• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Warframe News and Info

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Also, forewarning @ZeroVoidTime : Do the weekly Ayatan runs whenever possible, and try to have at least three Ayatans always unfilled in your inventory. Sometimes "Fill three Ayatans" is a Nightwave objective, and it's infinitely easier to have them already on-hand than trying to hunt them in missions. Also Ayatan runs are a quick access point to the Void, and Void missions drop mods from containers (with missions base level 20+ having a chance of dropping the extremely important Multishot and Efficiency mods). Also as a forewarning, there will eventually come a point wherein Redirection and Vitality only help so much with your endurance: Eventually you're going to want a frame that can make itself invisible (such as aforementioned Ivara, Loki, or Ash), make itself either invulnerable or effectively so (Rhino, Nezha, and Valkyr all immediately spring to mind), or has some way to deflect incoming fire (Frost, Volt, and Zephyr all say hello here). This is because you will see shit like bleed procs doing 100+ damage a tick, Nightmare enemies doing almost as much damage per bullet on an automatic hit-scan weapon, or so-on.
The main reason why I want to complete The New Strange quest line is to gain access to the Onslaught Sanctuary to grind ranks more easily. Besides that thank you for the advice on what frames to use and warnings on what mods will become less useful later on.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Note that this week's Nightwave objectives are relatively simple ones: The Silver Grove and Clem ones are probably the hardest (and the latter only if you play Solo and have no way to reliably protect / heal Clem), with much of the others being trivial if you start looking into them now. Stuff like "Plains of Eidolon Missions", "10 nightmare Missions", etcetera. I bring it up as, alongside the whole "Each Invasion you do unlocks a Derelict that can be run for 1,500 Nightwave reputation", it's a good time for people to catch up if they were lagging behind as it teeters towards its end.

Attaman

A couple Warframe notes: The current Nightwave is going to end in approximately two weeks and two days, so if you are looking to get anything from it you have another 2.3 Cycles to farm Reputation.

Second: Atlas Prime and Deth Cube Prime were announced for the next Prime Access. Most probably either Mirage Prime or Zephyr Prime will be the Vaulted Warframe.

Lastly: Episode 5 of Nightwave is out, and there's a weapon you can farm for it.

Attaman

Been a couple of years, so as to drop most of the Warframe developments:
1) We have our third Open World area: Deimos. Unsurprisingly, it's infested themed (so as to have Grineer, Corpus, and Infested all represented), meaning if there's a fourth it'll probably be either Orokin or Sentient themed.

Now, Deimos is an utter pain to run casually (grind on top of grind on top of grind), but some of its aspects have been refined (particularly acquiring wildlife tags) and you can still get to Rank 4 / 5 in the main Deimos Syndicate relatively easily.

2) Railjack has seen some expansion, including finally introducing the Command Intrinsic (along with NPCs to hire for it at Fortuna via Ticker) and making the grind less of a slog. Corpus missions vaguely defeat the point of Railjack (since they're predominantly "Run a regular mission, but with 5-10 minutes of Railjack beforehand"), but are still passable.

Overall Railjack has become infinitely more accessible to new players due to reduced costs, increased drops, better level scaling, easier solo play, etcetera.

3) A ton of new Warframes.

4) Dog Days of Summer is back yet again. If you want a cheap Medi-Ray, look no further.

5) A bit more time-locked, DE is selling a Pride color palette for Pride Month. Usual Holiday / Event palette fare of "Sold for limited time, costs only 1 credit, remains in inventory after sale ends".

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I feel like I should have spoken in this thread a long time ago, as despite being on hiatus from this game for a long time, I'd been playing it long enough to have an Excalibur Prime (got it like the second-to-last day it was available - I actually started using it again despite it being basically a glorified museum piece compared to a lot of current Frames. I tend to main Nova Prime, although I've taken a liking to Harrow). I've actually been playing a LOT of catch-up with the game. Especially with the Nightwave stuff (for those unfamiliar, that's daily/weekly alert stuff).

It's eerie how they seem to have JUST the ideal Nightwave when I need it as of late. Ran out of credits updating some of my weaker mods? Nightwave reliant on the Index (for which I must confess I got a credit booster and milked it to get about 25 million - should hold me over for a little bit). Whining about Apothics and several key aura mods I still never got? Nightwave involving the Silver Grove (and I thought to get the Botanist mod yesterday too).

