• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Warframe News and Info

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
It's going to be very hard for me to answer that kind of question in one post, to be blunt.

I can say... that even though third-person space ninja parkour action isn't for everyone, the skill gate is a bit overwhelming to start out (there's an animation called "100 Days of Warframe" that gives a few hints towards this), the grind is honestly a little insane if you want everything the free or mostly-free way, and that the sheer amount of lore and activities can quite frankly be paralyzing, it is easily one of the best examples of how to do a free-to-play correctly. Luck mechanics and the paid shop are... WAY more separate than most free-to-plays are, probably about 99% separate. Maybe even 100% by now. (They had mod packs at one point, but a normal player will have more mods than they know what to do with after a few missions.)

I've heard Digital Extremes, the developer (you may know one of their other works, Unreal Tournament - Warframe is even FASTER paced than Unreal Tournament), even PATCHED OUT a gambling mechanic on at least one occasion.

DE is also unusually active in interacting with the fanbase by the standards of developers.

More specific questions (such as direct inquiries about the gameplay - "third-person space ninja parkour action" doesn't exactly cover everything) may help give a better answer here.

Ah, the third person killed it for me, I like first person. I've played Destiny 2 before though. Also, grindy sounds eh.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Ah, the third person killed it for me, I like first person. I've played Destiny 2 before though. Also, grindy sounds eh.
That's honestly kinda fair. I will tell you with all the flipping and twisting and parkour that first-person simply would not work for this kind of game.

I pretty much had a dedicated group for several years and that's how I got my first 20+ mastery ranks. Since I hoarded most of the stuff I got during that time... I had an "in" on this kind of thing when I came back to it.

Like I said, the sheer quantity of things to do can get overwhelming. I... DON'T know how that compares to the amount of content Destiny 2 has.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
That's honestly kinda fair. I will tell you with all the flipping and twisting and parkour that first-person simply would not work for this kind of game.

I pretty much had a dedicated group for several years and that's how I got my first 20+ mastery ranks. Since I hoarded most of the stuff I got during that time... I had an "in" on this kind of thing when I came back to it.

Like I said, the sheer quantity of things to do can get overwhelming. I... DON'T know how that compares to the amount of content Destiny 2 has.

I see, well I play Fallout 76, I like survival, hunting, crafting, and working with others in a team.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
It's going to be very hard for me to answer that kind of question in one post, to be blunt.

I can say... that even though third-person space ninja parkour action isn't for everyone, the skill gate is a bit overwhelming to start out (there's an animation called "100 Days of Warframe" that gives a few hints towards this),
On which note, to reiterate from a few pages ago:
1) Volt is objectively the best Warframe to start as, unless you really want to avoid grinding for Excalibur later on. You can collect Mag relatively early on the Star Chart (Volt is hypothetically first, but practically by the time you have all the ingredients to cook Volt you also probably have access or are close to access to Mag who also has the honor of the easiest boss fight and free BP components compared to Volt). Excalibur is more solid all around... but lacks the extremely helpful utility of invalidating an entire progression tree on Cetus and partially makes up for the lack of Endo at the start (since you can rely on Volt's passive to boost your weapons' base damage without dumping Endo into upgrading Serration).
2) Gun for Maroo's Bazaar on Mars ASAP. The reason for this being that Endo will be a bottleneck in early game, and Maroo will give it to you in spades. She also is a guaranteed source of Ayatans (if at a fixed rate / week).
3) Don't worry about the Cetus Mining upgrades any more than the bare minimum necessary to reach Venus. The Venus mining gun is all you'll ever need, at least at the moment (and as a new player that's all you need to worry about).
4) Your starting Platinum is best spent on Slots. Specifically at least one more Warframe slot and then a choice of another or some additional Weapon Slots. You can get more Slots for free via Nightwave (as well as a guaranteed supply of some Catalysts / Reactors), but at the start a third Warframe slot will really give you some wiggle room to freely (in every sense of the term) try out multiple Warframes while also keeping in your pocket one you feel comfortable with.
5) Sol Widget for Cephalon Silmaris (sp?) is literally "Unlimited Synthesis and Codex Scanners, both in the same item". So... yeah. Get it early on.
6) Unlike most of the Flawed mods you'll get at the start, Flawed Equilibrium is one worth keeping even as time goes on. Specifically because AFAIK Equilibrium only drops from Transmutation (which costs way too much credits for a new player), meaning either trading (which often involves Premium Currency), and the magnitude of even the Flawed version is often more than enough.

the grind is honestly a little insane if you want everything the free or mostly-free way,
In some regards it's better than before, in some worse. Before there wasn't the Nightwave system so if you were lucky you could be taxi'd to Alerts to easily pick up Reactors / Catalysts, BPs, join higher ranking players in hunting Prime parts (due to how Relics - then Keys - worked)...

If you were lucky. If you were unlucky these would show up consistently while at work / asleep and basically mandate spending Platinum to get even more things. Also Nightwave has added usually at least a couple Weapon and Warframe slots to progression.

But yeah, if you don't have a friend expect it to be at least a good 15-20 hours before you really can dig into the game. I've complained before and will continue to complain that, while DE does try its best to not overload a player at once, WF really starts off slow with a lot of traps to lure people into even more time to have fun. There's also a couple Quests that require you to wait on something to cook in the foundry to progress, which arbitrarily stretches things out further (even if IIRC most of those Quests either have one-minute cook times or are optional in relation to star chart progression).

Even so, while Nightwave is a bit lackluster as it currently stands (and a bit biased towards players who're MR12 or higher), it does mean that you pretty much can get everything not Steam Workshop or High-End Cosmetic without having to pay Premium Currency if patient enough. And the fact that players can relatively freely trade said Premium Currency means that if you're willing to put in for the grind you can almost always get Premium Currency goodies without actually paying a penny even without patience. "Lith has a Capture mission live so I'm going to run about 20 relics. If I get anything good I'm keeping it, everything else is Ducat Fodder. Either for myself or to sell for Platinum."

