• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sketchbook: Viivi's critters

viivihal

Heyo! Thought I'd share some of my art here ^^

20200814.jpg
FA

20201011_2.png 20201011.png
FA ---------- FA

20201017_3.jpg
FA

tetramelly

Is there some sort of process you go through to draw the fur and the feathers? It looks quite nice, I like that crow drawing you have in your gallery ; )

And I assume you don't really do anthros?

viivihal

Thank you! Crows are amazing creatures, I always mentally salute them if I see one :D

I'd never thought about my process before so it took some thinking, but it usually is more or less in this order: flat colors -> shadows -> highlights -> details. There is a lot of tutorials going around the internet, my approach isn't that special ^^'

My cup of tea indeed has generally been feral creatures, I've never actually even tried doing anthros. I'm still learning so I haven't even dared to venture in that direction yet, though I'm not opposed to doing them!

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I'm loving the subtle primate influences in your concept. Is there a backstory for these concepts?

viivihal

Thank you, I'm so happy that the design works! I'm working on a worldbuilding project with them, though it's a really slow process as I tend to overthink just about everything ^^' the basic plan is to create a believable-ish culture and environment where they live.