I REALLY need to get caught up on Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis. I still don't have all the amp/Zaw/Kitgun parts mastered (and I have a LOT of things mastered - I was rank 23 when I stopped and just catching up on my existing gear leveling backlog, aside from Archwings and their weapons, got me just into rank 25).

....oh yes, I also got my first Kuva weapon recently. Those weapons.... come from one of the more tedious parts of the game - having to grind high-level Grineer missions in some bad nodes and then use a special kind of relic to get the necessary keywords to finish off a special boss. I went with a Toxin-based Brakk and my second weapons going to be a Heat-based Bramma.

....I hear they're going to put in a Corpus variant of that soon?

Oh, and Dog Days of Summer is one of the more hilarious tactical alerts.

Last edited:

Attaman

I feel like I should have spoken in this thread a long time ago, as despite being on hiatus from this game for a long time, I'd been playing it long enough to have an Excalibur Prime (got it like the second-to-last day it was available).
Kudos for being a Founder. I've played long enough that I probably should have made that investment, but c'est la vie.

It's eerie how they seem to have JUST the ideal Nightwave when I need it as of late. Ran out of credits updating some of my weaker mods? Nightwave reliant on the Index (for which I must confess I got a credit booster and milked it to get about 25 million - should hold me over for a little bit). Whining about Apothics and several key aura mods I still never got? Nightwave involving the Silver Grove (and I thought to get the Botanist mod yesterday too).
Nightwave tends to be quite nice with tapping off on various resources and whatnot. A little less forgiving than the old Alert system for new players (since there's less taxi-ing available from higher level players), but once somebody's achieved around 7-8 MR it quickly switches to being at least as good (at least, it has with the tweaks made since Nightwave 1.0).
I REALLY need to get caught up on Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis. I still don't have all the amp/Zaw/Kitgun parts mastered (and I have a LOT of things mastered - I was rank 23 when I stopped and just catching up on my existing gear leveling backlog, aside from Archwings and their weapons, got me just into rank 25).
If it's any consolation: I started in February 2013 and I only just hit MR18 something like Friday or Saturday.

There's a lot of grind in Warframe, so don't kick yourself if you tackle it at your own pace. Especially with stuff like Deimos, which is still relatively under-developed and thus easy to burn out on if you try to brute-force everything at once.
....oh yes, I also got my first Kuva weapon recently. Those weapons.... come from one of the more tedious parts of the game - having to grind high-level Grineer missions in some bad nodes and then use a special kind of relic to get the necessary keywords to finish off a special boss. I went with a Toxin-based Brakk and my second weapons going to be a Heat-based Bramma.

....I hear they're going to put in a Corpus variant of that soon?
Very soon, yes. My understanding is it's intended to be out in the next mainline.

... Which, being DE, means it won't be fully implemented until three mainlines from now. But still: Something to look forward to.
Oh, and Dog Days of Summer is one of the more hilarious tactical alerts.
They know their audience well. All they need now is swim trunk / bikini cosmetics and DE will be rolling in more money than they can shake a stick at.

ZeroVoidTime

They know their audience well. All they need now is swim trunk / bikini cosmetics and DE will be rolling in more money than they can shake a stick at.
Hopefully with the Warframe armor without it I can only shudder at the thought of it.

Attaman

Hopefully with the Warframe armor without it I can only shudder at the thought of it.
You are now imagining something like Darth Vader'd Anakin (only with the occasional shimmering gunmetal grey vein) doing the "It's like I'm wearing nothing at all".

Firuthi Dragovic

Game-level update:

For those of you looking to level up a bunch of weapons or get a huge pile of Focus for your Operator, this coming weekend appears to be double affinity.

Update as far as how I'm doing:

I finally muscled up the nerve to hunt Eidolons as much as I can. In just a couple nights I've built up enough Quills Standing so that I can finally, FINALLY gild my Amps and actually get Mastery from them. (I will have to do Orb Vallis for some of the Amps but that can come later.)