Firuthi Dragovic

1) Volt is objectively the best Warframe to start as, unless you really want to avoid grinding for Excalibur later on. You can collect Mag relatively early on the Star Chart (Volt is hypothetically first, but practically by the time you have all the ingredients to cook Volt you also probably have access or are close to access to Mag who also has the honor of the easiest boss fight and free BP components compared to Volt). Excalibur is more solid all around... but lacks the extremely helpful utility of invalidating an entire progression tree on Cetus and partially makes up for the lack of Endo at the start (since you can rely on Volt's passive to boost your weapons' base damage without dumping Endo into upgrading Serration).
I'm trying to remember how long ago the changeover was, as when I started it was Excalibur, Mag or Loki. I knew they changed it to Volt as Loki seemed really out of place as a starter, I just.... can't remember when.

Loki still made some things fairly easy, just... not "invalidating a progression tree on an open world" kind of easy.

Nothing else to add about the beginner experience as that's fairly good coverage.

Update on Razorbacks: They're actually dying kinda slowly - only about a quarter of them are gone at time of post. I got Magma Chamber to drop after only about 5-6 runs, which is frankly insane luck, but I will at least be trying quite a bit more to secure the Arch-Melee equivalent, Searing Steel. At which point, I only plan to grind the place if I need to contribute to save relays. I have much more to do with the Fomorian.

Still gonna get more Cryptographic Alu, so I'll likely be on the Salacia node quite a bit tonight.

And Sisters of Parvos just landed. I'll be pursuing a Magnetic Tenet Detron as my first Sister weapon (assuming the same element structure as Kuva Liches, I should try bringing Harrow into the Granum Void) - Condition Overload might have gotten a massive nerf, but 4 complex elements in the same gun (or 3 complex and 1 simple) is still insane.

DE spooked me a bit by dropping a bunch of Forma into my inbox (turns out it was a mastery rank thing).

Also, I DEFINITELY need to level up my Railjack Intrinsics soon. Maybe I'll do some Void Storm missions as I can mix relics in at the same time that way.

EDIT: Given DE's trend.... I have to legit wonder how an Infested nemesis would work. One of my first thoughts, that of being an Infested variant of one of Alad V's Amalgams, is probably right out given what those Amalgams actually are. Other thought is some upgraded form of the Zealoid Prelate. We'll have to give it a couple years I guess.

Last edited:

Attaman

I'm trying to remember how long ago the changeover was, as when I started it was Excalibur, Mag or Loki. I knew they changed it to Volt as Loki seemed really out of place as a starter, I just.... can't remember when.
IIRC the original squad was Excalibur, Mag, Ember, and Rhino. At some point Ember was swapped out with Loki, around the time of Lech Kril becoming a proper boss I think? Then both Loki and Rhino were eventually phased out with Volt.

It's changed a bunch.

Loki still made some things fairly easy, just... not "invalidating a progression tree on an open world" kind of easy.
Yeah. Loki starter also had the advantage of being before a lot of mechanical changes meaning the low armor, health, and shields didn't come up too often (IIRC this was still pre-Survival and Endless getting to the points that people running into level 100+ enemies).

And Sisters of Parvos just landed. I'll be pursuing a Magnetic Tenet Detron as my first Sister weapon (assuming the same element structure as Kuva Liches, I should try bringing Harrow into the Granum Void) - Condition Overload might have gotten a massive nerf, but 4 complex elements in the same gun (or 3 complex and 1 simple) is still insane.
I'm mixed about the melee nerfs. I understand that they had to happen, but unfortunately losing out on CO and BR means that some weapons are going to go back to the bin (since a couple melee weapons only just were viable because of how easily they could RedCrit and / or stack obscene status effect variety). That said I am past MR12 and have played for years so for me all the changes are mostly hypothetical.

Also, I DEFINITELY need to level up my Railjack Intrinsics soon. Maybe I'll do some Void Storm missions as I can mix relics in at the same time that way.
If they didn't change it around, IIRC Intrinsic growth is boosted by Affinity Boosters too. Either way, keep in mind that the fastest way to get Intrinsics is ironically to be Bad At Railjack. The more boarding parties you kill, the more fighters you chew through, the more Intrinsics you'll get. Conversely surgical in-and-out, "Only do the minimum to complete your objective" runs will leave you high and dry.
EDIT: Given DE's trend.... I have to legit wonder how an Infested nemesis would work. One of my first thoughts, that of being an Infested variant of one of Alad V's Amalgams, is probably right out given what those Amalgams actually are. Other thought is some upgraded form of the Zealoid Prelate. We'll have to give it a couple years I guess.
Well, in ages past (ages past enough that even you might remember too!), we had Corpus Assassination Alerts with generic Infested Ancient "Ambassadors" (this was also the era of Jackal "Ambassadors" from the Corpus). DE could probably go back to this if short on ideas. Could even tie in with the Infested Ancient Synthesis Lore too. Main other idea I can think of is, since Corpus have Sentients and the Grineer are inferred to have caused the current Infestation outbreak (or at least the uncontained aspect of it), it's some sort of Grineer experiment that got out of hand because "Play stupid games with the Infested, win stupid prizes".

"We'll make our own Warframes! With Kuva, and Old Strains! In fact, forget the Warframes!"

Firuthi Dragovic

Noted about Railjack, don't have much to add about the rest at the moment. Though I admit I kinda forgot that little detail about the Infested's uncontained aspect.

I actually went Magnetic Flux Rifle, rather than Detron, as my first Sister's weapon, as I'm still not used to how Granum Void plays (plus, I was using Harrow there with a Xoris, which is barely good enough alone for Rank 1 but NOT good enough to handle the likes of a Protea farm. But I wanted Magnetic, using Octavia and her Mallet would have yielded Radiation, and I'm not exactly up to par with Mesa or Mag. PLEASE take a lesson from me and don't bring a support frame into that place alone) and (like the first Lich) didn't want to take forever waiting for the perfect gear. So that and the Detron will swap places in my list.

And I may work with groups to spawn a future Sister so I can take a few shots at Protea, Stahlta, and Stropha parts (which require max kills) while I'm at it. Don't know yet.

Attaman

Going to give a big pair of Yareli tips for her quest in Warframe, since I know many people tend to ignore K-Drive entirely the second they get the cosmetics they want and have an Archwing:

1) The race next to the Temple of Profit has a base reward of something like 5K points / reputation. This is higher than every single minimum K-Drive Race requirement for the quest. So don't fret about trying to pull off sick tricks in the middle of a sub-minute time rush: Just go there, finish the race, then bounce back to Fortuna.

