• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Want a 3D model of your char? - I need a volunteer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashnar

I've since returned back to 3D character modeling, a much more valuable skill to me than simply sketching random figures and scenes. - Oh, the drawing skills I've since picked up will be useful for doing any reference sketches. But my real skill is in 3D.

You will find an old render of Alexi from DMFA in my FA gallery.. That model was created two years ago as a rough learning project at the time. That was the half finished test version. Heh, I've improved alot and done many others since then.

Anyhow, I'm looking for my next subject, If you've got some nice refs pics of your char, send me a note and we'll get started. The result is a full detail, high quality, poseable figure - What'ver you want to see.
This process will most likely take months to complete, due to the planned detail and the fact that I only do this in my spare time.​

There is no cost, or trade requiremet . I'm just looking for your permission to model your character for more practice. The only thing I need from you is a few clearly drawn ref sheets, including some closeup details of things like markings, features, etc. Clothing will be changeable with full cloth simulation and full facial animation if you can also send me a few example expressions. Send me a photo with a light probe and I'll even photoshop the render into he scene with photometric correct lighting. (details to be discussed)

I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to pick, as I can only select one to work on. It's most likely going to be the first one that looks interesting since its quite an long and involved process to complete.

Damian

Raven the Blue Jay/Grey Wolf

Ashnar

The wings... I've done a few wings but I think they're still a bit outside of my skill set. I've tried with Dan from DMFA but I just can't get the rigging to work right.. /Sigh

I would love the challenge, but I do need many reference drawings for such a detailed character to get it to looks just right. perhaps in the near future I could do a model like her.

Damian

sure ^^ well, I'm getting some art made of her now

Faustus

The wings... I've done a few wings but I think they're still a bit outside of my skill set. I've tried with Dan from DMFA but I just can't get the rigging to work right.. /Sigh
Have you got a fur animation system that allows for wide, flat UV mapped fibres rather than single point poly chains? If so, you can get a credible wing effect by mapping a single feather texture onto them. I could give you better details on how to do this if you're using Lightwave 9.6.

-F

Damian

Can you do Damian then?

Damian__Art_Shop_by_puzzncl0ve.png

DamianKopie.png

Peace__by_TigerDreaming.png

Ashnar

@ Faustus I'm working in 3D Max 2008 - A student version I picked up back in college. I'll look into that idea, Sounds like a much better route to take. I'll dig up that old model and give the wings another go.

@ Jerrymojo2 Thanks for the request, I've recieved an PM earlier for one that I'm going to work on.

@ ALL - The one I've picked up should be quick since I've already got a few completed with similar looks. Feel free to continue to post requests. I should be ready to pick another in a about a week.

Lobo Roo

turtles natures suction cups
I'll throw myself in the running if you do decide to pick another later on. :)
All of my references are in my signature - I think that Lobo as a kangaroo will have the most detailed reference, and if that reference isn't good, I have another I can dig up.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
what about me? my ref is in my sig

Status
Not open for further replies.