• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Vent Thread

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
Oh and for a vent... I'm still mad all these years later about Kojima leaving Konami in the middle of the Silent Hill project after dropping P.T
I don't know what that is, but.

*Hugs you tightly.*

There, there.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Who got bitten by a labrador five times and now has a star chart of bruise and teeth marks on his leg.....this guy

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
So since joining these forums I've been wanting to draw wayyy more but I'm having to use my phone because of my lockdown situation and argh I swear to christ anyone who says they can draw with a phone and their fingers is lying. Literally nothing is intuitive. I didn't even have a drawing tablet with my computer but fucking mouse drawing was easier than this shit. Why couldn't this wave of inspiration have happened back in November when I was bored as fuck but had access to my setup.

D

Deleted member 111470

I wanted to get a new mattress for my bed but the local shops are out of sizes for what I have, and ordering one from another city will cost so much in delivery.

God damn it. Oh well.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
I wanted to get a new mattress for my bed but the local shops are out of sizes for what I have, and ordering one from another city will cost so much in delivery.

God damn it. Oh well.
I will start a go fund me, furries will donate access fluff so we can make you a bed.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
So since joining these forums I've been wanting to draw wayyy more but I'm having to use my phone because of my lockdown situation and argh I swear to christ anyone who says they can draw with a phone and their fingers is lying. Literally nothing is intuitive. I didn't even have a drawing tablet with my computer but fucking mouse drawing was easier than this shit. Why couldn't this wave of inspiration have happened back in November when I was bored as fuck but had access to my setup.
I'm very sorry about that. I know exactly what you mean with inspiration. You dont decide when it comes and goes. You just gotta do the best you can with what you got, and stay positive about it! I know there will be a large group of furies here willing to help :3

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
Happy Vent: Snow was so bad we got to go home a few hours early today!
Sad Vent: We got stuckded.

Snow was blowing around real bad. Plows are super slow to get running here, and were just coming down the road when we were just a two minute drive from home. The snow had drifted onto the road turning it into a single lane, but we didn't really have time to back up or slow down and they just kept coming so we pulled off into the snow.

Didn't get stuck that time!

Got stuck the second time we had to do it, because apparently any oncoming traffic just doesn't give a shit about slowing down in bad weather like this.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

Couratiel

Star Stuff
I've had a headache for nearly a solid week now.
Probably due to stress from the government thinking that $670 a month is enough to survive off of.
I miss having tangible things to look forward to.

Saokymo

Art Cookie
I was about to say "But I am a starving American" but the truth is that I'm Canadian.
Haha, I probably should have read your post a bit more clearly and I would’ve picked up on that! $670/mo is nowhere near enough to live on, but it’s still slightly better than the stimulus the US came up with... the two payments together work out to roughly ~$180/mo for about 10 months. Guess we just have to bootstrap ourselves harder?

Couratiel

Star Stuff
Haha, I probably should have read your post a bit more clearly and I would’ve picked up on that! $670/mo is nowhere near enough to live on, but it’s still slightly better than the stimulus the US came up with... the two payments together work out to roughly ~$180/mo for about 10 months. Guess we just have to bootstrap ourselves harder?
I think 670 comes to 577 USD.
What I'm talking about though has absolutely nothing to do with Covid stimulus.
It's a disability pension. These payments haven't even started yet because it's a requirement to be unemployed for at least 4 months before they give you anything.
While on this pension I'm not allowed to earn more than $5000 a year. So in total, that would average to just over 1,000 (about 780 USD) a month.
For the rest of my life, I am not allowed to earn more than $410 a month, otherwise I lose all of my support.
I am now expected to live off of 577-780USD a month for as long as I live.

In terms of Covid stimulus though, I have been provided with nothing but pity from the government.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
You hear that..?

Silence. Complete.. and utter silence.

There comes a time in your life when the negatives start to far outweigh the positives, and the only option is to cut any and all contact with people so they will no longer affect you and possibly drag you down with them because of a lack of taking personal responsibility for the fuckery that they've caused. I am coming up on some.. 7-8 months now of having cut any and all contact with my mom, and what she tried to pull back in April was like pouring half a liter more into a beer glass that was already full. I cut any and all contact with her, both directly and indirectly.

Whenever someone is attempting manipulation, especially emotional manipulation, I can smell that shit from fucking Jupiter. And when she called me around 11.20 or so on the 18th of April waking me up I could smell manipulation through the fucking phone. Not only in the wording because of a lack of clarity and avoiding questions when asked about any specifics, but also the damn appeal to emotion, something of which doesn't work with me in the first place. She have a tendency to always leave me in the dark when it comes to things, but I am not stupid and I exactly how she is due to having been around her for many years.

She had gotten into a fight with her now ex-husband(literally a surprise to NO ONE) and wanted a divorce. Due to ending up as the single owner of the house in the next couple of months at best, she needed financial insurance due to the loan on the house as well as having a tendency to spend money before she even have it, so very little to no capital or savings to go off of. Who better to try and manipulate and control on this front than her son, right? Try and make me sign a contract I am legally not able to in the first place as I would end up entangled in the fuckery too?

A fraudulent housing contract. A fraudulent housing contract is what she wanted me to sign. I am already registered in living at a completely different address, and if the bank or anyone else made any form of inquiries they'd easily find the bullshit going on and I would end up entangled in a legal swamp I have no intention of being dragged into. And so I declined, twice during the same call.

And she have the fucking audacity to try the appeal to emotion route by saying "But how could you do this to your own mother?!". Uhm. How about fuck YOU, you piece of shit? How could YOU do this to you own SON? You fucked up, YOU clean up. It's not my job to come in and save your sorry ass whenever you've messed up. You're a fucking adult, take responsibility for your own fuckery and don't drag family down with you because of your own lack being an adult. How could one POSSIBLY even think about dragging their family let alone kids into THEIR mess? Take responsibility and clean up your own fucking mess. I am not interested in being involved with ANYONE financially. I have a stable job and a house coming down the line. I am not interested in sacrificing my own safety and security for the sake of someone else who fucked up, knew they fucked up and instead of cleaning it up decided to try and shift the blame on someone else instead(her ex-husband). Not to mention that shit is illegal to begin with as well as I am not interested in giving her money either.

And so I hanged up as I was not interested in being pestered, manipulated and abused like this. Couple of hours later my sister calls me on the same topic. We had a very long talk about it and other stuff as well. Suffice to say she knew this was a fraudulent contract too, and had told my mom previously that if I am not interested in signing it she had no option but to accept it. My sister calling me.. Was a sign that my mom WOULDN'T let this die, and what ensued for weeks afterwards can only be described as direct and indirect harassment. Involving my sisters as well as my aunt. Was an inch away of filing a restraining order due to all the harassment, but luckily my second and last call with my aunt made the harassment stop. Told my aunt I knew this was a fraudulent contract that I have literally zero interest in signing, and if my mom don't stop I will file a restraining order with the police. I refuse to be subject to harassment and exploitation on the mere basis of being a part of the family, and taking the fall for someone else who should theoretically speaking, know better than behave like an irresponsible child.

And so I blocked my mom's number soon after. Aaaand checked my call logs just now too, and apparently she's been calling me a lot. I am reading like 6-7 calls these past 4 months alone. Leave me alone you insufferable piece of shit, I don't want anything to do with you. And this is just the tip of the iceberg of crap she's attempted throughout the years, too..