2) The largest of the long pipes behind Fortuna's entrance / exit (as well as the straightest) is your go-to for easy x10 combo, length-based moves, and high-score moves. Why? If you get the feel for velocity you need before and after, as well as jump high enough at each end, you can readily just grind down one length of the pipe, go airborne, turn around, and resume your grind the way you just came. And repeat this as many times as necessary.

Are both of these utterly cheap and defeating the point of the Quest? Yeah. Do they save you a bunch of frustration and overcoming muscle memory, allowing you to tap in and out in a matter of minutes per page? Also yeah.

Firuthi Dragovic

Addendum on Railjack:

Long survival/defense/Orphix missions are also good for Intrinsics, if you can convince players to actually bother with them. Unfortunately, good luck getting anyone to go there.

Now for some equipment updates. I did get a few extra Primes recently, including Stradavar Prime, but I'm WAY behind on Relic farming. Odds are I will not make the full count by TennoCon since I got distracted with so many other things.

I hit rank 4 with Solaris United today, which means I can finally get the Kitguns I wanted. Tombfinger-Haymaker-Splat, and Vermisplicer-Brash-Ramflare (I have Rivens for both chambers involved). I have also learned NOT to let other Tenno name my guns, as I asked for a firework name for the Tombfinger and.... got something crude. (I didn't use that name obviously.)

Also.... with the implications of "hey this gun could be used to build something else" NOT being a threat to most of my inventory any time soon.... I think it's finally time I throw out a HUGE number of weapons, so I'm not relying on continual use of Platinum to hold my burgeoning inventory. Here are my rules as of now:
  • Primed Weapons and Frames stay in my inventory permanently. I'm not repeating grinds for THAT sort of thing.
  • Anything I gave an Eidolon Lens to in my last spending spree stays permanently. I don't regret those choices I made.
  • If it can go over level 30, it stays in my inventory permanently. (I'm not at a place where I'm dealing with duplicate Kuva/Tenet weapons for a LONG time.)
  • Syndicate weapons - ESPECIALLY if they're from Perrin, Red Veil, or New Loka - stay permanently, even if I already have a Prime variant. I'm on the Meridian/Arbiters/Suda side of the Syndicate equation.
  • If I need a Simaris blueprint to build the weapon again, it is staying UNLESS I have a Syndicate or Prime version of the weapon already.
  • If I already needed at least one weapon to build the weapon in question, it stays permanently. (I'm looking at you, Proboscis Cernos.)
  • Wraith and Vandal weapons stay unless I have a Prisma or Prime or Syndicate variant.
  • MOST of the gear for which I have Riven mods stays. If a gun is truly bad enough not to be salvageable with a Riven, I'll eventually do an Eidolon run for Riven Transmuters sometime later. (And some of the weapons for which I have Rivens have Kuva or Tenet variants.)
  • If I've spent more than 2 Forma in the weapon, it is staying unless I have no other choice.
  • I'm not crying over lost Catalysts, but if I can get rid of enough guns without wasting Catalyst weapons I'll keep them.
I'll give a full tally later, but I am probably STILL throwing out over two dozen weapons on these parameters. I use a lot of weapons as whims permit, but NOT the sheer quantity I actually have.

UPDATE: Following those criteria? I still got rid of a whopping THIRTY-EIGHT weapons. Dear lord, I've been hoarding like CRAZY.

Last edited:

Attaman

Eyy, another on the Steel / Arbiter / Cephalon team.

Of note, I would suggest generally saving 2-3 trash weapons you grinded to Rank 30 simply for easy "Forma an item" fodder re:Nightwave. On one hand it means selling a Forma'd weapon after, but on the other Forma is rather cheap and easy to get and it saves future grinding (sort of like how I always suggest saving a couple handfuls of Ayatans w/o stars simply to streamline that Nightwave objective).

I have to force myself to grind something like a dozen melee weapons at some point (and then after that force myself to toss another half-dozen pistols), so I know the pain, but at the same time I tend not to accumulate equipment that fast so I haven't been in a rush there for a while. My current bottleneck is Companions (since I haven't the energy to grind every variety of companion to Gilded equivalent, but I also don't want to toss them or Sentinels) and Vehicles (since the number's slowly climbing and collecting them tends to be more like Warframes than Weapons).

Firuthi Dragovic

Eyy, another on the Steel / Arbiter / Cephalon team.

Of note, I would suggest generally saving 2-3 trash weapons you grinded to Rank 30 simply for easy "Forma an item" fodder re:Nightwave. On one hand it means selling a Forma'd weapon after, but on the other Forma is rather cheap and easy to get and it saves future grinding (sort of like how I always suggest saving a couple handfuls of Ayatans w/o stars simply to streamline that Nightwave objective).

I have to force myself to grind something like a dozen melee weapons at some point (and then after that force myself to toss another half-dozen pistols), so I know the pain, but at the same time I tend not to accumulate equipment that fast so I haven't been in a rush there for a while. My current bottleneck is Companions (since I haven't the energy to grind every variety of companion to Gilded equivalent, but I also don't want to toss them or Sentinels) and Vehicles (since the number's slowly climbing and collecting them tends to be more like Warframes than Weapons).
Re:Nightwave Forma... I think I underexplained the problem with my inventory.

For the first several years I played, I was with a couple other dedicated players. I got peer-pressured into holding almost everything on the basis of "it can be used later". That thirty-eight weapon figure I mentioned? I don't even think that's 20% of my weapon inventory, and almost all of those guns are level 30.

See how I got to MR 26?

As far as grinding - I actually just finished grinding Zaws and I think I have like 3-4 Archwing weapons left to go (including one melee that's ALL on the wrong side of the Syndicates, so there's another trade sequence). My main bottlenecks are Kitguns, Companions (both MOAs and those new Cambion Drift pets), Steel Path, and the Kuva/Tenet gear.

Attaman

Let’s see. Checking my Inventory, I’m at…

44 Warframes. If I didn’t recently scrap two of them to Helminth, it’d be 46, but I’d also have no more spare slots.

112 weapons, with another 12 slots open (at least 8 of which were in use at one point, so my high being 120).

13 companions (+ 7 Weapons).

5 Vehicles (7 if including Necramechs).

… and that’s generally about it. I have less Archwing weapons than I probably should, and I don’t think there’s any other bottlenecks except Rivens (of which I have lowered myself down to 26/30).

The hoarding is real.

Firuthi Dragovic

Mastery rank 27 is now mine!

