• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

VOCALZ?!

sakket

poot poot pooters
srsly. i'm having the hardest time locating musicians on here who post actual recordings of actual instruments.. let alone their voices. I'm not a big instrumental guy. i like human voices.

just so as to not be hypocritical.. heres my voice! http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1095151/

feel free to discuss..
-vocals
-my vocals
- human sounds
- how sexy i am

Kiffa_kitmouse

The Seventh Stranger
Well, I don't claim to be anything to write home about, but I do record original songs with actual instruments, and usually with lyrics/vocals.

I know what you mean. I don't abjectly hate techno/dance music or anything, but I wish I could cut through the hundreds of FA music submissions that are techno or re-recordings of video game music, which don't tend to interest me, to find the people who write their own songs, with their own lyrics, and music that they actually performed themselves.

I'm running short on time right now, but when I get a chance I'll go through my watchlist to look for some people you might want to check out, and I'll post another reply in this thread.

[EDIT: Oh, I just read your post in the other thread. I hope my walls of text don't discourage you from clicking on anything.]

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
So is it true that singing is more physical and that it requires training of the body to gain a good control of the voice and achieve a good tone?

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
Adelio Altomar said:
So is it true that singing is more physical and that it requires training of the body to gain a good control of the voice and achieve a good tone?

In high school I would feel more exhausted after choir class than after running a mile in phys ed. It is difficult to sing and does take a lot of practice, for most people at least. Naturally, there are some people who just happen to be great at it.

I've never made a recording of myself singing, and I don't really intend to do so any time soon, but here's a link to an FA musician that I like: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/blacknblue

Adelio Altomar

If just singing an hour and a half in school was exhausting, I can't imagine how opera singers do it every night for a week to two weeks!

sakket

poot poot pooters
David M. Awesome said:
Ridiculous amounts of training. They're probably used to it.

not so much in my case. i'm not trying to win american idol, I just like singing.. and i love songs that don't necessarily require perfect pitch to sound good.

Adelio Altomar

Upper ranges? You mean like falsetto? I like to sing up there myself. I had a friend put this video up since I don't have a YouTube account. I kinda want it down but I'll show how weird my voice is. ;)

Dyluck

Adelio Altomar said:
Upper ranges? You mean like falsetto? I like to sing up there myself. I had a friend put this video up since I don't have a YouTube account. I kinda want it down but I'll show how weird my voice is. ;)

By upper ranges I actually meant any notes above the Bass Clef. :p My falsetto is crazy though, I can do Bee Gees and things like that. THAT I might some day make a recording of.

Adelio Altomar

I can do some interesting voices like so as well. It sounds werid and my sister said it sounds kinda perverted! ó_O I don't know how I do but I just do.

Adelio Altomar

I can do some interesting voices like so as well. It sounds werid and my sister said it sounds kinda perverted! ó_O I don't know how I do but I just do.

Adelio Altomar

Most of My music is either Orchestral, or with Ensembles that would be too hard to get enough people interested in making a recording. But as far as singing being difficult I agree to some extent, but in my opinion playing any kind of instrument with a multitude of keys, IE: Sax, clarinet, Bassoon. But yeah, I'm not a songer so its kind of a biased opinion.

Adelio Altomar

I have some music in my head and I can even play it on a piano, even though I have never had lessons. I wish I could read music because it's in my head! GAAAAAAAH *throws a cherry into the ceiling* Stop playing you annoying orchestras!

Adelio Altomar

I have some music in my head and I can even play it on a piano, even though I have never had lessons. I wish I could read music because it's in my head! GAAAAAAAH *throws a cherry into the ceiling* Stop playing you annoying orchestras!

Coffee

I'm actually a classically trained tenor, with the upward reaches of my range extending to the D or E above the tenor high C.

I also rap, scream, and pull of the shins sound pretty well. I'm like a skinny asian Mike Patton.

T

TakeWalker

I too like singing, and I've written a lot of songs in my day. Unfortunately, I don't have a decent recording setup, and I can't play any instruments. Maybe one day I'll be able to pick up the guitar, but that won't cover the full range of what I want to be able to create.

Tiarhlu

AKA Tack
Coffee said:
I'm actually a classically trained tenor, with the upward reaches of my range extending to the D or E above the tenor high C.

I also rap, scream, and pull of the shins sound pretty well. I'm like a skinny asian Mike Patton.

Holy crap, you're like Paul McCartney! I can only sing up to a G. Sometimes a little higher, but it's nothing I could actually use because it gets so thin and bright, and I can only pronounce "ah" up there. But then my voice fades to nothing around the low A, so I'm constantly confused about my voice type. I don't have the highs for one or the lows for the other.

Dyluck

This represents the bass clef:
One or two steps above this line, Middle C, marks where my comfortable normal range ends and I have to switch to falsetto or start belting.
____

My falsetto is beastly and reaches off the top of the treble clef. Don't ask how I can do both, I don't know, either.

Deadsyde

Adelio Altomar said:

I can do a dead on Meatwad

kamunt

Justin Bieber Apologist
Oh, please. You amateurs have no idea what kind of voice you are dealing with here. :twisted: This monster is a senior in high school who was selected to be in the All-State Chorus just last year as a Tenor II. My range goes up to about an F# in full voice on normal days, though I've easily hit As while belting (which, granted, I know isn't good for my voice). Not to mention I got los huevos se necesito for being a bass. I can usually only go down to a low D below the the bass clef staff, though I swear to GOD I hit a low C once. My beastliness often goes disrespected in our school's top choir, but you know, they just mad 'cause I'm stylin' on them. ....Obviously. <_<;

On top of my classical training, I also do some Broadway stuff. Had a few solos in one Brigadoon two years ago.* Not to brag or nothin'... I've also found that, for some reason that neither faith nor science has been yet able to explain, I can do a really good death-metal growl. You know the one...like Dethklok. We're talking hard-on guttural. Then on the upper register of evil, I've found I do a pretty good impersonation of the lead singer for Slipknot. I love listening to myself sing "Before I Forget".

Anyways, I think I've blown my own horn enuff for today. My girlishly low self-esteem can only handle so much of an ego trip. I have an a capella recording of me doing "Desperado" by The Eagles, I wonder if I should post that or something... :? I mean, just to prove I'm not a total a-hole. ...Oh wait, I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. :roll: Nvrmnd.

* Apparently, I also look very sexy in a kilt.

Adelio Altomar

Must be nice to recieve classical training. I've been wanting to learn to sing opera for awhile because the music just comes out when I least expect it, or need it, and after a few bars my voice gets hoarse and starts to gain a scratchy rought quality like sandpaper or something. And it must be nice to hit above Middle C. I can go as low as G or F# below low C and, if I'm lucky I don't strain my voice, up to A below Middle C, so I'm either a rather low bass or it's more apparent I'm untrained that I thought.