• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Want Help for Fursona Design

VioletFur

Laughing Hyena
Maybe make her tail & top hair colors different than the rest of her body? Or add some design to her shirt? Personally, I think it's fine the way it is..

SlyRiolu

A-veri Rood Roo
I think I have an idea for a pattern. Her tail is huge so it just seams wrong to me to just leave it plain.

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
Honestly i much prefer "Plain" or "Boring" designs over overcomplicated ones.
In some ways a very simple character design can be better, if your character is fleshed out and interesting as a character they don't need flashy markings or a 100% never seen before unique look to be memorable and likeable.

My fursona, for example, has no markings and only 1 fur color. But still he is unique because of his concept, not because of fur patterns.

I am not saying that you shouldnt change a plain design but dont feel like you have to do it. Or that there are any rules or guidelines you should follow to making a character. It is up to you only and you shouldnt let whats popular or what other people do as a guide. Just go with what you like best.

Your character is a kangaroo, right? Kangaroos don't seem to have much in the way of markings so I think it would be a little weird if you put a ton of spots or stripes on her.
Maybe try gradient colors. For example making a soft transition between colors instead of markings that stand out.
It can make a character look less plain while still being subtle and not too flashy.
Looking at pictures of kangaroos, a lot of them have a dark tail tip. Maybe try something like that?

SlyRiolu

A-veri Rood Roo
Oh thank you for telling me that. I do like plain just not that plain that's why Averi is only two colors and since her tail is a huge part of her body (as said in the last post) it just feels wrong to me to leave it be. I'll just compare and contrast once I make the marking.

SlyRiolu

A-veri Rood Roo
I think a tail pattern like this fits her best.
hand-painted-kangaroo-design_1152-91.jpg

fralea

I like her as is but I think the lighter underside could look good as well. How simple or complex is really up to your personal preference and what feels right to you. Maybe you could try some different designs on a f2u base to see different ideas in a more concrete way