Also, my Kuva/Tenet sequence has gone pretty much completely off the rails. After the Magnetic Flux Rifle, I tried for a Radiation Kuva Ayanga. Two hours of attempts later, I settled for a Radiation Kuva Grattler - it was still an Archgun and that mattered the most.

Remembering that experience, when I couldn't get a Magnetic Tenet Detron on the first two tries, I saw "Tenet Diplos" after bringing Mesa (NOT Prime - yet) into the Granum Void and decided to cut my losses.

She's my current nemesis. She at least seems to only care about money, unlike the Kuva Liches.

From this point, I instead go for "new weapons only". It's clear I'm not going to get what I want, when I want it. My rule is also "no using the same Frame twice" (I have used Oberon, Wisp, Harrow, Octavia, and now Mesa so far) until I get a full suite of weapons, and THAT one for the most part can hold.

Also, I have my MOA build order set - I will build, rank, and gild the full set of 4 eventually, but I'm only keeping one of them. Unlike the Kitguns and Zaws, I don't see a lot of use in keeping multiple MOAs, especially when I THINK any MOA precept fits in any MOA.

.....I REALLY need to focus on relics for the next week up until TennoCon lands, so probably no new progress updates before then unless I hit my full target. It's all relics, sorties, and most likely nothing else unless I get hit with a FULL suite of Interceptions, Disruptions, and Defenses on the Void Fissure list.

UPDATE: Well I WASN'T going to do an update, but a few things have happened.

First off... with Ducats, I am going to fall WELL short of all my targets. HOWEVER... I still wind up with at least 8,400 Ducats at this time, and will have more by the end of this. That is STILL enough to get Primed Chamber, all the Baro weapons I'm missing, Primed Animal Instinct and Primed Rubedo-Lined Barrel, along with a few decorative items like the Ephemera. And 10 each of the Aklex and Akvasto relics, of which I need only the link from both to make their respective Primes.

I will be able to secure the most important items during TennoCon. I consider Primed Chamber and Primed Animal Instinct the two critical mods, and in fact have been saving a stock of Endo (I admit I removed all the sculptures I had hoarded in my Orbiter for this. I'm actually not a fan of using Ayatan sculptures as decorations anymore) SPECIFICALLY for Primed Animal Instinct.

Second... in the process of getting more Axi relics, I managed to make it to Old Mate with Solaris United. I've also done the first three parts of the Profit-Taker heists. So... I have Gravimags and an Archgun Deployer! I confess I bought one Gravimag with Platinum so I could have both my Phaedra and Kuva Grattler available as Heavy Weapons. I eventually plan on Velocitus and Fluctus as Heavy Weapons, and maybe Prisma Dual Decurions and Imperator Vandal eventually - but those Gravimags will all be BUILT. Only other weapon I'd buy a Gravimag with Platinum for is Kuva Ayanga.

Third... I may have finally found a weapon that justifies an Ammo Mutation mod. I have been baffled by these things for AGES, but the Kuva Bramma fits the bill as going from an occasional BFG (or BFB I guess?) to a regular-use weapon with an Ammo Mutation mod (and an entertaining piece for bow-only Sorties). Any advice for other weapons that can justify the mod?

Fourth... during the relic grind, not only do I have all of the Requiem keywords (although I want another Vome) but I was able to secure Mesa Prime. There are several items where I'm just one off at this point - including Gara Prime (main blueprint), and ALL THREE of the missing Prime Warframes (Equinox Systems, Hydroid Chassis, Limbo Neuroptics).

I still get this feeling Mesa's going to be the only one I can consider adding to my "stable" of frequent-use Warframes, however.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

Alright, so.... TennoCon is just around the corner.

Rewards for watching it are a Loki Prime (which I do not need) and a new gunblade (which I will be getting). There's also an armor set and weapon skin you can get for staying in the relays through the TennoLive event I believe? And giveaways, but I'm not worried about those right now.

And speaking of weapon skins, they're apparently bringing the Unreal Tournament weapon skins back one more time - and this time, I WILL remember to snag them.

And.... I walk into Baro's with about 9,000 or so Ducats, assuming I do no farming tomorrow. I might be able to scrape together another 1000 if I hit the relics hardcore enough, but probably not much more than that.

I have my shopping list set at least. And I may scrimp on the Aklex/Akvasto relics at first to make room for the few cosmetics I insist on having - my original list called for 10 of each relic, I may start with 5.

Expecting to do some fashion stuff tomorrow - I'm likely walking into that relay with my Excal Prime all decked out.

Attaman

I need to get some last minute farming done, and will in all honesty probably have an enormous post-TennoCon burnout, but definitely planning to set aside some time for the event.

May or may not do the mega-grind to try to purchase Primed Chamber, but not holding my breath on it at the moment as that's a hell of an investment that's only used in, like, 2-3 weapon builds. More likely is a bunch of Cosmetics, a handful of mods (I don't think I snagged a Primed Cryo Rounds yet, for example), maybe a couple Relics, and then after that whatever's left on Dojo decorations.

Firuthi Dragovic

So, @Firuthi Dragovic , we're in agreement: We launch an effort to rescue the unit that is KAHL-175?
Agreed.

There was SO much to unpack from this stream (I saw some of the beginning, then stayed for the actual TennoLive event) that I'm not even sure where to begin.

At the beginning the big laugh I got was from Mother's voice actor. True to character.

I'll actually talk about the lesser stuff in this post:
-Current Nightwave ends in a week and a half. July 28th. August 4th is when the next one starts.
-Nidus Prime. I assume this also means Hema Prime and Hirudo Prime, as those two weapons were in the same update as Nidus. Eh, I'll work up to it, but still won't buy another Prime Access until Harrow Prime.
-CROSSPLAY and mobile version! Twitch chat was whining about how it's going to hurt the Eidolon hunts, but... wasn't one of the devs playing on mobile for an Eidolon hunt at one point? I hope I didn't misremember what they were saying there...

And some of the Baro stuff from me: I basically got all that I said I would. I'm actually getting MORE Relics while this thing is still open. because I have such bad luck with those things - I want to see if I can build a third Vasto so I don't have to use my good one for the Akvasto (I got the link I needed fairly quickly), and Aklex... the part I need there is the rare drop, so it's the expected difficulties really. If I get everything I need and there's Ducats left over, I'll get missing glyphs and sigils. I will wait until Baro's usual rotations to pick up Prime mods I'm missing.

