• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Warframe News and Info

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Also, forewarning @ZeroVoidTime : Do the weekly Ayatan runs whenever possible, and try to have at least three Ayatans always unfilled in your inventory. Sometimes "Fill three Ayatans" is a Nightwave objective, and it's infinitely easier to have them already on-hand than trying to hunt them in missions. Also Ayatan runs are a quick access point to the Void, and Void missions drop mods from containers (with missions base level 20+ having a chance of dropping the extremely important Multishot and Efficiency mods). Also as a forewarning, there will eventually come a point wherein Redirection and Vitality only help so much with your endurance: Eventually you're going to want a frame that can make itself invisible (such as aforementioned Ivara, Loki, or Ash), make itself either invulnerable or effectively so (Rhino, Nezha, and Valkyr all immediately spring to mind), or has some way to deflect incoming fire (Frost, Volt, and Zephyr all say hello here). This is because you will see shit like bleed procs doing 100+ damage a tick, Nightmare enemies doing almost as much damage per bullet on an automatic hit-scan weapon, or so-on.
The main reason why I want to complete The New Strange quest line is to gain access to the Onslaught Sanctuary to grind ranks more easily. Besides that thank you for the advice on what frames to use and warnings on what mods will become less useful later on.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Note that this week's Nightwave objectives are relatively simple ones: The Silver Grove and Clem ones are probably the hardest (and the latter only if you play Solo and have no way to reliably protect / heal Clem), with much of the others being trivial if you start looking into them now. Stuff like "Plains of Eidolon Missions", "10 nightmare Missions", etcetera. I bring it up as, alongside the whole "Each Invasion you do unlocks a Derelict that can be run for 1,500 Nightwave reputation", it's a good time for people to catch up if they were lagging behind as it teeters towards its end.

Attaman

A couple Warframe notes: The current Nightwave is going to end in approximately two weeks and two days, so if you are looking to get anything from it you have another 2.3 Cycles to farm Reputation.

Second: Atlas Prime and Deth Cube Prime were announced for the next Prime Access. Most probably either Mirage Prime or Zephyr Prime will be the Vaulted Warframe.

Lastly: Episode 5 of Nightwave is out, and there's a weapon you can farm for it.

Attaman

Been a couple of years, so as to drop most of the Warframe developments:
1) We have our third Open World area: Deimos. Unsurprisingly, it's infested themed (so as to have Grineer, Corpus, and Infested all represented), meaning if there's a fourth it'll probably be either Orokin or Sentient themed.

Now, Deimos is an utter pain to run casually (grind on top of grind on top of grind), but some of its aspects have been refined (particularly acquiring wildlife tags) and you can still get to Rank 4 / 5 in the main Deimos Syndicate relatively easily.

2) Railjack has seen some expansion, including finally introducing the Command Intrinsic (along with NPCs to hire for it at Fortuna via Ticker) and making the grind less of a slog. Corpus missions vaguely defeat the point of Railjack (since they're predominantly "Run a regular mission, but with 5-10 minutes of Railjack beforehand"), but are still passable.

Overall Railjack has become infinitely more accessible to new players due to reduced costs, increased drops, better level scaling, easier solo play, etcetera.

3) A ton of new Warframes.

4) Dog Days of Summer is back yet again. If you want a cheap Medi-Ray, look no further.

5) A bit more time-locked, DE is selling a Pride color palette for Pride Month. Usual Holiday / Event palette fare of "Sold for limited time, costs only 1 credit, remains in inventory after sale ends".

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
I feel like I should have spoken in this thread a long time ago, as despite being on hiatus from this game for a long time, I'd been playing it long enough to have an Excalibur Prime (got it like the second-to-last day it was available - I actually started using it again despite it being basically a glorified museum piece compared to a lot of current Frames. I tend to main Nova Prime, although I've taken a liking to Harrow). I've actually been playing a LOT of catch-up with the game. Especially with the Nightwave stuff (for those unfamiliar, that's daily/weekly alert stuff).

It's eerie how they seem to have JUST the ideal Nightwave when I need it as of late. Ran out of credits updating some of my weaker mods? Nightwave reliant on the Index (for which I must confess I got a credit booster and milked it to get about 25 million - should hold me over for a little bit). Whining about Apothics and several key aura mods I still never got? Nightwave involving the Silver Grove (and I thought to get the Botanist mod yesterday too).

I REALLY need to get caught up on Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis. I still don't have all the amp/Zaw/Kitgun parts mastered (and I have a LOT of things mastered - I was rank 23 when I stopped and just catching up on my existing gear leveling backlog, aside from Archwings and their weapons, got me just into rank 25).

....oh yes, I also got my first Kuva weapon recently. Those weapons.... come from one of the more tedious parts of the game - having to grind high-level Grineer missions in some bad nodes and then use a special kind of relic to get the necessary keywords to finish off a special boss. I went with a Toxin-based Brakk and my second weapons going to be a Heat-based Bramma.

....I hear they're going to put in a Corpus variant of that soon?

Oh, and Dog Days of Summer is one of the more hilarious tactical alerts.

Last edited:

Attaman

I feel like I should have spoken in this thread a long time ago, as despite being on hiatus from this game for a long time, I'd been playing it long enough to have an Excalibur Prime (got it like the second-to-last day it was available).
Kudos for being a Founder. I've played long enough that I probably should have made that investment, but c'est la vie.