Sadly, Eidolons are one of those things where you NEED a specific weapon type to deal with them. You want high-crit snipers for this sort of thing. Many players grab a Rubico Prime for this (its zoom function is bonus critical damage) - I personally use a Vulkar Wraith (zoom function is headshot damage) because I have a Riven for it (+mag capacity, +multishot, +crit damage, -Grineer damage). That, a build focused on crits and raw damage, and Oberon Prime (with Smite Infusion, naturally) combined give me enough power that... well the damage doesn't reach five figures per bullet on the Eidolon, but it gets close enough that I could take on the joints of an Eidolon myself if I had to. (And I had to, once, because in one group the other players ALL brought the Ignis.)

I MAY try to buff up my Vaykor Hek (my basic Hek Riven also fits in it, so I could reroll it to something insane) or my Paris Prime (yep, Riven for this one too, so I'm happy using a bush-league Prime) and see if I can get their damages anywhere close to what I can pull with the Vulkar, just to be cheeky. (I tried a Braton Prime with a Riven and can't realistically scratch the thing, and my non-crit Hek does scratch damage with its Riven.)

A good number of my weapon choices these days amount to "I have a Riven for it". I've been watching for damage types but I'm not interested in chasing flavor-of-the-week gear.

Attaman

There's a couple Warframe / Weapon suggestions for running Eidolons, yeah.

Warframes: Oberon, Volt, Chroma, Harrow, and Rhino all seem to be pretty popular (as well as me being sure I'm missing 2-3 more). Oberon's Smite Infusion (+Radiation), Volt's Electric Shield (+Damage to both Void Beams and general shots on the joints), Chroma for Vex Armor (though this is less of a build than it was pre-Self Damage removal), Harrow's Covenant (To multiply damage even further), and Rhino's a mix of Iron Skin (to not die all the bloody time) and Roar (simple, but a flat damage boost is a flat damage boost).

The last two are why I know I'm missing at least 2-3 more, as generally anything that directly buffs damage and / or crits on allies (versus applying a de-buff to an enemy) is ideal. And while Rhino isn't as big a boost as other candidates, they (and other, similarly tanky Warframes) can be nice to pick people up when they inevitably get dropped when something goes wrong.

Weapons: You've actually pretty much hit it on the nose. You want high damage as fast as possible, and not in the BRRRRRT form of something like a Soma Prime or whatnot but singular heavy hits (some Shotguns qualify, but it's very hit or miss due as even a Tigris Prime tends not to be ideal for Eidolon hunts). I generally use a Vectis Prime, but essentially "Would you use it to hunt Gunships on the top (50-60 level range) bounty level? No? It's not ideal for Eidolon hunts."

Oh yeah, since it wasn't mentioned earlier: For Auras you almost invariably want either Corrosive Projection or Dead Eye. The first stripping down armor (making you do more effective damage against the Eidolons and Vombalysts) and Dead Eye offering more direct damage with the typical weapons of choice. You can get by with a couple alternatives (Energy Siphon's free energy is rarely useless, for example, Growing Power goes well with a couple Warframe builds that use Ability Strength, 1-2 Power Donations can help if you are just running in support / not playing an active role), but if you don't use the same Warframe every time and are running with a public group the first two rarely wind up useless.

... Also, in case anyone needs to hear this: Drop the starting Amp as soon as possible. It's objectively bad and, even without knowing any of the builds, practically anything you come up with will do more damage. It is the Mk1 Lato of Amps, if the Mk1 Lato was the Mk1 Mk1 Lato.

Firuthi Dragovic

The last time I saw Harrow's Covenant on an Eidolon hunt its use was to basically stuff the Magnetic waves every time a joint breaks. You CAN technically just Void Mode out of the damage of those but Void Mode doesn't stop Magnetic procs.

Amps.... I can tragically say that due to gilding I accidentally brought the Mote Amp to an Eidolon hunt once and it was basically useless against the Vomvalysts (making it look like it was my first time even as I noticed there were others for whom it WAS their first time). You can get EVERYTHING else right on Warframes and weapon builds (that aforementioned Vulkar Wraith, buffed with Oberon, can drop a Synovia in a couple shots and I THINK it can take down the final phase in one magazine), but you will be useless if you accidentally bring the base Amp. Even a 1-1-1 (uh, for those not following this, that's all the tier 1s from Quills: Raplak, Pencha, Clapkra. Tiers 1-4 come from Quills and tiers 5-7 come from Fortuna) at least gives you a chance at contributing to an Eidolon fight - though I think the common build is (any)-2-7 or somesuch.

