• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wacom Tablet

Are wacom tablets any good? I really want to get a tablet and I rather like this one:

Clickify

I've wanted a tablet for years now and I think I'm going to finally get one.

Is 512 points of pressure enough? should I go ahead and spend the extra $100 or so for more pressure points?

Expencive :'(

I'm not sure how much i'm willing to spend, and I am deffinentaly not made of money, so I'd like the cheaper one, but if the more expencive one is the better course of action, then perhaps I'll save up...

Thanks in advance! *hugs*

Aikon

Orlith Nemeth said:
Are wacom tablets any good? I really want to get a tablet and I rather like this one:

Clickify

I've wanted a tablet for years now and I think I'm going to finally get one.

Is 512 points of pressure enough? should I go ahead and spend the extra $100 or so for more pressure points?

Expencive :'(

I'm not sure how much i'm willing to spend, and I am deffinentaly not made of money, so I'd like the cheaper one, but if the more expencive one is the better course of action, then perhaps I'll save up...

Thanks in advance! *hugs*

I don't know about 512, that's kinda low. I'd see if you can find a used Inutos (original) if you want the best of both worlds. Like I stated in the other thread (Trust Tablet), those tablets are built like tanks. I sold mine (6x8) a awhile ago for around $70, they should be around that price on places like eBay by now. In some cases, it's better than the Intuos3.

As for the Graphire (512 levels), I don't know. That seems kinda low. There's noticeable but slight difference between 1024 and 2048, but 512 to 1024 might seem more noticeable.

I'm assuming this is your first tablet, if that's the case I'd go with a used Inutos over a new Graphire. I'd go 6x8 but 4x5 will work too. Note, if you have a widescreen monitor or dualies, forget all these you'll almost have to get a widescreen tablet.

Hope this helps.

codewolf said:
links are dead mate

Links fixed ^.=.^

Aikon said:
I don't know about 512, that's kinda low. I'd see if you can find a used Inutos (original) if you want the best of both worlds. Like I stated in the other thread (Trust Tablet), those tablets are built like tanks. I sold mine (6x8) a awhile ago for around $70, they should be around that price on places like eBay by now. In some cases, it's better than the Intuos3.

As for the Graphire (512 levels), I don't know. That seems kinda low. There's noticeable but slight difference between 1024 and 2048, but 512 to 1024 might seem more noticeable.

I'm assuming this is your first tablet, if that's the case I'd go with a used Inutos over a new Graphire. I'd go 6x8 but 4x5 will work too. Note, if you have a widescreen monitor or dualies, forget all these you'll almost have to get a widescreen tablet.

Hope this helps.

Yuppers, this is my first one, I've been asking for one for christmas/birthday for years and I've decided to just buck up and buy my own. I never even knew I had to take the shape of my screen into the equation, thats a good peice of info ^.=.^ I'll have to look around for used ones, see if i can get one cheap

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
There is a thread on this already, please review Dragoneer's guide to Wacoms in the Art Forum. It should be in the tutorials and Critiques section.

512 is not low if you're a beginner, I know pros that use Graphires just fine. It's all due to how you're going to use it. Bells and whistles mean nothing if you don't intend on putting them to good use.