It's eerie how they seem to have JUST the ideal Nightwave when I need it as of late. Ran out of credits updating some of my weaker mods? Nightwave reliant on the Index (for which I must confess I got a credit booster and milked it to get about 25 million - should hold me over for a little bit). Whining about Apothics and several key aura mods I still never got? Nightwave involving the Silver Grove (and I thought to get the Botanist mod yesterday too).
Nightwave tends to be quite nice with tapping off on various resources and whatnot. A little less forgiving than the old Alert system for new players (since there's less taxi-ing available from higher level players), but once somebody's achieved around 7-8 MR it quickly switches to being at least as good (at least, it has with the tweaks made since Nightwave 1.0).
I REALLY need to get caught up on Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis. I still don't have all the amp/Zaw/Kitgun parts mastered (and I have a LOT of things mastered - I was rank 23 when I stopped and just catching up on my existing gear leveling backlog, aside from Archwings and their weapons, got me just into rank 25).
If it's any consolation: I started in February 2013 and I only just hit MR18 something like Friday or Saturday.

There's a lot of grind in Warframe, so don't kick yourself if you tackle it at your own pace. Especially with stuff like Deimos, which is still relatively under-developed and thus easy to burn out on if you try to brute-force everything at once.
....oh yes, I also got my first Kuva weapon recently. Those weapons.... come from one of the more tedious parts of the game - having to grind high-level Grineer missions in some bad nodes and then use a special kind of relic to get the necessary keywords to finish off a special boss. I went with a Toxin-based Brakk and my second weapons going to be a Heat-based Bramma.

....I hear they're going to put in a Corpus variant of that soon?
Very soon, yes. My understanding is it's intended to be out in the next mainline.

... Which, being DE, means it won't be fully implemented until three mainlines from now. But still: Something to look forward to.
Oh, and Dog Days of Summer is one of the more hilarious tactical alerts.
They know their audience well. All they need now is swim trunk / bikini cosmetics and DE will be rolling in more money than they can shake a stick at.

D

Deleted member 144185

They know their audience well. All they need now is swim trunk / bikini cosmetics and DE will be rolling in more money than they can shake a stick at.
Hopefully with the Warframe armor without it I can only shudder at the thought of it.

Attaman

Hopefully with the Warframe armor without it I can only shudder at the thought of it.
You are now imagining something like Darth Vader'd Anakin (only with the occasional shimmering gunmetal grey vein) doing the "It's like I'm wearing nothing at all".

Firuthi Dragovic

Game-level update:

For those of you looking to level up a bunch of weapons or get a huge pile of Focus for your Operator, this coming weekend appears to be double affinity.

Update as far as how I'm doing:

I finally muscled up the nerve to hunt Eidolons as much as I can. In just a couple nights I've built up enough Quills Standing so that I can finally, FINALLY gild my Amps and actually get Mastery from them. (I will have to do Orb Vallis for some of the Amps but that can come later.)

Sadly, Eidolons are one of those things where you NEED a specific weapon type to deal with them. You want high-crit snipers for this sort of thing. Many players grab a Rubico Prime for this (its zoom function is bonus critical damage) - I personally use a Vulkar Wraith (zoom function is headshot damage) because I have a Riven for it (+mag capacity, +multishot, +crit damage, -Grineer damage). That, a build focused on crits and raw damage, and Oberon Prime (with Smite Infusion, naturally) combined give me enough power that... well the damage doesn't reach five figures per bullet on the Eidolon, but it gets close enough that I could take on the joints of an Eidolon myself if I had to. (And I had to, once, because in one group the other players ALL brought the Ignis.)

I MAY try to buff up my Vaykor Hek (my basic Hek Riven also fits in it, so I could reroll it to something insane) or my Paris Prime (yep, Riven for this one too, so I'm happy using a bush-league Prime) and see if I can get their damages anywhere close to what I can pull with the Vulkar, just to be cheeky. (I tried a Braton Prime with a Riven and can't realistically scratch the thing, and my non-crit Hek does scratch damage with its Riven.)

A good number of my weapon choices these days amount to "I have a Riven for it". I've been watching for damage types but I'm not interested in chasing flavor-of-the-week gear.

Attaman

There's a couple Warframe / Weapon suggestions for running Eidolons, yeah.

Warframes: Oberon, Volt, Chroma, Harrow, and Rhino all seem to be pretty popular (as well as me being sure I'm missing 2-3 more). Oberon's Smite Infusion (+Radiation), Volt's Electric Shield (+Damage to both Void Beams and general shots on the joints), Chroma for Vex Armor (though this is less of a build than it was pre-Self Damage removal), Harrow's Covenant (To multiply damage even further), and Rhino's a mix of Iron Skin (to not die all the bloody time) and Roar (simple, but a flat damage boost is a flat damage boost).

The last two are why I know I'm missing at least 2-3 more, as generally anything that directly buffs damage and / or crits on allies (versus applying a de-buff to an enemy) is ideal. And while Rhino isn't as big a boost as other candidates, they (and other, similarly tanky Warframes) can be nice to pick people up when they inevitably get dropped when something goes wrong.

Weapons: You've actually pretty much hit it on the nose. You want high damage as fast as possible, and not in the BRRRRRT form of something like a Soma Prime or whatnot but singular heavy hits (some Shotguns qualify, but it's very hit or miss due as even a Tigris Prime tends not to be ideal for Eidolon hunts). I generally use a Vectis Prime, but essentially "Would you use it to hunt Gunships on the top (50-60 level range) bounty level? No? It's not ideal for Eidolon hunts."

