• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wait... isn't this rape?

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
So there's this image I saw on a FB fur community, and like many of the fur communities on social media they don't credit the artist. So I had to upload this to Imgur...

In any case, here's the image.

In all the comments I've seen for this image, people seem to agree with what's going on in the image. Some have said they've done the same thing. "I had to drag my significant other into the bedroom to have sex."

Uh.... isn't that rape?

If the other person in your relationship says "no, I don't want to have sex right now." Shouldn't you respect that? Shouldn't you just not have sex? Shouldn't you have consent to have sex?
If you decide to ignore the "No" and throw them over your shoulder, isn't that violating their rights? Doesn't sex require both parties to say "yes"?

Sigh. Furries.....

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
No. It's a safe image. Nothing is showing.

I'd like to keep my rape fantasies in my head only.
I'm okay with rape fantasies as long as people aren't actually raping.
Same thing with rape play in a consenting relationship... as long as both parties are okay with it, they can do whatever they want, including pretending to be raped, if it gets them off.

I think thec context needs to be understood before calling it rape
Good point. I'm just going by what I see in the actual image. It would help to know who the artist is, there "may" be other comics. But, going by JUST the image, I see a woman saying "no" and the guy ignores it. He needs to respect that no, otherwise it's assault.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
I think that'd just what we call humor.

Could the comic be contrued as a rape positive comic? Sure.

Could it also be construed as a silly and aggravating relationship between two people? Yeah.

I think it was more for the "fuck you" punch line than anything. The humor is edgy but I dont think it had dark intentions or any intentional message. If anything its making fun of the he-man "I WANT WOMAN". Not everything has to be politically correct. Sometimes a silly comic is just that. A silly comic.

Also its obvious the two are in a relationship. If it was really rape there would be a helluva lot more than "fuck you". She's obviously irate and not amused--but Im not getting any rapey vibes in all honestly.

Last edited:

Volkodav

Dad****er
Good point. I'm just going by what I see in the actual image. It would help to know who the artist is, there "may" be other comics. But, going by JUST the image, I see a woman saying "no" and the guy ignores it. He needs to respect that no, otherwise it's assault.

tats not what i mean
i mean contet. we dont know their relationship

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Also its obvious the two are in a relationship. If it was really rape there would be a helluva lot more than "fuck you". She's obviously irate and not amused--but Im not getting any rapey vibes in all honestly.

This.

Although, I would love to see an alternate version where she rips his balls off. It fuels my castration fetish.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
Really its up to the artist to give context into the story of the comic. This comes off as merely humorous.

If you honestly want a heavy, dark comic that's about the issue of rape, http://d3andegoself.blogspot.com/2010/09/clarissa-by-jason-yungbluth.html?m=1

Its not for the weak of heart. In fact it makes one slightly ill. It's obvious whats going on. And theres a lot of psychology sad-but-true elements to the comic.

Last edited:

DevilishlyHandsome49

The Most Handsome Devil

GamingGal

I think it all depends on context, and this context looks fine to me. Couples generally know when "no" is firm or just being said for the hell of it/fun of it. I've told my partner no before and she's told me no before, but each time we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and it wasn't rapey at all.

FireFeathers

Mr. Red Flag
I think she meant for it as a funny joke, but it's not really funny and it's all just kinda awkward. It doesn't make me uncomfortable like the above comic does, but it does make me sorta scrunch my face and shake my head a little. Hits me right as "Eggh" and not "AHHH"

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
Jesus christ, this is disturbing...

All of the family characters represent real facets of psychological occurrences in these scenarios. We have the nuerotic mom who showers the daughter with gifts and drinks and pops pills to cover up the guilt. We have the angry brother who blames the daughter--as if its her fault their family is a wreck. Its her fault that she has the attractions of the father. And then the nervous brother who is just a wreck. Scared. Disturbed. And of course the father. Master manipulator. He emotionally guilts the family as if he's not responsible for his own actions. Pits them against the daughter. Ostracizes her so that the family will not defend her.

Disturbing. But well researched and portrayed. This is a real thing. The obliviousness of the teacher. The victim blaming complexes within the family. Substance abuse. Emotional abuse. It doesnt cover all the bases, but it sure does cover a lot.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Really its up to the artist to give context into the story of the comic. This comes off as merely humorous.

If you honestly want a heavy, dark comic that's about the issue of rape, http://d3andegoself.blogspot.com/2010/09/clarissa-by-jason-yungbluth.html?m=1

Its not for the weak of heart. In fact it makes one slightly ill. It's obvious whats going on. And theres a lot of psychology sad-but-true elements to the comic.

Holy fuck that was really dark.. I'm not sure if I want to thank you for sharing that. But in a way I'm glad stuff like this is out there so people are aware of issues like it.

Luki

...these are hauntingly accurate. Thank you for sharing.

jtrekkie

Feathered
Angering.

Anyway a healthy relationship needs respect. The first comic is funny, but no. Don't do that crap.

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!
I did that stuff with my girlfriend all the time and vice versa. A couple knows when a "no" is firm and when that "no" can be contested. Just good ol humor almost any average couple can relate to.

besides, she wanted it :V

The comic with the girl made me chuckle a little. I like the stuffed animals jumping out the window part...shows how often this kinda thing happens, very interesting. I didn't find it disturbing at all but then again, I'm used to seeing this kinda thing anyway, more or less its very common.

EDIT: just finished reading the whole thing and yep....I've seen people in my family that's been through this kinda thing. No wonder it seemed so familiar. Sucks for the family in general but I did like the comic. It was cute and good for the artist to do stories about things people want to pretend don't happen today.

Last edited:

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all

I feel bad for the girl. Where do you get these things anyway?