• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Warframe News and Info

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
The Vallis is the Crysis of Warframe for Unum knows. Have you tried the new gas city yet?
That I have! Barring, like, two rooms (one of them being the "What the fuck" huge one with generators spamming effects out the bum), it tends not to mess with my laptop too much, and... while I'm not a fan of some of the room designs (or the new overall Corpus aesthetic, at least compared to the old), it is none the less amazing to run through and observe.

Main thing I've been doing for now is grinding out for the latest Nightwave ("Ahaha, this week's objectives suck") and decorations to get my Dojo in tip-top shape for its new (NPC) inhabitants.

That I have! Barring, like, two rooms (one of them being the "What the fuck" huge one with generators spamming effects out the bum), it tends not to mess with my laptop too much, and... while I'm not a fan of some of the room designs (or the new overall Corpus aesthetic, at least compared to the old), it is none the less amazing to run through and observe.

Main thing I've been doing for now is grinding out for the latest Nightwave ("Ahaha, this week's objectives suck") and decorations to get my Dojo in tip-top shape for its new (NPC) inhabitants.
The only one I don't have done is the Profit Taker. It's going to be my first. I could possibly help if you'll be on around 11:30pm central. That's pretty much the only time I'm on...

Attaman

The only one I don't have done is the Profit Taker. It's going to be my first. I could possibly help if you'll be on around 11:30pm central. That's pretty much the only time I'm on...
I can be on late at night, but usually only later in the week since my work week is Sun through Wed and... well, ten hour work days and being out the door by 5:30am do not make to combine with "Up at midnight playing Warframe".

IIRC, Profit Taker is the first one that was released? My main suggestions there if you've never done them (but have them unlocked) are to try to combine as many Elements and Elemental Combinations as you can on your Primary, Secondary, and Archgun. This is because the Profit Taker's shield alternates every so often between one of the non-Void Elements (IPS, the four generic elements, and the six combinations), so having some representation between all the above (or as close as you can, while still putting out boss- / sortie-level damage) keeps you from being forced to sit out stages of the fight. For example, have one weapon that focuses on the IPS and 1-2 (Combo) Elements, have another that focuses on another 1-3 (Combo) Element(s), and then fit whatever you're most comfortable with on the last gun for good measure. You can theoretically get by with only 4-5 total Elements in your arsenal, but it means you'll be spending about half the fight taking care of mooks instead of fighting the boss itself. ... On which note, take somebody who can either avoid or soak a hit or three, because more likely than not a group of Pubs will not fight the mooks swarming around their feet (And if Plague Star was bad enough with swarms of underlings getting under your and the boss' feet, imagine them doing ranged damage like Orb Vallis Corpus).

So we have new Warframes inbound!

Grendel and Gauss were announced at Tennocon, and will hopefully be coming to the game soon.

Warframe-Gauss-New.jpg

Gauss is all about Speed. Unlike Volt who has speed, and a defense/buff ability, Gauss focuses on raw speed and some damage abilities. If Volt is Iida from My Hero Academia, Gauss is The Flash from the DC universe.

www.google.com: Here are the abilities for the new Warframe, Gauss

His first ability is a blink with ramming damage. This combines with his second ability which gives protection against Physical, Cold, and Heat Damage while cutting the hell out of anything you Ram and using it's own resource pool to fuel your energy.

His 3rd ability is a simple room clear ability which can be fore as cold or heat damage, and if both are stacked causes explosive procs for some nice crowd control. Because Vauban needed to be more irrelevant...(ignore the salty Vauban main behind the keyboard)

His 4 ability is Redline, which gives a massive speed and reload/attack speed bonus. For when you need to...
Though I don't see any indication that this buff extends to your team mates, which could help differentiate Gauss from Volt. Definitely not as good for Eidolons.