Oh yeah, since it wasn't mentioned earlier: For Auras you almost invariably want either Corrosive Projection or Dead Eye. The first stripping down armor (making you do more effective damage against the Eidolons and Vombalysts) and Dead Eye offering more direct damage with the typical weapons of choice. You can get by with a couple alternatives (Energy Siphon's free energy is rarely useless, for example, Growing Power goes well with a couple Warframe builds that use Ability Strength, 1-2 Power Donations can help if you are just running in support / not playing an active role), but if you don't use the same Warframe every time and are running with a public group the first two rarely wind up useless.

... Also, in case anyone needs to hear this: Drop the starting Amp as soon as possible. It's objectively bad and, even without knowing any of the builds, practically anything you come up with will do more damage. It is the Mk1 Lato of Amps, if the Mk1 Lato was the Mk1 Mk1 Lato.

Firuthi Dragovic

The last time I saw Harrow's Covenant on an Eidolon hunt its use was to basically stuff the Magnetic waves every time a joint breaks. You CAN technically just Void Mode out of the damage of those but Void Mode doesn't stop Magnetic procs.

Amps.... I can tragically say that due to gilding I accidentally brought the Mote Amp to an Eidolon hunt once and it was basically useless against the Vomvalysts (making it look like it was my first time even as I noticed there were others for whom it WAS their first time). You can get EVERYTHING else right on Warframes and weapon builds (that aforementioned Vulkar Wraith, buffed with Oberon, can drop a Synovia in a couple shots and I THINK it can take down the final phase in one magazine), but you will be useless if you accidentally bring the base Amp. Even a 1-1-1 (uh, for those not following this, that's all the tier 1s from Quills: Raplak, Pencha, Clapkra. Tiers 1-4 come from Quills and tiers 5-7 come from Fortuna) at least gives you a chance at contributing to an Eidolon fight - though I think the common build is (any)-2-7 or somesuch.

(More on this later, especially when I get back from work and see what Baro is offering this time. I plan to build entire-tier Amps to get a feel for all the Amp abilities but once I've got my mastery from them, I'm going to build two more for actual usage - one for missions, one for Eidolons - and that'll be that. Besides, for at least part of this weekend I'm going to be in Archwing leveling those guns so I don't have to deal with most of them anymore and can just worry about the ones that fit well with a Gravimag or Necramech - which I have seen people use against Eidolons and it's a bit overkill.)

UPDATE: So apparently I got so caught up in playing that I forgot to discuss Baro. I see Primed Tactical Pump and this weapon called a Zylok (I made damn sure to pick up the gun, but didn't get Primed Tactical Pump yet), among a few other things, but I'm more holding out for another month to really focus on Baro.

See, there's this thing called TennoCon, and its digital ticket allows you a week's access to a special relay with ALL of Baro's past offerings. I know for a fact I have two years' worth of offerings to catch up on. (I'm disregarding most of the cosmetic items - I'm more interested in Prime mods, special weapon variants, and the like.) I need to run a LOT of void relics to get enough Ducat items for that - I predict the number of ducats I'll need will be in the early five figures. A lot of that, admittedly from trying to research this, comes from an insane sniper mod that is GODLY on the Vectis series in particular....

UPDATE 2: So I ran the numbers. To get everything I'd seriously consider wanting from Baro's past offerings on the TennoCon digital ticket (this also includes multiples of the Aklex Prime and Akvasto Prime relics), I need a grand total of 26,495 Ducats. We've got, what, 28 days before that thing goes live?

With 15 Ducats per relic in most cases, you're looking at a worst case scenario of 1,767 relics used, or 63 relics a day (realistically more like 74 because I have one day a week where I can't really play much at all). That's easily 4-5 hours a day of nothing but relics. I'd definitely go insane before that happens.

If we get a bit more realistic and about a fifth of my runs result in 45-ducat items (while I have gotten a 100-Ducat item off an Intact relic once, most of my runs are off of Intacts and that was definitely a one-off freak incident), and I get one in 25 that are 100-Ducat pieces.... let's see.... 15 times 76%, 45 times 20%, and 100 times 4%.... if I even have the right equation it averages out to about 24 Ducats a run, which would make it 1,104 relics used, or about 46 relics a day with my issues. Probably still not realistic to catch up 100% off just one year's TennoCon ticket.

And none of this acknowledges the fact that I still haven't built my Paracesis yet, as that requires a thousand Ducats on its own.

I'll sort this out by the things I'd actually use (and I'm actually not taking what cosmetics I wanted out of the equation because they're not the problem here - the mods and weapons are), but otherwise, time to start prioritizing. The faction and ammo-mutation mods are likely the first to get the boot, given my playstyle.

Will run more numbers later to get a final total of how much I need to stress a day over this sort of thing. There are probably a LOT of mods getting backburnered to next year's ticket (or simply to keeping an eye on Baro's rotation).

Last edited:

Attaman

Since you mentioned Baro and TennoCon, don't forget to get Credits too. Some of the items go for a pretty penny of up to 1,000,000 credits per (admittedly that's mostly just Prime Pedestal, but others can go for 300-500,000 so not much cheaper). While a bunch of Credit Booster Index will probably take care of most of that, it's still not fun to save until the last minute.

Also, if you have a bunch of friends who play, it might be worthwhile to ask them if they have any ducat fodder. While not quite as bad as it once was, I remember the days of people swimming in low triple digit quantities of Paris Prime Strings. While most people have burned through their ducat fodder stock already (or have taken to selling it for Plat on the cheap), you probably know at least 1-2 people willing to either donate from their pre-existing stock or who would be willing to run Relics and toss their share of loot your way.

It isn't much, but a hundred Ducats here or there helps with both your sanity and the mathematics of the logistics.

