• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wait at least 24 hours for a moderator to approve your thread before posting another

D

Deleted member 82554

PLEASE NOTE
I am no longer a mod on this forum. Do not message me about unapproved art threads.

If a thread has not been approved within 24 hours, please message me to let me know.

Henceforth, posting an identical thread within 30 minutes of the last one will be an infractable offense and considered spam. You will be sent a warning with the first offense.
Shut up fag you're not even a mod or around anymore, you have no power over me. >:U

The mods are not Superman, nor are we basement dwelling virgins who refresh FAF every 10 seconds checking for new threads.
iu

SSJ3Mewtwo

just remove this stuff. ist stupid. im sick of waiting , I find artists on DA faster.

Did you post a thread in the Art Sales and Auctions section?

SSJ3Mewtwo

No when i do it takes more than two days and by that time I find artists on DA.

I looked back through your posting history, and the last time I see you posted in the Art Sales section I see you had asked an artist to hold a slot, and then nothing after that.

Are you referring to the Art Exchange and Trades, which is where you seem to post more? If so, this is not the location to post about not finding artists for the works you want. The Art Sales is for securing paid transactions, and the Art Exchange is for requesting free pieces, which artists are far less obligated to offer or accept.

Atsuma

Need to find RPs...
I looked back through your posting history, and the last time I see you posted in the Art Sales section I see you had asked an artist to hold a slot, and then nothing after that.

Are you referring to the Art Exchange and Trades, which is where you seem to post more? If so, this is not the location to post about not finding artists for the works you want. The Art Sales is for securing paid transactions, and the Art Exchange is for requesting free pieces, which artists are far less obligated to offer or accept.
Thats because i always delete the posts before they get listed. and yes the The Art Sales is what I mean

SSJ3Mewtwo

Thats because i always delete the posts before they get listed. and yes the The Art Sales is what I mean

If you are deleting you posts before they can even be approved, there is little point in complaining about their reception here. Please show the level of patience advised in the OP.

Atsuma

Need to find RPs...
If you are deleting you posts before they can even be approved, there is little point in complaining about their reception here. Please show the level of patience advised in the OP.
Because they take to long, and I find an artist on DA before my posts are approved.

SSJ3Mewtwo

Because they take to long, and I find an artist on DA before my posts are approved.

Posts in The Art Exchange are not moderated. If you post there then your request for free art will be instantly visible. But it's up to the artists to decide if they want to do it.

It is rare for there to be more than a 24 hour delay in this section, however, since approval is a fast process.

If that is your only objection, however, please let the debate end there, as bringing up DA is not relevant nor productive.

K

KurtCobain

We could use more mods from different time zones though!

Zel_____

just here to sell stuff and shitpost
I'm trying to post a thread but it keeps telling me a server error occurred. Any ideas? Thanks!

SSJ3Mewtwo

I'm trying to post a thread but it keeps telling me a server error occurred. Any ideas? Thanks!

This wasn't reported anywhere else, so it might be a local issue in your area. Swing over to the main site, and file a trouble ticket under the 'Report a Bug' ticket category, and detail to the tech team what happened so they can look into it.

milk

The thread is already approved.

Hi - I hope it's ok that I quoted you, I wasn't sure where it would be most appropriate to ask this :oops:

I'm wondering if it's ok to have more than one thread active in Art Sales and Auctions at a time? I just created an adoptable for an auction, but it doesn't seem like I can edit my existing thread's title to include the new auction, maybe I'm just missing it. :x So I'd like to create a new thread but I don't want to break any rules.

Thanks!

SSJ3Mewtwo

Hi - I hope it's ok that I quoted you, I wasn't sure where it would be most appropriate to ask this :oops:

I'm wondering if it's ok to have more than one thread active in Art Sales and Auctions at a time? I just created an adoptable for an auction, but it doesn't seem like I can edit my existing thread's title to include the new auction, maybe I'm just missing it. :x So I'd like to create a new thread but I don't want to break any rules.

Thanks!
That's fine. We don't encourage users posting tons of threads at a time, and if we see it happening will likely ask a user to combine their stuff into One posting. But one or two threads for different openings is okay.

milk

That's fine. We don't encourage users posting tons of threads at a time, and if we see it happening will likely ask a user to combine their stuff into One posting. But one or two threads for different openings is okay.

Ok, got it. Thanks!

A

alex.wilson

Question wait for posting a new message altogether or just repeat messages or both so I don't break the rules by posting a different message after a previous post was made
I really don't wanna spam you guys and I should have put what all I'm looking for on one post but did not think about it at the time even though technically one belongs in writing and the other belongs in the buying forum and am not sure I can post both without breakinh a rule so want to make sure

EgyptianEris

The Eclectic Goth Artist
So, my post hadn't been approved for two or three days and so I finally messaged someone. I hadn't realized my new sheet had an option lower than $5 on it, so my post got rejected and I recieved a warning. I rarely use this place and I can't change my prices so what am I supposed to do? I don't know where else I'm supposed to post a question like this so can someone just answer me please? I'm super frustrated right now and upset that I got a warning for this rather than someone pointing it out to me as I hadn't even realized that was a thing that wasn't allowed. I don't know what I'm supposed to do if you won't let me advertise here on the forum with the prices I have that are like... 99% above that amount. Help appreciated.

SSJ3Mewtwo

So, my post hadn't been approved for two or three days and so I finally messaged someone. I hadn't realized my new sheet had an option lower than $5 on it, so my post got rejected and I recieved a warning. I rarely use this place and I can't change my prices so what am I supposed to do? I don't know where else I'm supposed to post a question like this so can someone just answer me please? I'm super frustrated right now and upset that I got a warning for this rather than someone pointing it out to me as I hadn't even realized that was a thing that wasn't allowed. I don't know what I'm supposed to do if you won't let me advertise here on the forum with the prices I have that are like... 99% above that amount. Help appreciated.

I do apologize for the delay in the post being approved or denied. That was simply due to work obligations, and I would have gotten to it within the standard 24 hours had I been able.

I'm sorry if the $5 limit is frustrating for your usual pricing and practices, it became necessary some years ago to implement a bare minimum pricing limit for the section. The section was regularly being inundated by offers for artwork that essentially consisted of nothing more than extremely minimalistic sketches. In a totally hands-off approach, that wouldn't pose a problem. However, it crowded out a large number of artists that were advertising higher quality art, even a notable number of them that were offering surprisingly high quality pieces for only moderate prices. As a result, the huge numbers of super-cheap threads blocked exposure for very impressive potential offerings, and actually drug the section's appeal down by a big measure.

The $5 minimum price requirement was implemented as a measure to cut it down. And as minimal as the $5 bar was, it did quite a bit to reduce the crowding, and got far more threads the exposure they were looking for. So at present, there are not plans to remove that limit.

Some rules are in the process of being revised, but that will be announced when it goes into effect.

But just like on the main site, the rules as they are are clearly posted. The top of the section does state very clearly that $5 is the minimum price, so if that rule is ignored an infraction is issued. The stickies contain the rest of the information as well. We understand that breaks them up a bit, that is one of the things which is being revised. But even as the rules are now, it still falls on the users to read what is posted at the top of a section before rushing in to post. And as an assurance, at the very least, the procedure of issuing a warning for such a rule violation is something I implemented as a reduction in offense results. The old penalty was a temporary bar from the section, and I felt that went a bit too far.

If you are unwilling or unable to alter your prices for your standard material to fit the section's requirements, perhaps consider a special offer or the like. Something different from your standard stuff, meant to fit the needs and stand out from your usual material.