Grendel has yet to have much information released, but the Chonky boy looks like he probably has some strong offensive and tank capabilities based on his presentation.
11xd9wndlp831.jpg

Attaman

Honestly, while a lot of the new Warframes' powers have been fairly interesting (Not all, regrettably, but a fair enough amount), I feel like the visual aesthetics have been on the decline since approximately 2014-2015ish (Again, with some exceptions). Which is odd because the thing about the original aesthetics that worked so well was that almost all the Warframes were based vaguely off animals (Excalibur and Nyx were beetles, Frost and Trinity crustaceans, Ember either a chicken or a phoenix, Volt a goat, Ash a scorpion, Banshee a bat, Loki's arguably a shark, etcetera) and that's a pretty broad category... that hasn't particularly been touched on since then.

It helped to provide a sort of alien-ness to the Warframes, as well as made the few exceptions stand out. Particularly when one looked at the exceptions' powers: Nekros was, essentially, Death. Vauban was utterly devoid of direct powers, with everything instead relating to Void-harnessing gear / contraptions. Mag was literal void energies, trapped in a bottle.

It's something minor to gripe about (extremely minor), but something that keeps itching at the back of my head. For an example of what I mean, Garuda would have been infinitely more interesting (IMO) with no real changes to their powers or aesthetic... if they remained one of only, like, 16-20% of Warframes without subtle animal traits. Because at this point the Bathory analogies make even more sense: Why does she seem almost human in her design? Because she fucking swims in blood to maintain the look / physiology. Likewise Nidus would have been all the more creepy because he looks distressingly close to human... until his infestation has begun to blossom / spread (at which point he grows increasingly wrong, and you're reminded that Technocyte does not do the whole "Mostly human" thing).

Attaman

Heads up that Warframe on the PC updated relatively recently (Mostly with cosmetics and quality-of-life changes / bug-fixes), but that also the Switch version will be having its "Rebuild a Relay" event begin starting next Wednesday and it will run IIRC for about 2-2.5 weeks. I bring this up as if you either have the Switch version or plan on playing it, that's about enough time to make sure your Archwing stuff is done and that you're prepared to run the event / can set aside a weekend or two to meet its requirements.

Last edited:
C

CrookedCroc

There's a summer event going on, Kela invites you to a water fight against her executioners, you can't use your weapons or abilities, you can only use super soakers.

The event has 4 stages and they reward you pearls that can be used in Cetus to buy beach ball floofs, a new pallet, emblems and a new captura scene.

Exploit time:
(Might be patched out by the time you're reading this)
If you play solo, pause the game and let the timer run out you'll still complete the mission and earn pearls, in the stage 4 you get 50 pearls

There's a summer event going on, Kela invites you to a water fight against her executioners, you can't use your weapons or abilities, you can only use super soakers.

The event has 4 stages and they reward you pearls that can be used in Cetus to buy beach ball floofs, a new pallet, emblems and a new captura scene.

Exploit time:
(Might be patched out by the time you're reading this)
If you play solo, pause the game and let the timer run out you'll still complete the mission and earn pearls, in the stage 4 you get 50 pearls
My Overwatch Snowball fight skills are carrying over...

Attaman

Trying to get my reclaimed silver grove spectors goal, and the plants refuse to spawn. :rolleyes::mad:
Which ones are you looking for? The Earth ones are the worst, but if you make sure to pull your Synthesis Scanner out with every room you'll eventually catch 'em all.

The Lunar Pitchers are bugged, in that on some runs literally none will spawn. Otherwise they tend to be fairly prolific: The best one you're going to want to look for is the Lua room that is often used for Sanctuary Onslaught (the one with water fountains and plants and such, multi-layer) since it's chock full of them. For the Frosleaf, look for both the large and small rooms that're divided by a ravine running through its center. For the moss, the best rooms that always spawn it are the circular Grineer dead end-pieces with broken lockers and chests and whatnot (there's always some Moss growing to the right as you enter, though it's by far the worst with TMK only 1-2 rooms in the entire tileset having more than one spawn). Ruk's Claw grows everywhere, so I don't think that one should be an issue.

Which ones are you looking for? The Earth ones are the worst, but if you make sure to pull your Synthesis Scanner out with every room you'll eventually catch 'em all.