Firuthi Dragovic

Another update on that:

I've actually still got the 25 million credits from the last time I spent a weekend with a booster on the Index. Turns out even getting everything I want (the Primed Chamber mod I see on his list is a million as well - I'm actually pretty much 0% interested in Orbiter decorations aside from the one floof he sells) is only going to run me 14 million credits. The rest will have to do with spending them ranking up mods (it's like 2 million credits per primed mod, and don't even get me started on the endo).

Spending a few hours on that got me a chance to build Zakti Prime, Panthera Prime, and my Paracesis, so there's that. There's five other Primes where I'm missing one item for sure (Dethcube, Atlas, Corinth, Pangolin, and Venka - technically seven but Sybaris and Euphona are vaulted Primes), and only the missing parts of Pangolin and Venka don't rely on rares - and I bring this up because it is making it REALLY hard to sell items for Ducats when I have a huge batch of near-finished Primes lying around.

Which is driving me crazy because the Dethcube's relic only seems to yield commons in my hands, even if I spend Void Traces.

As for asking people if they have ducat fodder, I got drawn into a clan at one point, had a few interactions with them. I might ask them.

I... actually have a spare Nova Prime set lying around. Yeah, whole SET. However, instead of trying to trade it for Platinum, I'm likely to try to negotiate the missing pieces of Sybaris and Euphona and if the buyer think I'm selling it way short (going off of Warframe Market, I lose over 40 potential Platinum on the deal - but this is effectively selling a frame to buy two weapons for Mastery, so sometimes the Plat value doesn't cover it all), I'll tell them to throw in some junk Ducat items (or help me bulldoze the other missing piece items).

....I also just found out how intricate the grind is on Plains of Eidolon. In order to build the amps, I MUST get max rank with Ostron because the pieces of the tier 4 amps require parts from the Glappid fish, which you can't lure without bait that isn't sold until max Ostron rank. And I have to get max rank with Quills despite the tier 4 amp only requiring rank 4 because I found out just how many Cetus Wisps I need. With my inability to find them at night, I'm better off using Quills standing to get them, and I can't do that until max Quills rank.

A Volt player recommended a 1-2-3 or 1-7-7 amp for Eidolons, incidentally. I did NOT expect the very first prism to be the valued one for late game, but that must be how powerful Volt's shield is. (And I saw these people in action - I barely get to BLINK before the Eidolon's shields go down each time, whereas when I'm doing it without Volt it usually takes a couple minutes.)

EDIT: I've actually seen videos of how the amps work against Eidolons. It STILL looks like they're using only the secondary fire against the Eidolon, even with Volt shield. Thought I'd clear that detail up.

UPDATE 2:

Got suckered into a Gantulyst fight. Despite it being easier than I thought, there is NO WAY I am running that with a 1-1-1 ever again - I NEED an upgraded amp and a group where someone doesn't need to be hard carried (yeah, someone else wasn't ready for it either) to face that guy.

As for prepping for TennoCon? I've done trimming and cutting, and gotten the ducat requirement down to 14,190 (after this point, if I can't make the requirement by TennoCon I will be cutting what few mods are left in my list first). Taking into account ducats I already have, I estimate I need to get 600 ducats a day to pull that off but that's actually not that bad if you've got an overload of relics.

Also managed to get Atlas Prime, Inaros Prime, Pangolin Prime and Venka Prime done. And a random ran a vaulted relic and a Saryn Prime piece (Saryn Prime's basically top meta for Focus farming) came up from it so a whole squad, myself included, got that - at time of post that goes for over 100 platinum. Between that and the Nova set I should EASILY have enough to get the Sybaris and Euphona pieces I'm missing. The five active Primes I'm working on are Dethcube, Baza, Corinth, Tekko, and Octavia.

....and as much as this may cause some cringe, I may be running a bunch of old relics while I'm doing this, hoping for the best. I have a good stock of one-off vaulted relics from the past and it is beyond time I do something with them - and no, I have no plans to wait forever for keyshares (though I may ask my clan each time I use them), I don't have the right type of patience for that.

UPDATE 3:

Scratch Dethcube from the list - got that one.

Also, when it comes to Focus farming (I'm trying to unbind the two Unairu passives before switching trees to something like Zenurik or Madurai - and eventually hope to unbind every passive I can), I REALLY am better off hunting Eidolons for a while. Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is the next-best way to get Focus but without an affinity booster I more-or-less am going to need to get in a group with a Saryn - or learn to fit my own for the job, which pretty much means burning off multiple Focus lenses - in order to get anywhere near what I can from hunting Eidolons for the same time period.

UPDATE 4:

Tonight I think I'm going to have to go through all of my Prime pieces and see what I need to keep for future stuff. I have a LOT of weird leftovers.

Also: finally unbound Basilisk Scales, the armor passive from the Unairu tree. I have one more thing to unbind there and one more rank to get on Unairu Wisp and then I can work viably on other trees. Naramon's the only tree off the table for now as operator speed is the least-needed passive.

....after seeing calculations I am REALLY tempted to use the Magus Husk arcane.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

Decided to do a separate post for this, as I'm unpacking quite an analysis of my inventory.

So I sat down and re-evaluated my inventory to find out what Prime items I missed.

And let's just say... hoo boy did I miss a LOT of Prime weapons. To wit:

For Frames I apparently missed Equinox, Hydroid, Limbo, and Mesa. I also missed Valkyr, but that apparently got added to Railjack.

Weapons? I missed... Akbolto, Akjagara, Akstiletto, Ballistica, Destreza, Euphona, Fragor, Kogake, Nami Skyla, Pyrana, Redeemer, Silva & Aegis, Spira, Stradavar, Sybaris, and Tipedo. (Also missing Cernos but that's part of Railjack too. I have the rest of the Prime Railjack stuff.)

