• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Video Games Where You Can Play as the Bad Guy!!!

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Does making an imperialist dictatorship in Civ 4 count as playing the villain? hell yeah it does. Especially if you decide to nuke a tiny nation just because they refused to sell you sugar.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Tyranny. Underrated RPG from Obsidian.
Think Baldur's Gate but the bad guys actually won. Short but amazing game!

Punkedsolar

Never say never

AbstractReptile

Half-Life: Opposing Force. Although, like many of the other games suggested, you're not really playing as the 'villian' of the game. Just because two or more fictional characters disagree with each other does not mean any of them are villainous.

Halo 2, for example, has you playing as a character from both sides of the conflict, but neither of them are bad guys in any sense.

lenago

Top hatted fox
I know of a few old school games,like Tecmo's deception for the ps1 : in this game you are a bad guy who has to arm his castle with traps and monsters,to get rid of any heroes who dare invade.

A funny thing happen to me in that game,after a giant bolder trap, smashed one of the heroes, i got distracted and got smacked in the face by the bolder as well.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Pretty much any Warhammer 40,000 game. But, especially Dawn of War. The first and it's expansions let you play as the Forces of Chaos with daemon allies, the Orkish Horde, and even the Necrons!

In Dawn of War: Soulstorm. You can play as the Dark Eldar/Drukkari, evil space elves who literally have the goal of taking back slaves to their big multi-dimensional space city where they torture and rape them so they can sacrifice each other to keep Slaanesh at bay, so basically you're playing the army of torturing slaver elves.

In Dawn of War 2 there's more of a mainstream campaign, but in Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising you literally can turn your squad of marines evil. Plus, you can play Dawn of War 2: Retribution and have a villain campaign where when playing as Chaos, the first mission has you killing brother Davian Thule of the Blood Ravens, (the hero of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.) There's also a Tyranid campaign (where you basically kill and eat every living thing in your path), an Ork campaign (but they're sort of the reluctant heroes as they save an entire sector from Chaos, over an Inquisitor's hat. Yes, a hat.) Eldar are also jackasses when they see Gabriel Angelos get nearly crushed to death, they laugh at his misfortune.) The Chaos campaign to me is my favorite though, even if it saddens me you have to kill Thule right off the bat.

Other Warhammer games like Mordheim, Gladius, and Total War Warhammer 1&2 have full fledged villain campaigns.

People say you can "play" a villain in Fallout, but from the games I'm not really seeing it.

Other games you can play is Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, which if you can find it for the ancient PS2, it allows you to fully win while helping the Russian Mafia. I wouldn't bother is Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. It's a mess.

There's also Overloard, but it's not nearly as good as playing any Warhammer games. There's also Destroy All Humans! Remastered, and of course any Star Wars game when playing as the Galactic Empire.

Last edited:

Tallow_Phoenix

Totally not a vampire
Dunno if it counts, but beating Castlevania: Lament of Innocence lets you play as one of the minor bosses, the vampire Joachim. It's a lot of fun - his super is a huge heckin lazer you can spin around, and when you beat the game with him, you get a short cutscene of him on Dracula's throne doing a maniacal laugh! >w<

safoux

I wouldn't really call you the bad guy in Bully, you can bully people but to finish the game you have to do good things for people. Like the point of the game is uniting the school and bully the bullies.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Most bullies just either grow out of it or become jerks into adulthood. Bullies never really have "motives" or change of hearts.
Not to get off track, but people are generally assholes because they're allowed by the communities they're in; there a lot of communities where that doesn't fly, in real life, like certain workplaces or neighborhoods.

Also, I forgot to add the Avatar game.

Last edited:

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Not to get off track, but people are generally assholes because they're allowed by the communities they're in; there a lot of communities that doesn't fly, in real life, like certain workplaces or neighborhoods.

Also, I forgot to add the Avatar game.

Eh, there's a recent event that I could use but it's way too soon, but I will just say that is not always the case. Yes, there are communities that are horrible, but not always is it the environment.

Also, OP you should differentiate games where you can act bad but you're still the protagonist vs games where you literally can just be the villain.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Most bullies just either grow out of it or become jerks into adulthood. Bullies never really have "motives" or change of hearts.

I've found most bullies and assholes in school go on to have great careers in the policing and military and corrections fields. They just get permission to be themselves.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Oh I never said it was necessarily bad unto itslef, just more like "channelled bad impulses towards a good cause". It s an environment they can thrive in.

I mean yeah, sometimes it's good to be a bit pissed off even. It all depends on what you're doing and how you should be at that current situation. Social norms and all.

Yakamaru

Autumn wolf
It's fun being able to play on different sides and factions. Everything from different backstory to game mechanics.