• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Videogame Confession thread

galaxy-meow

dapper cat
Even though I'm a bit of an Animal Crossing "i don't time travel!" snob...I time traveled once. Just to get a penguin out so someone could give me my favorite villager.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
All my pokemon only know damaging moves.

Stratelier

In Mario Kart, I still try to snake any time I can. (Which is ironic because I was very much against it in MKDS ...but now that it's not gamebreaking anymore....)

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Back when Starcraft Broodwar was still hugely popular~ I often got a kick out of playing 7 v 1 computer matches then unclicking the allied victory button, but doing nothing. Everyone would assume there is a traitor in their midst planning to kill the the rest and so they would all turn on each other like a pack of rabid dogs. Most amusing to watch V:

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw
I released all of my pokemon

because they weren't crocs.

I needlessly horde loot and other such things, to create such a fat stack of cash I can buy anything - Yet I hardly spend a dime, unless absolutely necessary. And I loot everything from everyone.

I'm the same with reloading a gun - It's got to be filled at all times!

Unless it's absolutely required, I basically run off and do my own thing without much consideration for the storyline (assuming there is other things to do, like in Skyrim, Dead Island, or GTA). I might log 20+ hours of a game before actually starting the main storyline!

I typically avoid reading lore, but I'll read wall art and stuff.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
When i get bored playing Fallout or Skyrim i fast travel to all the towns and go on a massive killing spree, reloading a past save when most NPCs in the game are dead. I also played a game in Fallout 3 called suicide long jump which involved the highest point you could reach in Rivet City and a Fat Man.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
On the topic of Zelda and Skyrim, i'm on the boat of gamers who want an open-world Zelda that plays like an Elder Scrolls game. Complete with character creator, so you wouldn't necessarily playing as the usual Link, but rather a character of your own; which makes sense if you consider the game will likely take place before Wind Waker. The legendary hero was nowhere to be seen which was why Hyrule was flooded so it'd make sense in the story line. Also, the whole reason his name is "Link" was due to a wild case of Engrish where Miyamoto couldn't think of a better word for "avatar", so if you think about it, the original Zelda protagonist was MEANT to be original to the player. if you pay attention to the wordage used and press discussions, Zelda devs have been hinting at an "open-world" game that would go back to the roots of what the original game SHOULD HAVE BEEN. So it sorta makes sense to me since Elder Scrolls games were ACTUALLY USED as comparison to describe the new game in development.

i just hope they don't Japan it up like some dull ass JRPG a la Final Fantasy.
</rant>

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I have a habit of getting games and not playing them. I have maybe 7 or 8. Barely/not touched.

Last edited:

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
I have a habit of getting games and not playing them. I have maybe 7 or 8. Barely/not touched.

Guilty of this as well. Damned steam sales....

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
i've never been a fan of Steam.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea and it works way better than i thought it would way back when it first started. it's a neat tool for automatic updates, content, news, etc. but i can manage all that stuff myself just fine. i mean i've been managing all my own downloads, patches, updates and other junk on my own before Steam. i also don't like virtual copies of my games either. i insist on physical copies! Problem is, those versions still need to be verified and validated through Steam to install and play! What's the point aside from a slightly faster install?! Back in '04 i was worried that Steam was going to fail and all the games i bought would be unplayable; even if i had physical copies. i still worry about that. When Steam eventually peters out, how am i gonna install and play my old copy of Skyrim? What if i'm feeling nostalgic and tired of 'Elder Scrolls X:planet Nirn', 'Doom8' and 'Duke Nukem: Duke Goes to Summer Camp' on my vastly superior virtual reality headset? Will Skyrim be available for download? Will all my ridiculous nude Khajiit and giant-donged Argonian mods still work?

Granted by then there'll probably be a rerelease for whatever new platform but still. i like products i can hold in my hands.
(i was joking about the mods part, though...*shifty eyes*)

Last edited:

RedLeFrench

Writer extraordinaire
I'm that guy that buys all sorts of gaming paraphenalia (books) and barely does anything with it, just because I want to support the guys making them. One day I'll take the time to read it all !

Also, I play Pokemon by charisma and I hated the N64 for a long time because the 3D was so ugly it frightened me when I was little...

Gumshoe

Correct me if I'm wrong:

i also don't like virtual copies of my games either. i insist on physical copies!

I would honestly rather buy a digital copy than a physical copy. Too many of my discs end up being scratched and ruined (fault of my own), but I still prefer the reliability of digital copies.

Problem is, those versions still need to be verified and validated through Steam to install and play! What's the point aside from a slightly faster install?!

Saving yourself a car trip/ordering online (plus shipping) and waiting for the game to arrive for longer than the time it takes to install, and Steam sales.

Back in '04 i was worried that Steam was going to fail and all the games i bought would be unplayable; even if i had physical copies. i still worry about that.

From what I see, I don't think Steam is going to shut down any time soon. Even if it did, you can still play the old copies of games that don't require Steam online to play, like Elder Scrolls for example.

When Steam eventually peters out, how am i gonna install and play my old copy of Skyrim? What if i'm feeling nostalgic and tired of 'Elder Scrolls X:planet Nirn', 'Doom8' and 'Duke Nukem: Duke Goes to Summer Camp'

I honestly think you're focusing too much on the future and too little on the present

on my vastly superior virtual reality headset?

Vastly superior virtual reality is an oxymoron.

Last edited:

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Yeah, I don't think Steam is going anywhere any time soon.
I like it. And all the games I have amassed and not yet played because Steam Sales.

Schwimmwagen

Yeah, I don't think Steam is going anywhere any time soon.
I like it. And all the games I have amassed and not yet played because Steam Sales.

As much as I adore the convenience of Steam, I think it'd be nice if Valve didn't have a near-monopoly on digital distribution for games.

It's nice that GOG is doing well. Desura gets by okay, but the quality of games is far lower.

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
Excuse the correction. :V

When playing games where you get to customize a build/character, I always take a route that's more impractical and gimmicky than what's recommended, whether I know it or not.

It drives everyone insane that I spend hours customizing my characters! They need to be juuuuuuuuust right since I usually have a character made up in my head ahead of time. Naturally, I try to get them as close as possible.
Example: I spent an hour and a half customizing my South Park: TSOT character until I was happy with the result. Don't get my started on GTA V!!! Now that was a game objective in itself haha