• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

ViciousTyrant WIPs

ViciousTyrant

Good day to you all. I am ViciousTyrant and this is my sketchbook thread. It's not much of anything, but I hope it will lead to me becoming a better artist. However, in order to do this, I need help. I'm a persistent person, and take constructive criticism seriously. If you have any advice to give, I'll be very grateful for it.

Since I'm mostly a NSFW artist, and the rules of the forum severely restrict that, I felt it best to just post clean work until further notice. As a result, I don't have much to share.

rZLC1yx.jpg

Don't be afraid to be brutally honest, sugar-coated words is the last thing I want.

Until next update, thank you.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
You can post links to NSFW artwork; that's allowed, just not in excess. Your sketch work look nice so far, albeit tough to build on without more details. You're right, though, about there not being much to critique. That image there is preeeetty much all you got up...anywhere. 'Soon as you post something a little more complete, i'll be happy to poke and prod your work.

ViciousTyrant

Hello, thank you for the response! I read the rules, and I need to upload them to a place that blocks access from minors by forcing them to sign in. Still, if something a little more completed is needed to work with, I do have this picture I'd appreciate feedback on. My primary gripes with my work is anatomy rather than color and shading so that's what I would like focused on. My tumblr is age-restricted, so that should do it.

http://al-brooks.tumblr.com/post/123324491127 (WARNING: MINOR NSFW [Clothed Bulge])

and here's another "sketch" for the "sketchbook" for archival purposes, since it's not far enough along for feedback.

VNSR4jZ.jpg

Last edited:

ViciousTyrant

Moving along, I finished inking and adding flats to a previous sketch shared here. I also tweaked the initial design several times over.
This is what I have.

O3w1T6V.png

7732uJn.png

If something can be fixed or improved in any way, lemme know. Critique is VERY much wanted.

Fidchell

Time destroys everything.
Hey there, the art piece you've posted in the original is really well done! There was only one thing I could really find wrong that really stands out, and it's around the area of the tiger's chest. I can see some foreshortening going on here, but the red panda on the right's hand is a little strange. It looks like her palm is resting on him, but her fingers are not actually touching him. I would recommend applying some of that foreshortening on the fingers as well and make them look a little flatter so they appear to be laying out across his torso. It's not off by a large amount, so you only have to modify it slightly.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
i would suggest you try lighter colors. The dark fur on your ladies is waaay too dark to see any detail and the orange on them is too deep. if you colored 'em in lighter shades, you'd have a base color to shade on to give them more dimension. The light-to-dark transition on them is also a bit sloppy. Try rounding out the transition of the fur on the right girl's thigh too; like she's wearing stockings.