I also missed out on Helios Prime.

16 weapons, 4 frames, and a sentinel that I will need to try my remaining relics on and trade if I can't pull it off. Plus a pair of things I need the newest game mode to get.

That should also give you an idea just how many Prime items I picked up over the years. Because these are only the ones that aren't on the current rotation. Meaning if it's not on the rotation and not listed here, I have it or have mastered it at some point. I think I have two-thirds of the total Primes the game has to offer.

Knowing all this makes the Ducat situation easier, though, as I can clutch anything of these weapons that I get. I think I'm gonna make my quota in time for TennoCon with this in mind. My chances of making the original 26,795 Ducat target are still extremely slim though.

Attaman

Decided to do a separate post for this, as I'm unpacking quite an analysis of my inventory.

So I sat down and re-evaluated my inventory to find out what Prime items I missed.

And let's just say... hoo boy did I miss a LOT of Prime weapons. To wit:

For Frames I apparently missed Equinox, Hydroid, Limbo, and Mesa. I also missed Valkyr, but that apparently got added to Railjack.

Weapons? I missed... Akbolto, Akjagara, Akstiletto, Ballistica, Destreza, Euphona, Fragor, Kogake, Nami Skyla, Pyrana, Redeemer, Silva & Aegis, Spira, Stradavar, Sybaris, and Tipedo. (Also missing Cernos but that's part of Railjack too. I have the rest of the Prime Railjack stuff.)

I also missed out on Helios Prime.

16 weapons, 4 frames, and a sentinel that I will need to try my remaining relics on and trade if I can't pull it off. Plus a pair of things I need the newest game mode to get.

That should also give you an idea just how many Prime items I picked up over the years. Because these are only the ones that aren't on the current rotation. Meaning if it's not on the rotation and not listed here, I have it or have mastered it at some point. I think I have two-thirds of the total Primes the game has to offer.

Knowing all this makes the Ducat situation easier, though, as I can clutch anything of these weapons that I get. I think I'm gonna make my quota in time for TennoCon with this in mind. My chances of making the original 26,795 Ducat target are still extremely slim though.
If you're on PC I can probably at least toss some parts for most of those your way. Either duplicates I held onto because "But what if I need it / want to sell for Plat later?" or things I should have built and grinded out earlier but didn't have the patience for.

Also, keep in mind that some weapons / Warframes might be better to sell for Platinum (instead of for Ducats) since they'll buy more Ducat Fodder than they will give Ducats themselves.

Lastly, a heads up to everyone in general: Reminder that Dog Days ends in about 12-ish hours (actually closer to 15 or 16 I think, unless I'm misremembering end time / date). So if you want any of the stuff on sale, now's the time to grind for it.

Firuthi Dragovic

If you're on PC I can probably at least toss some parts for most of those your way. Either duplicates I held onto because "But what if I need it / want to sell for Plat later?" or things I should have built and grinded out earlier but didn't have the patience for.

Also, keep in mind that some weapons / Warframes might be better to sell for Platinum (instead of for Ducats) since they'll buy more Ducat Fodder than they will give Ducats themselves.

Lastly, a heads up to everyone in general: Reminder that Dog Days ends in about 12-ish hours (actually closer to 15 or 16 I think, unless I'm misremembering end time / date). So if you want any of the stuff on sale, now's the time to grind for it.
I appreciate the offer, but I plan to try my luck with some of my own leftover relics first. I know there's three weapons where I will have to trade to get the last missing piece, we'll see if there's others. Besides, this weekend's kind of a rough one for me - my next big trade break is going to be when Baro comes back next week (it'd almost be a crime for him not to have fireworks in the next rotation, given his timing).

I'm going to have to think some and check Warframe Market for the Platinum stuff. It's been a long time since I thought about Ducat fodder.

UPDATE 1: Yeah, I will have to check the Warframe Market site. Maroo's only helps for selling and trade chat is completely unusable for someone like me.

I've been busy with relics, and in addition to finishing Baza and Corinth... I actually was able to get lucky with my vault relics and put together Silva & Aegis Prime.

But I fell short on Ballistica Prime.

Realistically, I might be able to pull off Valkyr, Helios, or MAYBE Nami Skyla. The rest of the vaulted stuff, I'm missing too much.

....oh, and I FINALLY sold that Nova Prime set to a clanmate (yeah, at some point in this I got dragged into a large clan). I'm glad that thing isn't on my hands anymore.

I'll try to have a list by Tuesday or so of the exact pieces I can't get on my own.

....as for selling stuff on the Warframe Market site, I'll be blunt - I'm only considering that for an item I get if the item itself sells for 40 platinum or more (like the Galatine Prime blueprint I scored while trying to get Ballistica parts). I want it to be REALLY worth my time. And... it's looking like even most of the rares from current and just-vaulted relics don't go for that much.

UPDATE 1.5: ....oh yeah, and reached Mastery rank 26 with all this weapon and 'frame grinding.

UPDATE 1.75: And secured Helios Prime. Though that's the last one I can get from relics I already have.

Also did a whole night of fishing in Plains of Eidolon... I don't remember ever fishing for Glappids in the past but I have all the beetle shells I need for tier 4 amp stuff. Tiers 2 and 3... I will need to do more another time as they're the basis of my baseline amps. And this is also why I maxed Quills first as I can just get Cetus Wisps whenever I want instead of having to run across the map all the time.