(Wound up getting the Aksomati Link I needed during the Aklex/Akvasto farm so far, so that's another Prime down anyways.)

I've been experimenting with Primed Chamber in a builder... and let's just say... with Primed Chamber and Depleted Reload, I can (theoretically) make Vectis Prime and Rubico Prime both outshine my Vulkar Wraith in sustained and burst DPS respectively with one Forma and NO Riven (compared to 4 Forma and a Riven for the Vulkar). At minimum for Eidolon hunts... and since I didn't need Heavy Caliber to make this happen, most likely for other things too. Vulkar and I had a good run, it just can't compete with the major rare mod I worked to get.

Now... where to begin with Kahl, Veso, and Teshin....? Or the Zariman Ten-Zero incident (or as Twitch chat kept calling it, "highschool")?

UPDATE: Post-TennoCon wrap-up... I'm done with Baro this time and done with relics for this week. 30-something Radiant A2 relics with no success... and then I switch to running ONLY A2 (meaning I run Intacts as well) and I get the Aklex Link in about 6-7 more tries... off an INTACT. Those Traces were such a waste.

I'm glad to be done with acquiring that weapon.

I still have about 10 of those relics... but pretty much all of my other Axi relics are vaulted ones, meaning I'd basically HAVE to run those Radiant. And I'm pretty low on Neo relics too. So before I do much more with Neo or Axi relics, I will need to grind a good stockpile of both. On a quick glance about relic farming, that means the Marduk node in the Void, Xini on Eris, Apollo on Lua, and/or possibly that weird Infested Salvage mission on Eris.

I worry less about this if the next frame to be retired is Atlas - as I'm still short one Tekko Blade, and that's currently only on an Axi relic. Meaning I'm ready to dump everything I've got in that situation to prevent myself being shorted a Prime.

Beyond this? Most of the stuff I still need from vaulted Primes has been on Axi relics at SOME point at least (except the missing Equinox piece, that's off Meso apparently). And most are the rares off their respective relics, with the rest being commons... except for the piece I'm missing off of Hydroid, apparently. I will have to re-check that.

Anyways... if I log into this game at all before Wednesday, there are exactly TWO things I'm doing. The Sortie... or grinding the Teralyst. I BADLY need to work on the Quills Arcanes.

Once I resume on Wednesday, it's time to take on the rest of the Fortuna stuff I left behind in my mad dash for Ducats. I need to fish up a LOT of Brickies. I am also seriously looking into working on Cambion Drift and the Necramechs.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

So, uh, I tried to do Teralyst stuff.

I know we talked about the appropriate amps/builds at length, but as I'm still working on Amp mastery ranks and my best is a 2-2-2 I REFUSE to fight this thing alone in my current state. Even with Volt. Still way too stressful and slow to manage all of it alone.

It's back to being a low-priority farm unless I play on a weekend or a time when a LOT of players are on at once. My goals with that part of the farm are maxing out Magus Husk and Magus Vigor, to make my Operator as tough as possible, as well as get the Cetus Wisps to build the pieces for a 1-2-3 amp that will make this less stressful and most of the 6-2-3 amp (I already plan to name it the Dragon Punch, and if you know your fighting games you'll recognize the pun instantly) that will be my "general use" amp going forward. (I'll build a 1-7-7 later... not a priority right now.) If I go for any of the Virtuos Arcanes, it's likely Strike or Shadow and it won't happen until I get the 1-7-7.

(EDIT: Or whatever amp I wind up getting. Saw a really devastating player in an Eidolon farm use 7-4-7 - or what I'm going to call "the Boeing build" - as his amp and let me tell you, it was NUTS. I'll have to weigh my options, especially given I have pretty much the full Unairu tree and basically nothing in Madurai at present.)

Aaaanyways.... Nightwave wants me to kill Profit-Taker. That's one for which I most likely bring Rhino or maybe even a Frost with minimum Range (I only need the Globe bubbles as a defense boost, max). I MIGHT be able to get all the elements covered if I bring a Saryn, but I think using the Operator to cycle weaknesses is smarter.

UPDATE: Profit-Taker actually went well for a first run. Forgot to put Arcanes in my Rhino, so I was down to my last life, but even with the extra enemies this fight is WAY easier than the two later Eidolons. I just got bad luck with elemental range (he NEVER went Corrosive, which I had on my shotgun). Will kit for longer-range combat as well as a better element spread next time (I wonder if I should try my Scourge for both as I can get three complex elements on that thing. It's that or the Bramma, and likely my Diplos for the secondary as it's got Magnetic for free on it).

Farming the things needed for Vox Solaris standing is going to be a lot more painful. I know the Spaceport is a passable place for Vega Toroids, but I'm probably going to have to spam bounties for anything else. Rank 3 is where things will actually get fun as I'll be able to buy up the parts for Gravimags with Standing - at which point I will promptly enhance the rest of my Archguns (and save one Gravimag for the Larkspur).

I also fished and mined until I had enough Servofish parts and ores that I could build all of the Moa companions' parts, which I will be assembling into Moas tomorrow. I still have Kitguns to go but that should be most of Solaris United's stuff done. On to Cambion to work on the Necramech, I think - I'll come back for 'Frames later.

Last edited:

Attaman

The best thing I can say about Toroid farming is "At least DE fixed the bug wherein Toroids only spawned from Raknoids". Still a royal pain in the rump, particularly those at the Temple of Profit. If you are going to buckle down for a Toroid farm you'll really want some Resource boosters (chance, quantity, whichever) and Nekros to speed things up as much as you possibly can.

E: For clarification for those just getting into Warframe, Toroids are a relatively "rare" (more than Uncommon, but less than Rare) drop from enemies in specific locations in the "Orb Vallis" Open World tileset. Every now and then, enemies will drop them and they might be used in both a few crafting components and to rank up with Little Duck for Operator swag on Venus.

Now, in and of itself farming for individual ones is rarely too bad. If you just need to grab 1-2 to tap off for a Blueprint? Go wild! But notably you tend to need them in 10's to reach a new rank with Vox Solaris (on top of whatever you're trading in for the Reputation in the first place: Something that very well may be standard Toroids if you aren't high enough MR to comfortably run Profit-Taker).