The Lunar Pitchers are bugged, in that on some runs literally none will spawn. Otherwise they tend to be fairly prolific: The best one you're going to want to look for is the Lua room that is often used for Sanctuary Onslaught (the one with water fountains and plants and such, multi-layer) since it's chock full of them. For the Frosleaf, look for both the large and small rooms that're divided by a ravine running through its center. For the moss, the best rooms that always spawn it are the circular Grineer dead end-pieces with broken lockers and chests and whatnot (there's always some Moss growing to the right as you enter, though it's by far the worst with TMK only 1-2 rooms in the entire tileset having more than one spawn). Ruk's Claw grows everywhere, so I don't think that one should be an issue.
It's mainly the lunar pitcher and moonlight dragonlily.

Attaman

It's mainly the lunar pitcher and moonlight dragonlily.
Moonlight's both easy and a pain in the rump: Easy in that, if you know where to look for them (after running a handful of missions scouring the maps, you'll probably have their locations memorized), they're fairly common. A pain in the rump in that they're only spawning half the time, and if you can't be on during those times "Oh well".

Lunar Pitcher, barring rooms like the one I mentioned? Best advice I can give is "Where are places on the map you would normally never go? They'll be hiding there." Because they literally are like that: They'll be hidden at the top of cliffs that otherwise hold nothing, behind corners that are dead ends, etcetera. You can find them occasionally in planters or gardens (like aforementioned water room), but otherwise good luck finding them along the path.

Moonlight's both easy and a pain in the rump: Easy in that, if you know where to look for them (after running a handful of missions scouring the maps, you'll probably have their locations memorized), they're fairly common. A pain in the rump in that they're only spawning half the time, and if you can't be on during those times "Oh well".

Lunar Pitcher, barring rooms like the one I mentioned? Best advice I can give is "Where are places on the map you would normally never go? They'll be hiding there." Because they literally are like that: They'll be hidden at the top of cliffs that otherwise hold nothing, behind corners that are dead ends, etcetera. You can find them occasionally in planters or gardens (like aforementioned water room), but otherwise good luck finding them along the path.
It's less finding them and more RNG is doing me a concern.

Attaman

I'm a slight bit further off (I should be at approximately 24-25 by this week's end), but I'm fairly confident I'll hit Rank 30 this time. The fact that Wolf of Saturn VI both didn't bank anything and was a bit less forgiving towards taking hiatus' (I generally have played on PC about 1-3 days a week the last couple months: For Wolf I had about a month and a half break at one point) meant I tapped out a fair bit below where I would have liked.

I'm a slight bit further off (I should be at approximately 24-25 by this week's end), but I'm fairly confident I'll hit Rank 30 this time. The fact that Wolf of Saturn VI both didn't bank anything and was a bit less forgiving towards taking hiatus' (I generally have played on PC about 1-3 days a week the last couple months: For Wolf I had about a month and a half break at one point) meant I tapped out a fair bit below where I would have liked.
I got my Umbra forma last night. :cool:

...now what the fuck do I install this in...

Attaman

I got my Umbra forma last night. :cool:

...now what the fuck do I install this in...
I'd suggest a Warframe, personally: With only two Umbral mods for weapons at the moment, you're almost guaranteed to be able to have enough space without an Umbral Forma... so long as you use a Catalyst and / or some Forma. Warframes, however, really have trouble fitting all three (even without upgrading them heavily). Any that relies heavily on Armor and Health (Valkyr, Nidus, Inaros) or Power Strength (Banshee, Harrow) is a good suggestion (list far from complete).

I'd suggest a Warframe, personally: With only two Umbral mods for weapons at the moment, you're almost guaranteed to be able to have enough space without an Umbral Forma... so long as you use a Catalyst and / or some Forma. Warframes, however, really have trouble fitting all three (even without upgrading them heavily). Any that relies heavily on Armor and Health (Valkyr, Nidus, Inaros) or Power Strength (Banshee, Harrow) is a good suggestion (list far from complete).
I suffer from being spoiled for choice. Especially with how Vauban Prime is still my favorite boy, but is objectively bad.

Attaman

Note that Warframe is expecting to get a moderately big PC update later this week, including Infested Dojo Decorations, a new Warframe (Gauss), expanded Disruption, and a couple other things. Being DE, this could be anywhere between "Thursday" and "Next Tuesday", but it should still be in the immediate future.

Attaman

Gauss is out, and as a note there's a Weekend Alert that's currently live (until Sunday afternoon, IIRC).

