• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Video Games Where You Can Play as the Bad Guy!!!

Nax04

How you doing
DarkSiders 1, 2 and 3, you can fight what you would consider the good guys "heaven" and the bad guys "hell", you are kinda neutral tbh, you just kill whatever attacks you lol

RafflesHolmes

Infamous 1
Infamous 2
Infamous: Second Son
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Depending on your viewpoint, but that gets into spoilers.)
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
Grand Theft Auto (Series) Because no one in that series is exactly a good person.
Any Twisted Metal Game
Sonic Adventure 2
Undertale
Fallout
Elder Scrolls

There's a lot of video games. The choice to play as the bad guy isn't at all uncommon nowadays.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
So, a kind-of example...

PS2
Spider-Man (2002)

The video game adaptation of the first Tobey Maguire/Sam Raimi film. It plays like a mission pack sequel to the acclaimed PS1 Spider-Man games, which is very solid gameplay. The stuff added to the plot to stretch out the game makes little to no sense in the context of the film and it messes with the ending a little cringily. But it's a fun enough ride, Bruce Campbell is your tutorial narrator, Tobey and Willem reprise their roles as Peter and Norman. There's a bowling minigame.

So why do I mention it here?

Well, because if you beat the game on the hardest difficulty, you unlock the option to play through the main story as The Green Goblin.

Granted, it's Harry!Goblin (voiced by future Spectacular Spider-Man Josh Keaton), and he's ostensibly heroic and fighting a Gobby doppelganger as the main villain. Still, it's the Green Freakin' Goblin, with the Pumpkin Bombs and the Glider and the Gizmos.

His gadgets do more damage than Spidey's web attacks, though his melee attacks are weaker. You lose the wall-crawl but gain a Flash-run that deals damage to folks you collide with. The Glider is faster, generally more meneuverable, and allows for hovering midair, though it doesn't get the height or quick direction-change that Web-Slinging can.

But this feature alone makes it one of my favorite liscensed games of all time.

Trevorbluesquirrel

Infamous 1
Infamous 2
Infamous: Second Son
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Depending on your viewpoint, but that gets into spoilers.)
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
Grand Theft Auto (Series) Because no one in that series is exactly a good person.
Any Twisted Metal Game
Sonic Adventure 2
Undertale
Fallout
Elder Scrolls

There's a lot of video games. The choice to play as the bad guy isn't at all uncommon nowadays.

Most were already mentioned, but some new entries!

And yeah, I know modern games give you bad guy options, but like I said earlier, was mainly looking to find out about more vintage cartridge games!

Like in my initial post!

Now at 68!

Last edited:

Jackpot Raccuki

Although half canine, is not a wolf.
was mainly looking to find out about more vintage cartridge games!
NES Mario bros.

You're technically a bad guy if you smash any blocks since those are toads...
And some people have argued mario is a bad guy... Either way mostly a joke and makes you realize what a monster you are when you find out those bricks were once living toads. >w>

S

Stuff

As far as I'm aware, the only Game I've played where you are the Bad-Guy....

Is Payday 2.

Because......You're the Medic-Bag dude working with 3 other idiots trying to rob banks, rob another bank, steal an entire room, make drugs, rob more banks, fail a stealth-heist together with level 5s and then get arrested because somebody screwed everything up.

Payday 2 is probably the best Game where you get to be da Bad-Guy.

Munch D. Terelli

Evil Genius is another older sim where you take the role of the big bad.

Surprised not to see a mention of Dwarf Fortress. Players have notoriously
* constructed gas chambers utilizing deadly poison cloud spewing kaiju monsters to kill off prisoners of war
* thrown infants into oubliettes full of vicious animals and left them there for their entire childhoods to turn them into super soldiers
* designed mechanisms to set dwarves on fire in a controlled manner to burn off all their soft tissues and thus make them fire-retardant
* built devices to repeatedly drain oceans in order to airdrown mermaids for their valuable bones (the game creator made mermaid bones worthless after this one because it squicked HIM out)

...I always tried to play DF nicely, and I still ended up deliberately crushing a lady with a drawbridge because she'd lost both arms in a battle, couldn't dress herself and was making everyone else upset by standing around naked and crying a lot...