I also figured out the fast track to getting Ostrons maxed - all that excess fishing. Cut up the small fish, donate the larger ones. I will do another round or two of it, but then only do it when I need to buy something from the Ostrons. Seriously, their rank 5 stuff is basically unnecessary.

It's getting to the point where the conservation tags and the floofs are the last serious thing I need to do in Cetus. Well, aside from the Hydrolyst, which is one of this week's Nightwave objectives. I want at least a 1-2-3 amp before I try that.

I actually have a little I want to do in Cambion Drift before I go to Orb Vallis. (Mainly: I have a Vermisplicer Riven and I want that weapon part first. I THINK that can be done without ranking up with Entrati.) However, Orb Vallis actually excites me way more than the Plains does. Huge number of gun options! And THEIR rank 5 thing is easily one of the most exciting, even if I rarely see players use it outside of where you have to.

UPDATE 2: No list of missing Prime parts yet, that'll have to be tomorrow. I wound up using my time spearing a LOT of Murkrays and Norgs, as well as hunting for the Pyrol I need to make Pyrotic Alloy for cheap Zaw links so I can make the rest of the mastery-rank Zaws (I have four main-use Zaws as it is, two involving the Plague parts - if I make any more past Mastery, it will be because a Riven came up).

HOWEVER. I've done enough fishing, mining, and hunting at this point that I can hit max rank with Ostrons when it resets tomorrow. This leaves Eidolon hunting (which is pretty much perpetual) and conservation (which is mainly for the 12 floofs that Teasonai offers) as the only two things left for me in the Plains. I KINDA can't do the conservation bit until I do more in Orb Vallis, so.... hit up Cambion Drift for the Vermisplicer piece and then it's on to the Corpus open world!

However... after I catalog things tomorrow, I MAY have to take a day or two's break from the game. Life issues, mainly. When those are resolved I will be doing Void relics and more equipment ranking basically up until TennoCon (I have my ticket, so I can visit Baro during that time), and I will probably run out of Axi relics because both the Tekko Blades and Aksomati Link are there and I'm afraid that when the next Prime comes out, one of those two is getting vaulted (if Atlas, then Tekko; if Ivara, then Aksomati - I had this panic-relic thing happen with Wukong Prime as well and BARELY accomplished it, Zhuge Prime, and Ninkondi Prime before vaulting happened).

I won't be buying into the next Prime Access (I confess I bought the Zephyr/Chroma pack to get caught up on those two and their weapons) UNLESS it's Harrow's. Given we're on Gara now, I'm picturing either Nidus or Revenant as the next Prime.

Oh, and I unbound the other Unairu passive. This means I can start working on others. Vazarin's health passive and Madurai's Amp energy passive are the most important to unbind next.

And I got suckered into the Grendel survival. Rhino was a good frame for it, but the weapons I had (Vectis Prime and Azima) were decidedly NOT viable. We won though.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

......I.... guess my log of what Prime parts I'm missing waits a bit. I definitely intend to log it by the time Baro's here again.

But anyway, the delay is because a LOT of info just dropped, that is apparently going to happen on Tuesday of next week.

Basing all of this off the following news item: Sisters of Parvos update

First off: Sisters of Parvos, the Corpus variant of the Kuva Lich that I was talking about. Apparently, the way it works is: first, deal with any existing Kuva Lich (meaning I really need to get my Bramma this weekend). Second, make sure to have the Tempestarii quest completed. Third, you're supposed to do Granum Void stuff (I THINK this means basically the same stuff you do to farm Protea?) until a candidate shows up. Take out said candidate with a Mercy Kill (same method as the Lich candidates) and now you have one of the Sisters after you.

Their class of weapon is Tenet weapons, and eight have been revealed - three all-new pieces (Envoy, Diplos, Spirex), and five returning veterans (Tetra, Flux Rifle, Arca Plasmor, Cycron, Detron). I will likely be pursuing Detron first (to match my Kuva Brakk), and Flux Rifle second.

Speaking of weapons, Kuva Liches will apparently be able to wield a Hek, Zarr, or Grattler now. Grattler is one Archgun I sold off, but I'll sure keep a Kuva variant (although Ayanga's still a preferred target).

Kuva Lich finales also will get moved to Railjack (same areas the Sisters' finales are going to be apparently), and they're upgrading the Murmur system to make it faster. It NEEDED that speed-up.

New frame: Yareli. Apparently themed around mermaids or at least sea life from the looks of it, and has a built-in K-Drive (that's the Corpus hoverboard).

The six core Syndicates will have new armor options attainable with Standing.

Apparently Glast will have new offerings and it relates to Railjack Void missions.

Melee is not going to be as godly in the endgame. Partly due to nerfing, partly due to something called Galvanized mods that will be available through the Arbitration system.

Steel Path gets new rewards... including something called a Veiled Riven Cipher.....?

Legendary Rank, above and beyond MR 30, is apparently going to be a thing now?

The last vestiges of the DNA stabilizer and Loyalty system that was used for Kubrow/Kavat/Charger companions are apparently going to disappear entirely. I get why they had it at first (to make people actually pay attention basically), but it's increasingly unnecessary anyway.

....and some additions to Helminth, but I specifically don't mess with that system. My Warframes remain unaltered. That is one line I have no intentions to cross, ever.

Last edited:

Attaman

As a note, the Void requirement is specifically the highest level key IIRC. Meaning you will want to farm places like Pluto Capture for a token or five in preparation.

Also I think Yareli is partially modeled off vTubers and / or Idols as well, but Mermaid / Siren is definitely the primary aesthetic.