This being a relatively rare drop is compounded by the fact that enemy spawning is... finnicky, on Venus, by design. And that you will - barring a few Bounties - almost never get large quantities spawning in certain Toroid 'Farm' locations.

So you will be killing Corpus in pockets of 5-10 at a time. Over and over. Until you get 10+ of the desired Toroid.

This is where Nekros and resource boosters come in, as Nekros has a power that allows you to effectively 'roll' twice for enemy drops (not quite, there's a math to it, but for most purposes that's what counts / is going on). Throw in either a Drop Chance (doubles the odds of something being dropped by most enemies) and / or a Resource (doubles the quantities of most Resources picked up) Booster, and you at least cut down the time spent blowing up small fire-teams significantly.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

So... I've had a look ahead to the Entrati and the Necraloid, to see how leveling is going to go with them.

The fact that the bounties are paid in tokens rather than straight-up standing is good. Getting standing in a timely manner is going to be relatively painless.

I will need to level Entrati to rank 2 to acquire the parts needed for Necraloid rank 2, which will give me access to Voidrig. I'll have to learn how Isolation Vaults go, and that's probably not going to be worse than the Eidolons.

The problem is rank 3 of Necraloid, needed for Bonewidow. To get one of the pieces necessary, I will need rank 3 with the Entrati... which requires Tags. Meaning, I now HAVE to learn Conservation if I want to advance a Syndicate.

My last experience with Conservation indicated that Loki is not good enough for it. I have to switch away from the Tranq Rifle to re-enable stealth with that guy.

I had to put a Forma in my Ivara recently, but after a trip to Helene tomorrow I will see if a specialized Ivara build that emphasizes Duration and Efficiency (with a little power for Infiltrate) will work well for this. Gonna practice in Cetus first and maybe do some stuff in Fortuna (I need to do a bit more fishing and mining to get the last Kitgun parts I want from there, which will only leave me Sporelacer's components from Cambion Drift) before I go for the real deal.

There are Companions I can get this way in Cambion Drift, so I was going to have to learn it eventually anyway.

Also... with the relic craze and TennoCon over, I think it might be time to bypass some of the hassle of the Prime parts I'm missing and just go to the Warframe Market to clean up the vaulted Primes and any current stuff I still need. Trade chat is practically useless for this sort of thing and I've got a lot of leftover Platinum from a recent coupon. I'm not sure what else I can do to get those items besides visit that place.

Here's what I'll ultimately need to buy:
Akbolto Barrel, Akbolto Receiver, Akjagara Barrel, Akjagara Receiver, 2 Akstiletto Receivers, Ballistica String, Cernos Blueprint, Equinox Systems, Euphona Receiver, Fragor Handle, Hydroid Chassis, 2 Kogake Gauntlets, 2 Nami Skyla Blades, Limbo Neuroptics, Pyrana Blueprint, Pyrana Receiver, Redeemer Handle, 2 Spira Blades, Spira Pouch, Sybaris Barrel, Tipedo Handle, Valkyr Chassis, Valkyr Systems, Nezha Chassis, Tekko Blade

With all this, new Companions and Kitguns, the fact that I'm building Garuda right now, and some Liches' and Sisters' weapons, I will hit MR 28 and MAY even hit MR 29. Even if I don't hit 29 just off this I still have a lot of gear waiting for me, plus I've done very little with Steel Path (which is going to require a DRASTICALLY different approach than I'm used to doing).

My current boosters are set to expire soon (except Affinity, I somehow got an extra free week of those and I don't know how), and I want to sort this before buying any new boosters.

I did some calculations, and if I get absolutely everything, I've missed few enough exclusives that I think the first Legendary rank is actually reachable. I'm not hard-pressing for it, even if MR 30 on its own provides a BIG number of benefits.

I'm blitzing kind of fast as it is. What is this... about a month and a half back in and I've jumped 4-5 Mastery Ranks in such a short time?

Last edited:

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
I'm very glad I managed to get Oberon back when it was easy as the parts were dropping from Eximus enemies. Now I got myself an Oryx helmet from Nightwave and... look ma, I'm an antelope!

Overall, Warframe for me is "came for the aesthetics, stayed for the mechanics". I treat it as a just a glorified breakneck-paced shooter. With bazillion of weapons, which is very much to my heart's content. But I care little for completionism and grind, instead taking things very leisurely. Basically I go and shoot first, where and how I bloody please, and only think what I can build from the loot later. The only detour into grind is where I absolutely must, such as beating bosses many times over to get new frames. This way, my progress is probably snail-paced compared to most, but I get maximum fun for myself as I go.

Firuthi Dragovic

I'm very glad I managed to get Oberon back when it was easy as the parts were dropping from Eximus enemies. Now I got myself an Oryx helmet from Nightwave and... look ma, I'm an antelope!

Overall, Warframe for me is "came for the aesthetics, stayed for the mechanics". I treat it as a just a glorified breakneck-paced shooter. With bazillion of weapons, which is very much to my heart's content. But I care little for completionism and grind, instead taking things very leisurely. Basically I go and shoot first, where and how I bloody please, and only think what I can build from the loot later. The only detour into grind is where I absolutely must, such as beating bosses many times over to get new frames. This way, my progress is probably snail-paced compared to most, but I get maximum fun for myself as I go.
Honestly? The snail-pace approach is probably the better one with this game.

My dive into the breakneck level curve is mainly a case of "OH I MISSED TWO YEARS, LET ME GET CAUGHT UP TO SPEED". Probably overdue to ease up on the boosters. Pretty much the only reasons to level are to access more equipment and, at the stage I'm in, to get more out of Syndicates and Focus per day and have more starting mod points for your weapons.

As I understand it, MR 30 grants a lot of loadout and Riven slots plus the ability to give people boosts in a Relay - and you never have to worry about losing part of a weapon config because of Forma ever again. Legendary rank only offers a special core that lets you max out any mod instantly, even (especially) the Primed mods the Void Trader gives.

Most of this doesn't really strike me as a big deal for someone taking the game slow. Weapon levels can be re-earned after putting in Forma (I once used to call them Jiggies, I also accept calling them "puzzle pieces"). That special core can come from other sources, even if I have never seen it drop from a Sortie ever. As for the Relay boosts? They're nice, but not an overriding requirement to getting anything.

