is trains. I was able to get between cities in the UK and even rural locations with them.
In the US plenty of rural locations have freight trains, but nothing for people. Even a lot of cities aren't connected.

The buses thing is just me worrying 'what if my pass gets rejected, what if I go to the wrong stop, what if I am late for work?' though.
When I first got given my pass it didn't work properly, so I've only ridden the bus like 3 times because every time I had to explain to the operator that the pass was new and needed time to be registered.

BooTheHamster

Banned
Banned
The thing I miss is trains. I was able to get between cities in the UK and even rural locations with them.
In the US plenty of rural locations have freight trains, but nothing for people. Even a lot of cities aren't connected.

The buses thing is just me worrying 'what if my pass gets rejected, what if I go to the wrong stop, what if I am late for work?' though.
When I first got given my pass it didn't work properly, so I've only ridden the bus like 3 times because every time I had to explain to the operator that the pass was new and needed time to be registered.
Riding on Amtrak will help you understand why rail transit isn't as popular here. Some cities will have light rail and subway though.

quoting_mungo

Riding on Amtrak will help you understand why rail transit isn't as popular here. Some cities will have light rail and subway though.
It’s a vicious circle. Subway/commuter rail in Europe and in the US (at least around Boston) are worlds apart in some ways. I’ve been told the trains used on Boston rail are retired European trains, and having ridden them, I can well believe it. I don’t get motion sick on rail normally, but in Boston…

Aside from the US car culture being in direct competition with passenger rail (and the cars are definitely well in the lead and then some, there), the less comfortable and convenient the rail is, the fewer people want to use it. The fewer people that use it, the more the operators want to cut costs, which is liable to make it less comfortable and less convenient.

Rail could be a more attractive option than it’s currently considered to be, but getting it there would entail big investments and years of operating at a loss before possibly overcoming inertia. People would rather drive or fly because that’s the options they’re used to considering, even if the rail was upgraded to affordable luxury transportation tomorrow.

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord

Yup… preaching to the choir. I live in rural Wisconsin and we don’t have any public transportation whatsoever—no buses, passenger trains, taxi/driving services. If you don’t have a car or can’t afford gas, you’re kind of screwed.

There are passenger trains, but they tend to only go to and from major locations.

I used to take a Metro bus to and from college in California and even that got so ridiculously expensive it wasn’t even worth it. I was paying more in fares than I would have in gas if I had a car. The US doesn’t invest enough in public transportation and it always baffles me when I hear about other countries having those services just… available to everyone

D

Deleted member 160111

One of these days, I'd like to journey really far north where the weather is so cold it can kill me, just to see if I have what it takes to make it out there.
But that day is not today.
Even several layers of warm clothes, you will feel terribly cold. Have you heard that the workers of the polar stations at a temperature of -5 or something, start to take off their jackets? They are used to the cold, and they are hot when the temperature outside is above - 10. The same thing happens to you at the end of winter. Necessary that the body gets used to the cold. But I would like to move to another place where the climate is more severe and stable.

RamblingRenegade

Just a Horse Trying to Avoid Life's Manure
Even several layers of warm clothes, you will feel terribly cold. Have you heard that the workers of the polar stations at a temperature of -5 or something, start to take off their jackets? They are used to the cold, and they are hot when the temperature outside is above - 10. The same thing happens to you at the end of winter. Necessary that the body gets used to the cold. But I would like to move to another place where the climate is more severe and stable.
I mean I like the cold but you live somewhere else, Siberia is known for winter kicking your ass

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
I mean I like the cold but you live somewhere else, Siberia is known for winter kicking your ass
The worst I’ve ever had is Wisconsin weather XD tornados and blizzards, sure, but nothing like Siberia or Alaskan winters

RamblingRenegade

The worst I’ve ever had is Wisconsin weather XD tornados and blizzards, sure, but nothing like Siberia or Alaskan winters
we've had thundersnow so that was different

The_Happiest_Husky

I love you all <3 We had a good run

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I wanna start by saying I’m not suicidal.

Great way to start a post innit?

I feel sorta helpless. When we are kids we are taught to ‘be the change you want to be’ ‘treat others how you want to be treated’ ‘give kindness onto the world’ ‘respect others unconditionally’. All of these things sound nice and if everybody gets them unequivocally then it’s good. But then it comes to the second point of living, making an impact. Leaving good kids behind, saving a life, improving quality of people’s lives, leading this world better than when I left it. In my entire time on the internet I was niave I thought I was making a difference. But in reality I was just lying to myself to make me feel better. I can’t change hearts and minds, I can’t stop anybody from hurting themselves. Even when I am kind to people this kindness doesn’t always get reciprocated and many continue to do mean or even ‘evil’ things. I can’t make the world the place I want it to be. I will never see enough money or influence or even people who care or have a similar enough vision to do anything. I just have to sit here every day and see school shootings in the news, see friends and family growing sick, watch friends who I love dearly drift away. What does any of it matter really? I don’t want to die, and that’s why I started with my opening. It just feels like life is so meaningless. I get to wake up every week day to go to school to learn a skill for a job I will hate, I work on weekends to make minimum wage and a paycheck that would make me want to cry. I will work for the next 40 years if my life minimum in the hopes that I will save enough to not have to work when my body starts to die.

The routines and the patterns and the same thing over and over again all feels so pointless. When I leave this life I won’t have made the world any better. It will be left just as broken as when I came into it. That scares me.

RamblingRenegade

Now he just needs to become a recluse and the cycle will become complete

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I might as well eat all the unhealthy shit I can, do as many drugs as I can, die before I’m thirty and not have any kids.

D

Deleted member 160111

I might as well eat all the unhealthy shit I can, do as many drugs as I can, die before I’m thirty and not have any kids.
Yep. And you can also lead a healthy lifestyle, have three children and a prestigious job. Help charitable foundations and be a decent person. However, you may die in an accident/ from ass cancer and your three children will be left without a breadwinner. Life is unfair. No matter how you live it, you will be forgotten. Any attempts to be fair will only make your own life difficult. It's your business and your choice, but it's true.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I just want to be able to help people. Leave good advice, help those who are down, pull friends out of bad places/choices. But I can’t! No matter how much I try to be kind to get people to like me so I can be a positive change in their life I’ve never once been able to.

RamblingRenegade

Nobody likes me, I'm the first to admit it, friends what are they seriously. I can talk here because in real life everyone tells me to piss off and spits on me, because people IRL suck