My understanding is that the main Helminth changes are:
1) A few new abilities you can bestow;
2) A new Helminth Upgrade (that needs to be bought and purchased like the current one) that basically takes one Warframe at random each week, picks a pair of things to boost, and tells you to have fun. Think the random Arbitration boost, only it lasts for the whole of the week.

On one hand the second might breathe some life into a couple Warframes... but on the other the main drawback is simply that several Warframes Do Not Function against end-game content because said content either has attributes that Warframe powers taper off against... or because they're outright immune and thus the best Warframe powers to use against them are self-buffs. This is part of the reason why a lot of debuff (or buff-allies-by-placing-thing-on-enemy) Warframes simply cease to function or apply in certain missions. Banshee can't Sonar Necramechs in Isolation Vaults, Eidolons on the Plains, Orbs in the Vallis, several bosses who show up in Sorties, etcetera. Mag likewise can't Bullet Attractor, and so-on. The powers are fine even without buffs, but that they can't be used means a frame like Zephyr gets infinitely more usage if only because their #3 power (Turbulence) never ceases to be useful (even having some functionality against Infested).

Firuthi Dragovic

2) A new Helminth Upgrade (that needs to be bought and purchased like the current one) that basically takes one Warframe at random each week, picks a pair of things to boost, and tells you to have fun. Think the random Arbitration boost, only it lasts for the whole of the week.
See, NOW we're getting into things where Helminth might actually interest me. Still a low priority but something to pounce on if it comes up.

As a note, the Void requirement is specifically the highest level key IIRC. Meaning you will want to farm places like Pluto Capture for a token or five in preparation.
You mean the Zenith ones that come up whenever a Sortie goes into those areas? I've got quite a few. The only one of those I don't have is the BASIC version ironically enough.

Anyways, finally getting around to a catalog of all the vaulted Prime parts I'm missing. This, after Destreza Prime's BP caught me COMPLETELY off guard - so I can strike that one from the list. I don't include two Tekko blades or one Aksomati link because those are from current relics at time of post.

Cernos and Valkyr are in italics because they're not TECHNICALLY vaulted thanks to Railjack, but might as well be for current purposes.

AKBOLTO: Blueprint, Barrel, Receiver, Receiver, Link
AKJAGARA: Barrel, Barrel, Receiver, Link
AKSTILETTO: BP, Receiver, Receiver
BALLISTICA: String, Receiver
CERNOS: BP, Lower Limb
EQUINOX: BP, Neuroptics, Systems
EUPHONA: Receiver
FRAGOR: BP, Head, Handle
HYDROID: BP, Chassis
KOGAKE: Boot, Boot, Gauntlet, Gauntlet
LIMBO: Neuroptics, Chassis
MESA: Neuroptics, Systems
NAMI SKYLA: Blade, Blade
PYRANA: BP, Barrel, Receiver
REDEEMER: Blade, Handle
SPIRA: Pouch, Blade, Blade
SYBARIS: Barrel
STRADAVAR: Receiver
TIPEDO: BP, Handle, Ornament
VALKYR: Chassis, Systems

I WAS going to do per-Relic lists, but then it dawned on me that most of these parts have been in more than one relic class at some point in their lifespan. A per-relic list is basically undoable and unupdatable in any comprehensible form.

(Speaking of comprehension, I adjusted the list from "something that's perfectly clear what I'm missing" to "something where I can easily cross it out if I get it". That's why it might look kinda weirdly stilted.)

Last edited:

Attaman

See, NOW we're getting into things where Helminth might actually interest me. Still a low priority but something to pounce on if it comes up.
Looking at the official announcement you linked earlier, it seems they've expanded it from the one they initially put out: Now it's two effects (the examples seem to suggest "One for the Warframe, one for their kit"), and three Warframes instead of one. Which makes sense, since with this it's almost impossible for the combination to not offer something to somebody (compared to, for example, a +Strength Nekros which would basically be "Great! This sucks!"), as well as cycles through the Warframes a bit faster (46 Warframes with a 47th coming out: If it was just 1/wk, even if they ensured there were no repeats it'd take the better part of a year for every Warframe to have its one week to shine).
You mean the Zenith ones that come up whenever a Sortie goes into those areas? I've got quite a few. The only one of those I don't have is the BASIC version ironically enough.
As far as I'm aware they want the Zenith, and yeah: Basic can be a pain to find. Particularly since most older players don't really run Corpus missions at that level range anymore.

Firuthi Dragovic

Bit of a quality-of-life question for the musically-inclined while I'm waiting for night cycles to hunt Eidolons (I still need a LOT of cores for Cetus Wisps and the Hydrolyst has to be fought eventually - first time I tried, someone in a Necramech screwed it up), or waiting to see if the Razorback Armada's gonna show up this weekend (they're REALLY close).

I just got Octavia Prime (and this is one of the few foundry items I rushed) and have been trying to come up with songs for that Mandachord. For years, my base Octavia was using a piece of a Jazz Jackrabbit song (specifically, a segment of the Tubelectric theme) as a Mandachord track, as it was a REALLY easy tune to decipher. For Octavia Prime, I decided it was time to retire that song.

My first attempt at a new Mandachord track was Megalomania (as in the Live a Live boss track). I... figured out the tune, but the note range doesn't seem right and that specific tune is tragically reliant on the Metronome (the LAST track relied on the Resonator too much) when I'd really rather have a track that puts all three abilities to work. Plus, despite the tune reasonably fitting in the 4/4 time the Mandachord uses, that tune doesn't seem quite right when you only sample 4 measures (as that's all the Mandachord has room for) - Megalomania really needs 16 measures for a passable loop (I think the actual song uses about 40 measures' worth - two loops of 16 and a bridging part that's 8 measures).