(More on this later, especially when I get back from work and see what Baro is offering this time. I plan to build entire-tier Amps to get a feel for all the Amp abilities but once I've got my mastery from them, I'm going to build two more for actual usage - one for missions, one for Eidolons - and that'll be that. Besides, for at least part of this weekend I'm going to be in Archwing leveling those guns so I don't have to deal with most of them anymore and can just worry about the ones that fit well with a Gravimag or Necramech - which I have seen people use against Eidolons and it's a bit overkill.)

UPDATE: So apparently I got so caught up in playing that I forgot to discuss Baro. I see Primed Tactical Pump and this weapon called a Zylok (I made damn sure to pick up the gun, but didn't get Primed Tactical Pump yet), among a few other things, but I'm more holding out for another month to really focus on Baro.

See, there's this thing called TennoCon, and its digital ticket allows you a week's access to a special relay with ALL of Baro's past offerings. I know for a fact I have two years' worth of offerings to catch up on. (I'm disregarding most of the cosmetic items - I'm more interested in Prime mods, special weapon variants, and the like.) I need to run a LOT of void relics to get enough Ducat items for that - I predict the number of ducats I'll need will be in the early five figures. A lot of that, admittedly from trying to research this, comes from an insane sniper mod that is GODLY on the Vectis series in particular....

UPDATE 2: So I ran the numbers. To get everything I'd seriously consider wanting from Baro's past offerings on the TennoCon digital ticket (this also includes multiples of the Aklex Prime and Akvasto Prime relics), I need a grand total of 26,495 Ducats. We've got, what, 28 days before that thing goes live?

With 15 Ducats per relic in most cases, you're looking at a worst case scenario of 1,767 relics used, or 63 relics a day (realistically more like 74 because I have one day a week where I can't really play much at all). That's easily 4-5 hours a day of nothing but relics. I'd definitely go insane before that happens.

If we get a bit more realistic and about a fifth of my runs result in 45-ducat items (while I have gotten a 100-Ducat item off an Intact relic once, most of my runs are off of Intacts and that was definitely a one-off freak incident), and I get one in 25 that are 100-Ducat pieces.... let's see.... 15 times 76%, 45 times 20%, and 100 times 4%.... if I even have the right equation it averages out to about 24 Ducats a run, which would make it 1,104 relics used, or about 46 relics a day with my issues. Probably still not realistic to catch up 100% off just one year's TennoCon ticket.

And none of this acknowledges the fact that I still haven't built my Paracesis yet, as that requires a thousand Ducats on its own.

I'll sort this out by the things I'd actually use (and I'm actually not taking what cosmetics I wanted out of the equation because they're not the problem here - the mods and weapons are), but otherwise, time to start prioritizing. The faction and ammo-mutation mods are likely the first to get the boot, given my playstyle.

Will run more numbers later to get a final total of how much I need to stress a day over this sort of thing. There are probably a LOT of mods getting backburnered to next year's ticket (or simply to keeping an eye on Baro's rotation).

Last edited:

Attaman

Since you mentioned Baro and TennoCon, don't forget to get Credits too. Some of the items go for a pretty penny of up to 1,000,000 credits per (admittedly that's mostly just Prime Pedestal, but others can go for 300-500,000 so not much cheaper). While a bunch of Credit Booster Index will probably take care of most of that, it's still not fun to save until the last minute.

Also, if you have a bunch of friends who play, it might be worthwhile to ask them if they have any ducat fodder. While not quite as bad as it once was, I remember the days of people swimming in low triple digit quantities of Paris Prime Strings. While most people have burned through their ducat fodder stock already (or have taken to selling it for Plat on the cheap), you probably know at least 1-2 people willing to either donate from their pre-existing stock or who would be willing to run Relics and toss their share of loot your way.

It isn't much, but a hundred Ducats here or there helps with both your sanity and the mathematics of the logistics.

Firuthi Dragovic

Another update on that:

I've actually still got the 25 million credits from the last time I spent a weekend with a booster on the Index. Turns out even getting everything I want (the Primed Chamber mod I see on his list is a million as well - I'm actually pretty much 0% interested in Orbiter decorations aside from the one floof he sells) is only going to run me 14 million credits. The rest will have to do with spending them ranking up mods (it's like 2 million credits per primed mod, and don't even get me started on the endo).