I honestly am not diving as hardcore in as I could be, given that I generally refuse to buy weapons and 'Frames with Platinum and rushing Foundry items is something of a rarity for me. (I EARNED Harrow back in the day whereas one of my original group insisted on going the Platinum route.) Chroma and Zephyr Prime and their weapons were exceptions but that pack was part of the catch-up.

I wound up setting up the market buys for the missing Prime parts. We'll see how it goes. I DON'T have enough to activate a full set of long boosters and still complete all my buys, but the buys are bigger priority than getting more Traces or Toroids (I can wait a bit on Toroids) or Polymer Bundles.

....I use that particular common resource WAY too much given I've been using the Specter blueprints (I have them set up for Harrow, Trinity, Wisp, and Nova with varying builds) and I carry tons of Energy Restores with me.

Attaman

So... I've had a look ahead to the Entrati and the Necraloid, to see how leveling is going to go with them.
I'll give two tips with Loid: Nekros is your friend. As is just blitzing the initial Necramech, the Vault "Bonus" after the Necramech, then going straight back and starting over from the top. Once you no longer need a tier, don't look back.

Specifically: Nekros can drop additional matrixes and Necramech parts. Which are guaranteed drops per Necramech, versus fairly uncommon for follow-up Bounties (regardless of tier). The matrix tier and number of Necramechs present (thus the number of Matrix drops) both increase with higher level bounties, so whereas the first tier will barely yield 1-2k Reputation (due to 1-2 Matrixes), the third tier will yield 15-30k Reputation (due to 3-6 Matrixes, often with at least one successful Desecrate pop).
The fact that the bounties are paid in tokens rather than straight-up standing is good. Getting standing in a timely manner is going to be relatively painless.
Note that you're going to need at least 20 Grandmother Tokens as well for a Serishard Glass if you ever intend to max them out. After that, most of the stuff should be assorted junk from the progression trees.
I will need to level Entrati to rank 2 to acquire the parts needed for Necraloid rank 2, which will give me access to Voidrig. I'll have to learn how Isolation Vaults go, and that's probably not going to be worse than the Eidolons.
A group will be immensely helpful when running Isolation Vaults, if only because of how DE made Necramechs an enemy who're invulnerable except for three locations on their body (with all three locations being ones they actively make efforts to shield from you if Solo).

My last experience with Conservation indicated that Loki is not good enough for it. I have to switch away from the Tranq Rifle to re-enable stealth with that guy.
Conservation has become slightly less intolerable since they've changed it around so that you get more tags for better captures. A perfect capture is 3 tags, a good 2, and a bad 1.

Been playing since closed beta back in Feb 2013 and I'm still only MR18. "Go at your own pace" is a mood once you pass the MR10-12 hurdle.

As I understand it, MR 30 grants a lot of loadout and Riven slots plus the ability to give people boosts in a Relay - and you never have to worry about losing part of a weapon config because of Forma ever again. Legendary rank only offers a special core that lets you max out any mod instantly, even (especially) the Primed mods the Void Trader gives.
Yeah, after MR 16-ish MR is mostly a matter of convenience. By the time you hit 10-12 you should have most of the Star Chart unlocked, but on top of that by the time you hit MR16 you never have to worry about getting bad Riven rolls.

This might change over time, but considering how glacial DE has been to adjust things post-MR16 (outside stuff like Steel Path, anyways) I imagine there's still at least a year or two left.

Firuthi Dragovic

I'll give two tips with Loid: Nekros is your friend. As is just blitzing the initial Necramech, the Vault "Bonus" after the Necramech, then going straight back and starting over from the top. Once you no longer need a tier, don't look back.

Specifically: Nekros can drop additional matrixes and Necramech parts. Which are guaranteed drops per Necramech, versus fairly uncommon for follow-up Bounties (regardless of tier). The matrix tier and number of Necramechs present (thus the number of Matrix drops) both increase with higher level bounties, so whereas the first tier will barely yield 1-2k Reputation (due to 1-2 Matrixes), the third tier will yield 15-30k Reputation (due to 3-6 Matrixes, often with at least one successful Desecrate pop).
Nekros is admittedly one I was reluctant to put in my "stable" as back during my first 20+ ranks there was a player willing to play them consistently. He's currently the 'Frame in my "Weapon Grinder" loadout slot meant for fast leveling, as I had a spare Aura Forma (now THERE'S a mechanic I way overused as a paying player - the item that makes every Aura the "right" one for mod slot purposes in a single Warframe. Any 'Frame properly inducted into my "stable" has one. Non-paying players had, like, one chance to get that type of Forma so far without earning Platinum another way?).

Note that you're going to need at least 20 Grandmother Tokens as well for a Serishard Glass if you ever intend to max them out. After that, most of the stuff should be assorted junk from the progression trees.
Seriglass is also used for three weapon blueprints and I won't need it until the last rank otherwise, so yeah, I've got time for that one.

A group will be immensely helpful when running Isolation Vaults, if only because of how DE made Necramechs an enemy who're invulnerable except for three locations on their body (with all three locations being ones they actively make efforts to shield from you if Solo).
This is going to be one of those situations like the Ramparts in Sortie missions where they turn the parts faster than you can move around them, isn't it?

Anyways, as I was saying in the Vent thread, I got swarmed for three hours after putting the trade offers up on the Warframe Market. I've still got about 9 pieces to buy, but I basically ran out of trade orders for the day so I'm laying low until tonight where I'll finish this off.

There were a few etiquette things I noticed. Biggest thing is that people were sending the message and doing invites IMMEDIATELY, without waiting for a response or considering for what I was in at the time. That is something I actually consider rude, and during peak messaging swarm time those players got delayed while I dealt with people who were willing to let the other party talk.

The fact that people sell off pieces to other players when I don't respond immediately is just expected, people somehow manage to have worse patience than me (which is a miracle given what I stated over in the Vent thread). One of my sales and one of my buys went down the way they did specifically BECAUSE both sides had patience (what happened in both cases was that we got INTO THE DOJO just about to do the trade and the buyer had a freak connection issue - or in my case, a 2-second power brownout that delayed the trade by about 10 minutes in the end).

One of my buys (for a Pyrana piece I believe) was facilitated by a third party. As in, someone did the message, brought me into the dojo, and their friend is the one who had the piece. Caught me off guard, but I assume this is basically one of those language-interpreter situations as the actual person with the piece never said a word.

