• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

very new and looking to get started!

Foster

helloooo, while im not new to being a furry i would say im relatively new to being involved in the fandom. ive always kind of kept it to myself as a personal interest, but i'd like to focus on bettering my art and meeting new people in the fandom, maybe even one day learning how to create fursuits

do you have any tips to getting settled into the fandom? like meeting people, how to get out there and make a nice space for yourself? other than creating furry art (still finding good platforms to share this) im unsure how to become more involved in the community

W

WolfoxeCrevan

helloooo, while im not new to being a furry i would say im relatively new to being involved in the fandom. ive always kind of kept it to myself as a personal interest, but i'd like to focus on bettering my art and meeting new people in the fandom, maybe even one day learning how to create fursuits

do you have any tips to getting settled into the fandom? like meeting people, how to get out there and make a nice space for yourself? other than creating furry art (still finding good platforms to share this) im unsure how to become more involved in the community
Heya, and welcome to the fandom! >w< I would gladly start out your long list of friends. Lol
For "getting settled", I don't think anyone ever settles here, it's just like trying to land a helecopter with no experience. But meeting people, I'd say the internet (such as this website) would be the fastest, but I don't really have any advice for real life seeing as I've only met a couple other furries nearby and that was just by chance. Getting yourself out there... again I have no advice because I'm really closeted and yeah... :/ but I'd say you should just try your best to make some friends and you're good to go! >w<
Trying to sound inspirational but I'm really tired and I talk to much. I'm sorry. Welcome to the forums. -~- zzzzzzzz

Foster

ayy thanks! im still trying to wrap my head around how FA works (and how to navigate tags, it honestly seems like a mess so far) but im seeing a lot of nice art ive never seen before

G

Ginza

Hello! Welcome! I too am just beginning to join in with the community end of the fandom. Most of my years, I've simply observed from a distance, but chalked up the courage to get to know the individuals more recently. My best advice is just to be yourself (cheesy I know) but it really is true. You will definitely find someone in the fandom who has the same likes and interests as you. Going to furcons and meets is also a good way to meet people irl. Getting into the fandom isn't anything major, just chill and say hello

Foster

thanks! im hoping in the future i can learn how to sew, so i can practice the craft of fursuits! it looks INCREDIBLY fun, and im always super super proud whenever i finish big projects, so i think in the future learning how to suit would be very rewarding for me, and i could contribute to the fandom in big ways. until then ill try and focus on my art and see if i can make some new friends along the way

welshmage

hey how you doing.im new to all this also.
was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of which programs are the easiest to use as a beginner for line work/art and where id be able to get linework kits from to start me off.
thanks for any help in advance