Leeze

Professional Procrastinator
In Bioshock 1 and 2 you can do a "villain" play-through, you can do some pretty evil things in the Hitman series, Red Dead Redemption is another one where you can make some rather dastardly decisions, and the Dishonored series also has a "villain" option. The only cartridge games that I can think of off the top of my head where you could play as the villain were probably the first few Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter games. Also, according to PETA: every Pokemon game ever made...XD

Tyll'a

Stubborn Caracal
City of Villains. I mean, being the villain is in the title! Sadly, the official servers closed long ago, but there are some fan run servers.

Oh, and that's on PC.

Last edited:

Heppi

The happy one~
An overview of all those games would be nice. Maybe edit the first post, but you don't have to.

Doshin the Giant is a game that I personally never played, but I think it's possible to destroy many things here, if not everything.
Hurt soccer players in Nintendo World Cup (NES). They are literally lying on the ground for the rest of the game. (Good memories, haha.)
You can do some really bad things in the Zero Escape games.

Nintencats

I gained all of the levels. ALL of them.
I know that in OFF the main character’s actions are revealed to be evil, and in one of the endings he is the final boss. It’s been a while since I watched a let’s play of it though so I don’t remember the exact details.

real time strategist

"What's an airport, again?"
Evil Genius is another older sim where you take the role of the big bad.

Surprised not to see a mention of Dwarf Fortress. Players have notoriously
* constructed gas chambers utilizing deadly poison cloud spewing kaiju monsters to kill off prisoners of war
* thrown infants into oubliettes full of vicious animals and left them there for their entire childhoods to turn them into super soldiers
* designed mechanisms to set dwarves on fire in a controlled manner to burn off all their soft tissues and thus make them fire-retardant
* built devices to repeatedly drain oceans in order to airdrown mermaids for their valuable bones (the game creator made mermaid bones worthless after this one because it squicked HIM out)

...I always tried to play DF nicely, and I still ended up deliberately crushing a lady with a drawbridge because she'd lost both arms in a battle, couldn't dress herself and was making everyone else upset by standing around naked and crying a lot...
The only true villians in that game are those damned elves, which you can play as in adventure mode so i guess it still counts also maybe the secret !!FUN!! in a certain area beneath the earth

Basically any RTS (counting being able to play a campaign of them), the ones that currently come to mind are:
all Starcraft games except Wings of Liberty and whatever that protoss expansion I didn't play was called

any Command & Conquer game
Dawn of War: Winter assault and higher except for DoW2 original (although this definition varies based on what you define "good" as)
all Warcraft games
Universe at War
Star Wars: Empire at War + Forces of corruption? (not much of a star wars nerd so idk if they are actually "bad-guys" or not)
Battlezone 98 and 2000 (not 100% on 2000 as i didn't play it)

Also just to add a few games that just popped in my mind:
all Aliens vs Predator games
Deus Ex (has you go on both sides, so it counts I suppose)
Halo 2

Leocrit

A Furry Gamer
I can name a few. Some are good some are bad, but they are bad guy games.

Mastermind: World Conquerer, Rampage: Total Destruction, Jaws Unleashed, Evil Quest, Carmageddon (Play the PC version, the console versions suck), Destroy all Humans 1 & 2 (Only play those two, the rest aren't good) American McGee's Grimm, Lucius (I only played the 1st one I've haven't tried out the sequels yet), and Overlord 1 & 2 (The rest suck)

C

CrookedCroc

No heroes allowed! VR
no-heroes-allowed-vr.jpg

It is a real time strategy game where you get to play as the god of evil/destruction

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Ooh! I don't think the game Dungeons 3 has been said yet. That game lets you play as a dark elf who controls a horde of evil minions and sets traps for heroes.

BigBoss84

Somebody deleted their message, so had to adjust the numbers!

Now at 56!
I have been playing Dota2 for some time and namely this game gives me everything I need. Even if my parents are against any games and are afraid of becoming addicted or forgetting about reality, I think this will never happen because I know how to keep my balance.
By the way, is anyone here playing Dota2? I can recommend you a wonderful site that helped me a lot. Has anyone tried Dota2 boosting? I just love the way it works.

Last edited: