• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Warhammer 40K miniatures to Furry?!

Kreok

First of. I am new with all of this.
I am new to this concept of forums. No idea how this works.
I am new to Fur Affinity. I know that I am a Furry, but I still do not know to what extent.

Now. To the question.

I want help to find an site, where I can get miniature parts. Furry, miniature parts.
I am playing Imperial Guard in Warhammer 40K. And I would like to make furry Cadian's.
I would Really like to make Furry Cadian's. Both male and female. Even different species.
I got inspired by a picture that I found (hopefully I managed to upload it), but I could not find anywhere to get this project to start.

Will someone help me, if they know how to fix this?
am5RLpv_460swp~2.jpg

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Maybe using skavens' heads, hands, feet and tails could be a good base

I had some cadians tho, and I've seen skavens being assembled, you would need a bit of tinkering with putty for it to work

Kreok

Maybe using skavens' heads, hands, feet and tails could be a good base

I had some cadians tho, and I've seen skavens being assembled, you would need a bit of tinkering with putty for it to work
Great idea about starting with some Cadian/Skaven. Just to get a start. And using putty is not any problems.
But I would like to have more Furry anthro. Like Beastars or DnD and similar.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Great idea about starting with some Cadian/Skaven. Just to get a start. And using putty is not any problems.
But I would like to have more Furry anthro. Like Beastars or DnD and similar.
You mean different species? then I don't have more ideas. I don't think there's too much anthros in the Citadel catalogue. You'd have to sculpt a lot. I once turned one of the giant skaven rats into a beaver (didn't take much effort tho); also sculpted a business suit on an ogre rat for fun. But putty is hard to work with :S
IMG_20201120_012616[1].jpg

Kreok

When you say "putty", you do not mean green stuff right?
I guess that you are right about that.
I will have to start with sculpting, or get me a 3D printer and do things from there.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
You could probably try looking at kitbash sites. Like pigiron miniatures, Anvil industries, or try alternative companies like Fireforge miniatures. (They make a kit of snakemen and gnolls).

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Get someone to 3D print parts for you if you don't want to buy a printer.

Faustus

Get someone to 3D print parts for you if you don't want to buy a printer.
This. Although, keep in mind that there's a reason why Warhammer miniatures are made in resin. Plastic-based printers won't give you the same level of detail, even assuming that you can find 3D models at the right size. A UV-cured-resin-based 3D printer is your best bet, but you should know that this will be more expensive to buy and run than an ABS or PLA based printer by quite an order of magnitude!

You've a few choices here
1) Use a 3D printing service like Shapeways or Protolabs - expensive per-unit costs, but cheaper than buying a printer and only making ten or twenty things on it.
2) Use a cheaper ABS-based 3D printer and use an acetone fume chamber to smooth off the rough edges. You lose some detail, but the 'stepping' effect caused by the low vertical resolution is greatly reduced.
3) Buy a cheaper resin-based printer and use third-party resins to reduce the running costs.

Kreok

You could probably try looking at kitbash sites. Like pigiron miniatures, Anvil industries, or try alternative companies like Fireforge miniatures. (They make a kit of snakemen and gnolls).
Kit-bash sites?!
I have never thought of that. Which makes me feel like an complete idiot. But I will definitely check it out... As soon as possible.
Do you know, by any means, how big the miniature parts is? Are they meant for 25mm or close to?

Kreok

This. Although, keep in mind that there's a reason why Warhammer miniatures are made in resin. Plastic-based printers won't give you the same level of detail, even assuming that you can find 3D models at the right size. A UV-cured-resin-based 3D printer is your best bet, but you should know that this will be more expensive to buy and run than an ABS or PLA based printer by quite an order of magnitude!

You've a few choices here
1) Use a 3D printing service like Shapeways or Protolabs - expensive per-unit costs, but cheaper than buying a printer and only making ten or twenty things on it.
2) Use a cheaper ABS-based 3D printer and use an acetone fume chamber to smooth off the rough edges. You lose some detail, but the 'stepping' effect caused by the low vertical resolution is greatly reduced.
3) Buy a cheaper resin-based printer and use third-party resins to reduce the running costs.
Yyeaahh....
I am not surprised that this 3D printing thing, would open up a whole technically discussion. Which is like old greek to me.
But. The 3D printing services (shapeways and protolabs), that is a great idea.
Thumb's up.

Kreok

Yeah, that friend was awesome. She made them herself. Super cool What about you?
In what way are you questioning me, "what about you"?
Are you questioning me if I have gotten forward with the discussion of doing my own 3D printing? Then I would have to say. No...
I am not that technological of me. And then it would also be a huge investment for me. Which I do not have any longer, after I just been laid off.

ssaannttoo

Joy Boi
In what way are you questioning me, "what about you"?
Are you questioning me if I have gotten forward with the discussion of doing my own 3D printing? Then I would have to say. No...
I am not that technological of me. And then it would also be a huge investment for me. Which I do not have any longer, after I just been laid off.
I'm very sorry about that, these times have affected all of us.

I meant minis do you have any? They dont need to be 3D printed.

Kreok

I'm very sorry about that, these times have affected all of us.

I meant minis do you have any? They dont need to be 3D printed.
This would eventually happen, so I am not that surprised.
My work, as an forklift driver at a factory, is one of the first job's that gets affected in a situation like this.
What is your line of work?

Ahaaa... I apologize. I did was not really sure what we were discussing.
Yes. I have minis. I play Warhammer fantasy and 40K, and from this is actually why I started this thread.

Faustus

A friend of mine recently dropped some photos on Instagram of models he's 3D printed on an Elegoo Mars 3D printer using a hybrid ABS-like resin, and it's not bad! If you don't need to make huge prints, the Elegoo brand printers are actually really cheap! I thought I'd mention this. He also recommended a site called MyMiniFactory, who have a selection of furry-themed printable figurines for sale at varying qualities.

Kreok

A friend of mine recently dropped some photos on Instagram of models he's 3D printed on an Elegoo Mars 3D printer using a hybrid ABS-like resin, and it's not bad! If you don't need to make huge prints, the Elegoo brand printers are actually really cheap! I thought I'd mention this. He also recommended a site called MyMiniFactory, who have a selection of furry-themed printable figurines for sale at varying qualities.

I will definitely check out this website.
Thank you very much.