• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wait... isn't this rape?

GamingGal

People will see anything in anything, all they need is an excuse. People will see the Virgin Mary in toast, Abe Lincoln in tree bark, and rape in a comic about a couple without any prior information about anything.
Folks just like to stir up conflict over everything.

^^
This.

People are getting their fur in a wad over nothing. You can choose to see rape in the comic, but from the general vibe of it, it's not rape in the slightest.

Esper Husky

I mean. I guess you could spin it either way. Appears to be lacking context. Initial assumption would be that it is -meant- to be playful or humorous. I don't think it is, but. I also wouldn't jump on the "this is rape" bandwagon. I just as well can't easily deny or argue the opposite. Actually, it's a pretty empty comic, too. Near pointless without surrounding "something" to it, I suppose. But either way -- can see what you / others mean, can also not see enough to argue or justify a direction at all. Who are these people, anyway...

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Well, and I'll admit it touched a particular nerve with me because I've had some friends and S.O.'s laugh at me in the past when I was legitimately angry about something, or was telling them not to do something that upset me. That sort of thing really pisses me off, because someone who supposedly cares about me is communicating in so ways that they think my feelings and preferences are dumb.

So, that's where I'm coming from in all this.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Well, and I'll admit it touched a particular nerve with me because I've had some friends and S.O.'s laugh at me in the past when I was legitimately angry about something, or was telling them not to do something that upset me. That sort of thing really pisses me off, because someone who supposedly cares about me is communicating in so ways that they think my feelings and preferences are dumb.

So, that's where I'm coming from in all this.

:c Wow Troj, that's really dickish...I've always said people being rude to you is like killing a unicorn, a great taboo.

This comic just kinda drips with creepy for me. It's got a "i want sex so I should get it" kinda vibe, plus it seems the joke is "those prudish women ammirite?" I really don't see what's so funny about it besides the exaggerated facial expressions.

(Not a lot of furries draw funny comics though anyway. Nobody gets creative anymore)

nightwolf1974

this is what gives the fandom a bad name..........sex in a animal suit, ok........vixens with huge boobs, ok............but now it's fueling the stero-type gets noticed , demonized, and criticized.

Yago

Ambered Amaranth
:c Wow Troj, that's really dickish...I've always said people being rude to you is like killing a unicorn, a great taboo.

This comic just kinda drips with creepy for me. It's got a "i want sex so I should get it" kinda vibe, plus it seems the joke is "those prudish women ammirite?" I really don't see what's so funny about it besides the exaggerated facial expressions.

(Not a lot of furries draw funny comics though anyway. Nobody gets creative anymore)

The humor in the comic seems to be aimed at people who have relationships like the one depicted there. Some sort of 'Yeah, I can relate to that.'

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
The humor in the comic seems to be aimed at people who have relationships like the one depicted there. Some sort of 'Yeah, I can relate to that.'

See, that sorta thing would invoke a charming smile near the end (to imply consent and bemusement) Not a pissed off face.

Learn to emotion, furry artists :V

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
I would like to note that while I assume that the intent of this comic was to be playful and non-serious, and I figured as much, still, if someone SERIOUSLY says no, you should always respect it. I don't know the dynamic of this relationship and perhaps her "no" wasn't a serious no, but it's still a bit concerning if he doesn't respect that.

My bigger issue would be in some case some of the comments I've seen to this comic, though. People who do take it way too seriously. People who may not understand the difference between a playful "no", or some sort of relationship with safe words, to saying "if I want sex I'm getting sex even if she says no"...
Some people may see this and think "well if she says no I just have to force the issue and she'll say yes" and do that in instances where the other person seriously means "no", just pushing the issue over and over again until she says yes, and that's not okay.

That seems to be what the people who post this are driving at.

The question is, how many of those people relate because they were like "I wanted to do this girl but she said no, but I kept pressing her until she said yes because dammit I get what I want."

Last edited:

Red_Lion _

Eeehhh I think the artist could have done this better but I wouldn't cry rape in this case. It's a comic meant to be a joke so I personally would leave it at that. Furthermore I don't think enough is given about the characters and their relationship to make this comic worth giving a deep and thorough analysis. But previous posters have a point. The comic could have benefited from another panel or two with a more consensual ending from the girl and ending on the angry "Fuck you" might have delivered a joke (which I get the impression was the whole purpose of the strip from the get go) but it does leave the reader feeling like she's being badgered or coerced into sex and she's definitely not happy about it.

Now in a real life scenario I think it's understood that "no" means "no" and if someone says they don't want sex you drop the subject and leave them be. Badgering your SO into having sex with you is not cool, if you have to drag them to the bedroom and pester them into sleeping with you then you're doin' it wrong ;P. I also don't understand how anyone can still be up for some nookie if they do get a solid "no" and more persistent refusals. The comic is pretty far removed from how a real life scenario would likely play out and I believe most people wouldn't see this and think "yeah, if I pester my bf/gf long enough they'll cave! This is a great plan!"

Red Lion's final verdict: This comic is dumb, sort of tactless and it hinges on a pretty stale punchline but it's not worth blowing the rape whistle over.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
if you have to drag them to the bedroom and pester them into sleeping with you then you're doin' it wrong ;P. I also don't understand how anyone can still be up for some nookie if they do get a solid "no" and more persistent refusals. The comic is pretty far removed from how a real life scenario would likely play out and I believe most people wouldn't see this and think "yeah, if I pester my bf/gf long enough they'll cave! This is a great plan!"

If the only way you can get sex from your SO is by harassing them or dragging them.... then there's more serious issues in your relationship than just your lack of sex life and you should probably sit down with them and figure out where you're going from there.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Keep in mind this is just what I took from the OP comic. But to me, it looked like the guy meant well and was trying to be playful and hoped the girl would soften up. I imagine that in further panels, he would lay her down and start kissing her more intimately, and she would yell something like "I'm not fucking playing games here! Just leave me alone!" And the guy would be like "Sheesh, I was just havin' fun... fine, get back to your work....". And they would both be a bit pissed off for a while, but when they'd come down and everything had settled, they'd both apologise, and possible have 100% consensual make-up sex.

I could be wrong though. It just seems like the guy was trying to be playful at the wrong time.

I could be wrong though.