Z

ZeroVoidTime

I completed Stolen Dreams Quest today and I am thankful I got Ivara infiltrate mod to complete the third spy mission. Besides that I dislike the current Night wave event do to the Zealots showing up and killing me during grinding sessions hopefully this feature is fixed in the future.

I completed Stolen Dreams Quest today and I am thankful I got Ivara infiltrate mod to complete the third spy mission. Besides that I dislike the current Night wave event do to the Zealots showing up and killing me during grinding sessions hopefully this feature is fixed in the future.
I've hit the point I mop the floor with nightwave mobs.

Attaman

On one hand, the Convicts were much more forgiving in the previous Nightwave than the current Zealots: While they hit arguably as hard, they were also much more fragile and did so predominantly with the much less dangerous Fire element.

On the other, haha the Wolf was absolutely broken and the current Zealots - bad as they are - are at least ostensibly kill-able with non-cheesed newbie solo-player builds (conversely, I remember one Relic hunt wherein I pumped at least a solid 60-70 Potato-Forma'd Vectis Prime shots directly into his head and he didn't go down).

But yeah, DE probably should do something about the sheer ratio of Nightwave objectives that are literally impossible to complete without having reached at least Second Dream / War Within. The compare-contrast between my closed-beta PC account (which can often blow through any of the non-timelocked Nightwave weekly objectives in... well, 1-2 days) and my fresh-start console one (which is often lucky if it can complete half of a week's objectives, including some of the Dailies) is a bit brutal when it's replacing an Alert system that was... relatively allowing, of the "Higher-MR Player Taxi Service" technique (conversely a lot of the current Nightwave objectives literally will not let you Taxi because they're quest- or syndicate-locked: Can't invite people to Ropalyst, Profit-Taker, 30-min Kuva Survival, Kuva Siphons / Floods, Halls of Ascension, etc).

It's still possible (at MR5 and 37 days of playing on the console, without a support network, and also dumping time into Dog Days, I'm still at Nightwave Rank 15), but part of that is having foreknowledge from PC (Start with Volt to trivialize Plains of Eidolon fishing; Skip the Cetus mining gun and skip straight to the Fortuna one; Get a Tranq gun ASAP for Plains reputation; Use starting Plat on a Warframe and x4 weapon slots; Use Nightwave Creds for Energy Siphon / Corrosive Projection / Steel Charge then Nitain and Potatoes; Always take Tellurium from starting Daily Log Ins; Run for those T2 and T3 Nightmare Mods; Buy Sol Widget for Synthesis Scanner ASAP; Plow through Stolen Dreams ASAP so you can pawn Ayatans and pass the Endo bottleneck; get Carrier ASAP; Don't sell the Flawed Equilibrium because the non-Flawed one is rare as fuck; Replace Mk1 and Skana with Hek and Dual Zoren) and luck (Dog Days meant I could get Medi-Ray within my first 1-2 weeks, and a non-consumable Health Restore is huge; Literally my first infested mission had High Noon drop) and I can only imagine what the casual experience would be like for a couple "Hey, let's all start playing WF together" persons with no real foreknowledge.

Also, forewarning @ZeroVoidTime : Do the weekly Ayatan runs whenever possible, and try to have at least three Ayatans always unfilled in your inventory. Sometimes "Fill three Ayatans" is a Nightwave objective, and it's infinitely easier to have them already on-hand than trying to hunt them in missions. Also Ayatan runs are a quick access point to the Void, and Void missions drop mods from containers (with missions base level 20+ having a chance of dropping the extremely important Multishot and Efficiency mods). Also as a forewarning, there will eventually come a point wherein Redirection and Vitality only help so much with your endurance: Eventually you're going to want a frame that can make itself invisible (such as aforementioned Ivara, Loki, or Ash), make itself either invulnerable or effectively so (Rhino, Nezha, and Valkyr all immediately spring to mind), or has some way to deflect incoming fire (Frost, Volt, and Zephyr all say hello here). This is because you will see shit like bleed procs doing 100+ damage a tick, Nightmare enemies doing almost as much damage per bullet on an automatic hit-scan weapon, or so-on.