Overall, I've learned my lesson not to put more than 5 buy or sell orders, or 1 order for a really hot item either way, up on the Warframe Market as "visible" at once. And like I said... I'm probably going to be picky about what I put up for sale on that place. I might not worry about selling for 40 Platinum, but given I'm in a situation where I can actually respond to the coupons that come in on Daily Tribute sometimes I'm not going to obsess over getting a measly 5 Platinum for a piece. Plus I'm still in a spot where I value Ducats a lot more.

UPDATE: After two days of trading, I am finally, FINALLY caught up on all the Primes I've missed, and fully current. Pretty much any part that comes in, I can evaluate whether it's a sell or a Ducat item without having to worry about hoarding my own pieces. I will have Kitguns and Moas to grind for gilding and mastery rank. And I come out of this with more than enough Platinum to get a month of both resource boosters.

....which I will not be doing just yet. I may get small ones if I need them for the Matrices, but after the Necramech is acquired? I am slowing WAY down for a while. I have several goals: Steel Path, Liches/Sisters, Riven Mods (which means Sorties and getting Slivers when I have too many of the Lich keywords), Conservation (Ivara's gonna work most likely), and hoarding more Relics for the next wave. If we get a Double Resource weekend and I'm there for it, then it's time to get as much Kuva as I can, otherwise I hit that up sporadically.

I will NOT be grinding the Helene node to level up all the items I acquired, or even most of them. No, I plan to take them alongside my non-Steel-Path missions to level up now. The only things I'd consider using Helene for are Lich/Sister weapons (as I have to level those multiple times), and I will level Warframes there during those times (at least, the ones I have no plans to use).

Plan is to hit the game up for no more than an hour a day, not get upset if I miss a Sortie, and max out at 3 hours per day on a weekend. If that looks like a lot, in the last 2 weeks I've been playing for a whopping 61 hours. I'd be capping play at about 10 hours a week, or 20 hours for two weeks. So yeah, there's DEFINITELY a slowdown here, down to about a third of the time.

....oh, and I actually got INCREDIBLY lucky and managed to get all three Requiems (to make the rest of this make sense, I often call them "keywords") on the Kuva Tonkor lich on the second try. First try, the one keyword I knew didn't work as the start. I put it as the second, a keyword I've never had as the third, and put in one keyword that had only one use on its mod as the first. When the other players saw this go down, they thought I was using Oull (which, to be fair, I actually have two of that keyword, I just haven't used it yet).

I have 3 "defiled" keyword mods. One more and I'll transmute.

I still think 3 tries is a good lich standard unless they show up REALLY early. Settled for a Hind with the Electric element (Nova made this one) as the next one as I have a Riven for the Hind. Once I get this, I put an Impact weapon from the Sisters side (so Rhino gets to spawn a nemesis now) as my next nemesis and then I don't blitz that for a while. (EDIT: This turned out to be the Tetra. I REALLY wanted Arca Plasmor... but when I got two Flux Rifles and a Diplos, and am in the phase where I still need to get everything eventually? I'm not gonna whine too hard about it.)

This and a Necramech, that'll wrap up the blitz.

UPDATE 2: I ran a lot of Isolation Vaults. It turns out I not only have the parts to make Voidrig, thanks to getting the damaged parts with the last gasp of my resource booster I'm more-or-less at a point where I can build Bonewidow too. Because the vault I spammed was Tier 3, I MAY even have enough Matrices where I don't need to run Vaults, period.

"But Frosty, Bonewidow requires Cranial Foremounts, and the fish that drops those needs a bait that requires rank 4 Entrati!"

I got lucky. Daughter had some for sale for a small fee in Platinum. When you're that close, THAT kind of nudge is worth it. THIS is why you hold on to some chump-change Platinum whenever you can.

I WILL still need rank 3 to actually get Bonewidow's blueprint, but that's the only real hiccup there.

NOW I can slow down.

Last edited:

Firuthi Dragovic

Okay, so now that I'm the phase of actually slowing down... there are some things I want to do with my arsenal.

Namely, because I have a lot of gear with Eidolon lenses in it, I actually want to start standardizing the colors in my weaponry and loadout. Certain 'frames and weapons having certain color schemes (in particular energy colors) to match their schools.

Yeah, it's "fashion 'frame" time.

So, I've got six sets of "color standards" to make here - one for each of the five focus schools, and a sixth for "no school". Possibly a seventh if a weapon is "this is MR fodder" kinds of unfitting to my playstyle, but I'm not going there QUITE yet.

I have no idea what colors would fit with most of the schemes. I just know at this point that having a standard cyan-and-pink color scheme for every 'Frame gets downright butt-ugly with a lot of them - and it's time to change that.

No, not even that color scheme in my Operator. I will want to change it from brown-and-purple, but I'm most likely not going all bright colors with that one. I'll have to experiment.

Anyways, the only one I fully know for sure is Naramon. I already know I want a red energy color... and given that's the Focus path for my two stealth 'Frames and several stealth weapons, I was thinking gold and green as the main colors. (Yes, I went full '80s with this one.)

I also plan to test energy colors for the others. Current considerations are pink for Madurai (that color REALLY helps with telling that Nova's ult got someone), green or brown with Vazarin (plague colors suit Saryn), blue-white or purple for Zenurik (Volt is on that one and I want his powers to look like ACTUAL lightning), and orange for Unairu (it mainly goes with an awesome white-and-orange scheme I had at one point for the Harrow).

Here are all the 'Frames in specific schools in my case:
Madurai: Chroma, Nova, Octavia, Trinity
Zenurik: Oberon, Rhino, Volt
Vazarin: Excalibur, Saryn, Wisp
Naramon: Atlas, Ivara, Khora, Loki, Mesa
Unairu: Frost, Harrow, Inaros

I won't list every weapon I have designated by lens, at least not here. We'd be here for a while if I did. Let's just note that any Kuva/Tenet weapon I have lensed is currently for Madurai and leave it at that (Tonkor's being set to Naramon once it's maxed as its base one is set to Naramon right now, I don't know what I'll do with the Hind).

(I also have to sort out my Syandanas. My rule with them is that I am not to use the same one twice, and I think I have enough at this point to fit that rule for every 'Frame in the game. I DEFINITELY have enough to fit every 'Frame I use on a semi-regular basis.)

Any suggestions as far as colors in particular?