• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Warhammer 40K miniatures into Furrys?

Kreok

First of. I am new with all of this.
I am new to this concept of forums. No idea how this works.
I am new to Fur Affinity. I know that I am a Furry, but I still do not know to what extent.

Now. To the question.

I want help to find an site, where I can get miniature parts. Furry, miniature parts.
I am playing Imperial Guard in Warhammer 40K. And I would like to make furry Cadian's.
I would Really like to make Furry Cadian's. Both male and female. Even different species.
I got inspired by a picture that I found (hopefully I managed to upload it), but I could not find anywhere to get this project to start.

Will someone help me, if they know how to find things for this?

Attachments

• am5RLpv_460swp~2.jpg
    am5RLpv_460swp~2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 14

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
You're not new to this, I remember you made an identical thread months ago

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
If you want something that is like a furry army in 40 you may want to try Leman Russ's Space Wolves.

Kreok

You're not new to this, I remember you made an identical thread months ago
Yeah... That is true. But I still consider myself new to the forum format.
And I did not get that much responses, on my other thread. And ssaannttoo thought that I should ask around instead.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Yeah... That is true. But I still consider myself new to the forum format.
And I did not get that much responses, on my other thread. And ssaannttoo thought that I should ask around instead.
Not an issue =) so I take it you've not found what you're looking for yet?

Spitfire110

Bersaglieri
Not too rain on your parade but there are many issues with this. If you plan on taking your army to Shops, any shop owned or associated with GW won't let you use your models, they don't allow third party parts. Also I hope you plan to plan with only your close buddies, you'll certainly catch a few odd looks or more from other players. 40k fans aren't known for being accepting of certain fandoms.

RogueNoodle

toe bean enthusiast
I'm not into Warhammer, but I do play D&D and love custom minis. There are sites like Hero Forge and Eldritch Foundry that will let you pick out features and clothing to make your own minis. They can send them to you in a variety of materials or (from what I last remember) will also allow you to buy the necessary stuff to 3D print them yourself. Some of the smaller details get lost in the printing process which is to be expected. They're a fairly popular resource so I'm sure a quick google search will let you find some examples of their work. There's lots of customizing you can do. Take my advice with a grain of salt since I'm not too familiar with Warhammer! And depending on how many you want, this option can get a little pricey.

Kreok

Not too rain on your parade but there are many issues with this. If you plan on taking your army to Shops, any shop owned or associated with GW won't let you use your models, they don't allow third party parts. Also I hope you plan to plan with only your close buddies, you'll certainly catch a few odd looks or more from other players. 40k fans aren't known for being accepting of certain fandoms.
It really touch my heart to hear that from you.
Nope. I was just going to have it for private use, or on some bigger matches.

Kreok

I'm not into Warhammer, but I do play D&D and love custom minis. There are sites like Hero Forge and Eldritch Foundry that will let you pick out features and clothing to make your own minis. They can send them to you in a variety of materials or (from what I last remember) will also allow you to buy the necessary stuff to 3D print them yourself. Some of the smaller details get lost in the printing process which is to be expected. They're a fairly popular resource so I'm sure a quick google search will let you find some examples of their work. There's lots of customizing you can do. Take my advice with a grain of salt since I'm not too familiar with Warhammer! And depending on how many you want, this option can get a little pricey.
You are completely right. And I just love the times I just sit by Hero Forge, and click on things, just to get a image of a cool character.
I too am a roleplayer, and a game master. So I have thought about similar to those custumizers.
But, as you stated. Since I would need an army, it would be more expensive from them.

But I am glad for your help and suggestions.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Much belatedly, seeing how this thread's seen multiple iterations over several months now, but in general: If modifying pre-existing models to have features of anthropomorphic animals, you're probably going to want a model vice, a small modeling drill bit, some metal to use with the bit, and some green stuff / modeling putty, for making tails.

I say this as, barring somebody either having a dirt cheap 3D printing option (of which there's none I'm aware of at this time) or taking the time and money and effort to buy a lot of scrap models to make use of pre-existing tails (Ex: Stealing the wolf tail from Goblin Wolf Riders, carving up Seraphon models to get reptilian tails, etcetera), most tails are probably going to need to be individually made. The minus side is going to be figuring out where on the models you want to implement them, as well as getting them to look like they fit. Also, if you can't find a model vice, you probably are going to jab (see: stab) your thumb and / or pointer finger with the drill bit. A lot. The plus side is that having even just a minor metal frame around which to build the tail will help a ton with keeping the tails from breaking off every single time you pack them up / bring them out.

As for heads... You'll probably have more luck with finding pre-made heads to work with. Whether they'll be in a reasonable price range or the proper scale is another matter, as the HC SVNT DRACONES miniature store shows, but there are various options. My word of advice in regards to heads is to never, ever buy more than one sprue and / or pack of heads (or other parts, for that matter!) from any supplier until you can confirm their quality, scale, workability with the models you intend to use as a base, because as said at the beginning model scale and style can vary significantly between each producer. Sometimes one line's 20mm heads won't work with other 20mm models because one's heroic scale and the other realistic, while other times one line's 30mm heads can work with some 20mm miniatures due to style variances but not others, etcetera etcetera.

Lastly, you should probably decide early on if it's a general Hobbyist / small-scale DMing thing (like for games of Only War) or if you intend to use them in games (particularly in GW shops, Hobby Shops in general, or exclusively at home among friends). As said earlier, Games-Workshop is very specific about only letting official GW models be used in their store. And while you could probably get away with it if the only things that're different are heads and custom additions made via green stuff and / or official bits (ex: You made literal Space Wolves by slapping on carefully cut wolf heads and tails from other GW models), they absolutely will not let you use their table space as free advertisement for another company's miniatures. General / Third-party hobby shops tend to be more forgiving in that regard, but also are extremely hit or miss on the community inside (I had to abandon one because, I shit you not, people within openly compared various minority demographics to species of apes and openly espoused the Fluoride Mind Control conspiracy of all things) and I strongly recommend scoping them out for a visit or five before trying any such thing.

Thirdly on the "should probably decide early on", it's important to decide because... well, scale. Not lizard scale, but scale of "how much can your wallet cry": If you only intend to make, like, 1-2 dozen models tops you can get away with more expensive, better quality, more-work-to-deal-with heads and such if you intend to make a full blown 1.5-2K point WH40K army. Spending $40 on a dozen heads to make a cool looking 40K Kill-Team or customized Only War group or something? Perfectly fine! Spending $400 to barely get enough heads for a 2K point IG army? Not as easy to justify.