• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Video Games Where You Can Play as the Bad Guy!!!

Trevorbluesquirrel

The rare game where you play, or have the option to play, as a villain!

Tell me the game, console, and why the character's a villain!

I'm much more familiar with older games though!

ATARI 2600

Custer's Revenge: The Nerd: ''You fuck a naked chick up against a cactus!'' Native American girl too!
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: You play as Leatherface, killing girls with a chainsaw!

INTELLIVISION

Dracula: You suck peoples' blood, and send zombies after the police!

NES

Rampage: You destroy buildings and vehicles, and eat people!

SUPER NINTENDO

Super Godzilla: You play as Godzilla, and destroy buildings!

NINTENDO 64

Road Rash: You race to join a motorcycle gang, mow down pedestrians, and knock cops off bikes!
Super Mario 64: You can drop a baby penguin off the edge of the map!!!
Xena Talisman of Fate: You can play as the show's villains, who gain ultimate power over the world!

NINTENDO GAMECUBE

Crazy Taxi: You run into and flip cars, drive through a mall, almost run over people!
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door: You take control of Bowser at some points!

NINTENDO WII

Epic Mickey: You can sacrifice a Gremlin for some lousy tickets, mess up a romance, not help roboticized Pirates.....................................

SEGA GENESIS

Streets of Rage: At the end, you can defeat Mr. X, and become the new leader of his criminal organization!

PLAYSTATION CONSOLES

Bully: You play as a bully!
Grand Theft Auto Series: Just everything! Or most everything!
Jaws Unleashed: You play as the shark, destroying boats and eating people!
Spyro the Dragon Series: You constantly burn critters that don't harm you, just for health!

PC

Carmageddon: You destroy cars and run over pedestrians and cows!
Dracula: Love Kills: You can suck the blood of girls, turning them into vampires!
Duke Nukem 3D Nuclear Winter: You can murder Christmas carolers you find ''annoying!''
Friday the 13th: 1 player gets to be Jason Voorhees!
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream: The characters are horribly flawed, made past mistakes!
Night Hunter: You play as Count Dracula, stealing holy medallions to create chaos on Earth!
Oregon Trail: You can drown your party, and shoot way more animals than you need!
Roller Coaster Tycoon: You can murder your park guests on the rides! Or drown them!
Shadow Warrior: You can murder Lara Croft as she's chained to a wall!

Games where you almost played as the villain!!!

NES A Nightmare On Elm Street: Almost played as Freddy Kreuger, killing the teenagers!

YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Alien VS Predator Series
American McGee's Grimm
Animal Crossing
Arcanum
Batman Arkham Series
Battlezone 98 & 2000
Bioshock 1 & 2
Black & White
Blood
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
City of Villains
Civilization 4
Counter Strike
Command and Conquer
Crawl
DarkSiders Series
Dawn of War
Deadpool
Destroy All Humans Series
Deus Ex
Disco Elysium
Disgaea
Dishonored Series
Divinity Original Sin 2
Doshin the Giant
Dota2
Dragon Age
Dungeon Keeper Series
Dungeons 3
Dwarf Fortress
Elder Scrolls Series
Everquest
Evil Genius
Evil Quest
Fable Series
Fallout Series
Fire Emblem Three Houses
God of War Series
Half - Life: Opposing Force
Halo 2
Hitman Series
Hotline Miami
Hyrule Warriors
Infamous Series
Katana Zero
Kirby Air Ride
Legacy of Kain
LEGO Series
Live A Live
Lucius
Manhunt
Mario Bros
Mario Kart
Mario Party
Mastermind: World Conqueror
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
Metal Gear Solid 3
Mortal Kombat Series
Nefarious
Nier: Gestalt
Nintendo World Cup Soccer
No Heroes Allowed
OFF RPG Maker
Outer Worlds
Overlord Series
Payday 2
Planescape: Torment
Pokemon Series
Postal 1 & 2
Rampage: Total Destruction
Red Dead Redemption
Saint's Row
Shadow the Hedgehog
SIMS Series
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic and Mario Olympics
Sonic and Mario Racing
Spec Ops: The Line
Spider-Man ( PS2 )
Starcraft 1 & 2
Stardew Valley
Star Wars: Empire at War
Star Wars: Forces of corruption
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 & 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Stellaris
Street Fighter Series
Super Smash Bros.
Tecmo's deception
Twisted Metal Series
Tyranny
Undertale
Universe at War
Warcraft 3
WARHAMMER 40000
WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY
Wizardry IV
Yakuza
Zero Escape

If you care to dispute any......................!

Last edited:

linkmaster647

I shall keep the beats
all could think of is hyrule warriors (wiiu/3ds/switch) where you can play the story of cya..... and is evil because she wants to revive ganon, the king of evil

Seraphon

Azor Ahai
All played on PC, not sure if they are all PC original, or what they may have been ported to.
I have played a lot of games that give you enough freedom to let you go on a killing spree, but I won't mention them unless there are actual plot/quest-related consequences, not just 'being fined' or 'making the game unplayable'.