Any particular ideas? There's one late 90s cartoon whose theme I want to sample, but beyond that I've got no new material at present.

....I'm aware there's a guy that has based an entire YouTube channel off of Mandachord compositions. I'm trying to not just swipe from him.

UPDATE 1: Finally got the Hydrolyst down. I wound up calling in a couple clanmates - and a random joined us - and I was the Volt for it. (One clanmate was a Wisp - a choice you don't see often on these, but a good fourth - and both the rando and last clanmate were Trinitys. Those lures weren't dying anytime soon.) My Amp... wasn't stellar, but it got the job done. So I now have Riven transmuters, quite a few extra shards for Focus, and a lot more confidence that I can coordinate with a squad on these bosses.

Apparently sometimes people do SIX SETS of the three Eidolons in a single night phase. That is crazy. I'd definitely need a Rubico riven and a better amp before I tried that.

Orb Vallis... turns out I had made one rank of progress way back when. Can easily make a second one at rollover... but I think the kitgun parts I want (Splat for one gun, Ramflare for the other) are locked behind Rank 4 with them. This is gonna take a while and will involve much drone disassembly and donation.

I'm most likely to go back to focusing on relic grinding with the occasional bounty thrown in (both Plains AND Vallis, because Plains can give more Cetus Wisps at higher bounty tiers). I have two weeks before TennoCon lands and the ducat grinding is going to pay off then.

UPDATE 2: Kuva Bramma acquired. I will be going without a lich until Sisters of Parvos drops, despite the claim from someone in the mission that I had time - which they explained as them having done "5 liches in 1.5 days".

There may be a time when I do that (like when I'm trying to build a Kuva stockpile), but not now. I'd rather go a few days without my stuff getting stolen. And I'm low on Requiem Relics (yes, I know keywords can be used 3 times each, I'd rather build up extra keywords so I don't have to do Requiem Fissures last-minute).

After Sisters of Parvos drops, planned order is: Tenet Detron, Kuva Ayanga, Tenet Flux Rifle, Kuva Grattler, Kuva Nukor. Assuming the same elemental bonus mechanism with the Sisters as the Kuva Liches, Nukor is likely going to be Magnetic unless Condition Overload is completely non-viable after this patch, Kuva Ayanga is likely to be Radiation (I'd rather give at least one Archgun as many elements as possible thanks to Profit-Taker)... I'm not sure about the other three.

Also, I got my Vasca Kavat, a thing I forgot to do from Plains of Eidolon. Conservation.... is frankly going to wait until either I get the Archgun Deployer, or until after TennoCon, whichever comes last.

First time piloting a Necralisk since Heart of Deimos, which I had to do as part of Nightwave stuff..... I like them, but I'm NOT going to buy one with Platinum. I'm going to learn to appreciate those things normally and hit up the Necraloid syndicate some time after I get my Archgun Deployer.

Going to get my last full-set Amp from Quills later today and then it's all about relics and grinding weapons for mastery. I am going to have to hit up Railjack a bit more during these though.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

To anyone who plays the PC version and peeks into this thread:

Nef Anyo just launched Razorbacks. You've got until... late Thursday, at worst, to take on those missions and save Earth's relay. And that's the relay there was a whole event (that I missed entirely) to rebuild, so....

For those just tuning in, the whole Invasions thing? Basically the Grineer and Corpus fight over control of nodes from time to time, and players can help either side. When a side wins, the counter towards their relay-destroying technology increases.

For Grineer, said tech is a big battleship where you get the code items in ground missions in that area, then blast the core of the ship in an Archwing. Can get parts for an Imperator Vandal, plus the electric, cold, and toxin dual-stat mods for the Archwing gun and melee.

For Corpus, the faction doing this as I type? It's an armada of enhanced Jackals. You get the codes in Archwing missions, then gather for a ground mission against these things where you have to hack Bursas to get them to a point where you can hurt them. Can reward Gorgon Wraith parts, the puncture mods for all ground weapons, as well as the heat dual-stat mods for Archwing gun and melee.

If the tech isn't fully destroyed by enough people doing this before time's up? Bam, relay gone.

I actually have about 600 leftover Omega Isotopes, but didn't have any Cryptographic Alu stashed. I plan to fix that this time (I've been running a booster for a while now) and get at least a few hundred so I can work on farming both the heat mods and eventually never have to run the prep mission again. (I have everything else the Razorback event could drop.)

Firuthi Dragovic

I've never played Warframe. What's the appeal of it anyways? I'm rather curious.
It's going to be very hard for me to answer that kind of question in one post, to be blunt.

I can say... that even though third-person space ninja parkour action isn't for everyone, the skill gate is a bit overwhelming to start out (there's an animation called "100 Days of Warframe" that gives a few hints towards this), the grind is honestly a little insane if you want everything the free or mostly-free way, and that the sheer amount of lore and activities can quite frankly be paralyzing, it is easily one of the best examples of how to do a free-to-play correctly. Luck mechanics and the paid shop are... WAY more separate than most free-to-plays are, probably about 99% separate. Maybe even 100% by now. (They had mod packs at one point, but a normal player will have more mods than they know what to do with after a few missions.)

I've heard Digital Extremes, the developer (you may know one of their other works, Unreal Tournament - Warframe is even FASTER paced than Unreal Tournament), even PATCHED OUT a gambling mechanic on at least one occasion.

DE is also unusually active in interacting with the fanbase by the standards of developers.

More specific questions (such as direct inquiries about the gameplay - "third-person space ninja parkour action" doesn't exactly cover everything) may help give a better answer here.