• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Volunteers needed for a creative project

Doliba

Hi, I'm Doliba, and I'm currently organizing a Youtube creative project that requires volunteers who are part of a misunderstood group, like furries, and are willing to talk about it openly.

The concept is that I would ask an individual questions on how their life is while being part of this group, and I will use music production and my synesthesia to make a soundscape or "world" of the things they describe. The videos will be titled "This is what _______ sounds like." This would require the individual to send voice files reading their answers, and I can pitch up or down so they remain anonymous if needed.

I haven't made any videos yet, but I'm hoping to start within the communities that I'm part of. If worse comes to worse, I could use my own voice and experiences, but I'd love to reach out to the furry community so that I can hear someone else's point of view. You can also be a part of this if you are lgbtq+, neurodivergent, or anything else that you feel like people can learn about.

The reason I want to share this with the world is because of how similar Youtube channels have affected me. Channels that can make learning about a misunderstood subject into something understandable and entertaining have educated me so much, and have helped me understand myself. Examples of this are Psych2Go, Anthony Padilla and Jubilee.

If anyone is interested in doing this, I should remind you that you can remain anonymous, and this is a volunteering project. If you're interested, DM and I'll tell you what questions can be asked :)

I also apologize that I made an account just for this purpose lol, I don't really know how else to find individuals who are interested

Thanks, Doliba <3

Last edited:

oappo

I'm currently organizing a Youtube creative project that requires volunteers who are part of a marginalized group, like furries, and are willing to talk about it openly.
Not to bring negativity into this thread, but I definitely wouldn't put furries and other groups, specifically real-life ones such as LGBT people, in the same category. Though you will certainly find overlap between them. Seems a bit silly to call furries marginalized.

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Not to bring negativity into this thread, but I definitely wouldn't put furries and other groups, specifically real-life ones such as LGBT people, in the same category. Though you will certainly find overlap between them. Seems a bit silly to call furries marginalized.
I was about to sign up until I read this. Yeah there is much bigger fish to fry. We're just a fandom.

Doliba

Yesss I'm so sorry about that. I could tell that sounded wrong when I was writing it lol, I think "misunderstood" sounds more fitting. Thanks for the help <3