Dungeon Keeper series,
Overlord series,
In these, you play as an evil overlord, taking over a bright and cheerful land.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
You play as a brainwashed former villain, and are given many opportunities to commit evil acts

Fallout series,
Whether you're in the mood to kill children (1&2), eat human flesh (New Vegas), nuke a town (3), there are many opportunities to deal with people and factions in a dickish way

Undertale,
You can treat it as a traditional JRPG grindathon, devastating a (mostly) innocent and (mostly) peaceful community

Wizardry IV
The main character is the defeated, imprisoned villain from the first game, and his opponents are heroic adventurers trying to stop him escaping

RossTheRottie

Movie Buff, Aquascapist, Hack Writer
[All platforms except PC.....Grrrrrrr]
Metal Gear Solid 3

You get to play as Big Boss, the principal antagonist of the series (both physically initially and in spirit for later entries) which was an excellent twist.
I would say Metal Gear Solid 5 as well, but if you know the bizarre twists and turns of that game then you know why I didn't include it.

The first thing that came to mind was the Fallout series but that was already mentioned. Sometimes I intend to play a good, moral character but eventually somebody disrespects me and I can't stop myself from vaporizing their skull with say The Terrible Shotgun or something similar.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Honestly, most modern games pretty much have you playing as a zoosadistic human-sue who's Mission is basically to kill all non-human life they come across and to stop the main villain (that only ever wants to kill humans and nothing for some reason, even if they are a Mindless monster) from balancing out the human race, so if that is your idea of a villain, then a lot of games have you play as a villain.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Leaving out the rpgs that aren't entirely designed for the premise or the "you can be evil if you want but your still have the follow the main plot" type games.

Warcraft 3 - You can play as the Undead in the base game and the expansion.
Starcraft 1 & 2 - You can play as the Zerg in both expansions (a hostile alien race bent on killing everything around them)
Most God of War games - The entire premise of the all games save for the newest one is killing all the Greek Gods in an act of revenge.
Any GTA game - The name of the game is to commit crimes and do whatever illegal thing you desire in the game.
Any Twisted Metal game - The entire premise is set upon a small selection of contestants battling to the death for the ultimate prize of a single wish.
In the process of this contest, you'll gunning up major cities and running down any pedestrians that get in the way.
Postal 2 - A somehow more disturbed and twisted version of the GTA games.
Alien VS Predator (2000 - You play as the xenomorph in one of the campaigns.

As to how much each respective game emphasizes the villainous part of their games, I suppose it varies.

Inkstars

Radioactive Monster
Elder Scrolls games usually have the option to play as a non-hero, how evil you are is dependent on you (and how badly you want to fight the very difficult to fight guards). The Dark Brotherhood are also assassins. (In Morrowind you can play in the Morag Tong as well iirc)

Fallout 3 at least you can play pretty evil, although you can't kill kids, which is kind of a shame but at the same time I get how controversial that would be. I'm not sure about Fallout 4 or New Vegas because I didn't play far in either for varying reasons. (My health being the main one).

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
Divinity Original Sin 2
You can get a villain tag if you just do stupid shit and kill everyone. Pretty funny ngl.

Ra'ara Su'nai

The golden-voiced fox
Mmmm, in a way, you can play as the bad guys in Fire Emblem Three Houses when on the Black Eagles route. I use that definition loosely, because the "bad guys" change based on who you side with. If you take path A, then one group becomes your enemies, and if you take path B, the other becomes your enemies. It's really up to you to determine who you want to call the bad guys there.

For those who haven't found said route, you unlock it in chapter 12, immediately after certain events that cause a change in Byleth's appearance(most notably his/her hair color). Following that, if you talk to Edelgard while exploring the monastery(might need to be on the first week, but definitely CANNOT be on the last week) it'll offer you a choice that gives the warning message that it will drastically change the story. After the scene that follows, the rest of the month will play out as normal, as will the mission that comes at the end, but once you complete that mission, it will give you another split decision, and once again warn you that it will drastically change the story. At that point, it's fairly obvious which decision has you siding with whom. I played through one route the first time, and I can tell you that if you do not have the first conversation with Edelgard, or you pick the decision that obviously does not favor her, YOU WILL NOT GET THE SPLIT DECISION OPTION AT MISSION'S END!

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
Y'know what, I'll add it just because it was a childhood game of mine; and to help get it to 50 games.

Shadow the Hedgehog. (Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2) (I played on Xbox version)
You can go villain route, every mission has an villain or hero route so even if you're on the hero side you can do "villain" goals.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Good ol' Blood. That wonderfully gory and brutal FPS is from 1997, yet it's probably my most favorite game of all times. While you are fighting bad guys - you're a pretty bad guy yourself, slaughtering your former occult comrades not to save the world, or any other such sentimental motive, but out of pure vengeance.