Spending a few hours on that got me a chance to build Zakti Prime, Panthera Prime, and my Paracesis, so there's that. There's five other Primes where I'm missing one item for sure (Dethcube, Atlas, Corinth, Pangolin, and Venka - technically seven but Sybaris and Euphona are vaulted Primes), and only the missing parts of Pangolin and Venka don't rely on rares - and I bring this up because it is making it REALLY hard to sell items for Ducats when I have a huge batch of near-finished Primes lying around.

Which is driving me crazy because the Dethcube's relic only seems to yield commons in my hands, even if I spend Void Traces.

As for asking people if they have ducat fodder, I got drawn into a clan at one point, had a few interactions with them. I might ask them.

I... actually have a spare Nova Prime set lying around. Yeah, whole SET. However, instead of trying to trade it for Platinum, I'm likely to try to negotiate the missing pieces of Sybaris and Euphona and if the buyer think I'm selling it way short (going off of Warframe Market, I lose over 40 potential Platinum on the deal - but this is effectively selling a frame to buy two weapons for Mastery, so sometimes the Plat value doesn't cover it all), I'll tell them to throw in some junk Ducat items (or help me bulldoze the other missing piece items).

....I also just found out how intricate the grind is on Plains of Eidolon. In order to build the amps, I MUST get max rank with Ostron because the pieces of the tier 4 amps require parts from the Glappid fish, which you can't lure without bait that isn't sold until max Ostron rank. And I have to get max rank with Quills despite the tier 4 amp only requiring rank 4 because I found out just how many Cetus Wisps I need. With my inability to find them at night, I'm better off using Quills standing to get them, and I can't do that until max Quills rank.

A Volt player recommended a 1-2-3 or 1-7-7 amp for Eidolons, incidentally. I did NOT expect the very first prism to be the valued one for late game, but that must be how powerful Volt's shield is. (And I saw these people in action - I barely get to BLINK before the Eidolon's shields go down each time, whereas when I'm doing it without Volt it usually takes a couple minutes.)

EDIT: I've actually seen videos of how the amps work against Eidolons. It STILL looks like they're using only the secondary fire against the Eidolon, even with Volt shield. Thought I'd clear that detail up.

UPDATE 2:

Got suckered into a Gantulyst fight. Despite it being easier than I thought, there is NO WAY I am running that with a 1-1-1 ever again - I NEED an upgraded amp and a group where someone doesn't need to be hard carried (yeah, someone else wasn't ready for it either) to face that guy.

As for prepping for TennoCon? I've done trimming and cutting, and gotten the ducat requirement down to 14,190 (after this point, if I can't make the requirement by TennoCon I will be cutting what few mods are left in my list first). Taking into account ducats I already have, I estimate I need to get 600 ducats a day to pull that off but that's actually not that bad if you've got an overload of relics.

Also managed to get Atlas Prime, Inaros Prime, Pangolin Prime and Venka Prime done. And a random ran a vaulted relic and a Saryn Prime piece (Saryn Prime's basically top meta for Focus farming) came up from it so a whole squad, myself included, got that - at time of post that goes for over 100 platinum. Between that and the Nova set I should EASILY have enough to get the Sybaris and Euphona pieces I'm missing. The five active Primes I'm working on are Dethcube, Baza, Corinth, Tekko, and Octavia.

....and as much as this may cause some cringe, I may be running a bunch of old relics while I'm doing this, hoping for the best. I have a good stock of one-off vaulted relics from the past and it is beyond time I do something with them - and no, I have no plans to wait forever for keyshares (though I may ask my clan each time I use them), I don't have the right type of patience for that.

UPDATE 3:

Scratch Dethcube from the list - got that one.

Also, when it comes to Focus farming (I'm trying to unbind the two Unairu passives before switching trees to something like Zenurik or Madurai - and eventually hope to unbind every passive I can), I REALLY am better off hunting Eidolons for a while. Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is the next-best way to get Focus but without an affinity booster I more-or-less am going to need to get in a group with a Saryn - or learn to fit my own for the job, which pretty much means burning off multiple Focus lenses - in order to get anywhere near what I can from hunting Eidolons for the same time period.

Last edited: