• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Warning tag.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I honestly think that WARNING: Actual forums experience may differ should be added to the Introductions board's description. What's going on in there makes me sad and produces lots of newb posters with failed expectations.

You know, the Adventure Game Studio forum had a mandatory quiz that everyone had to get a perfect score on before being allowed to post. All the questions were things that were mind-bogglingly obvious IF you had read the rules and had even a rudimentary understanding of how forums work. I.e. stuff that only annoying noobs would get wrong. Just something to think about.

I think there aught to be just an introduction THREAD instead of a whole board. I mean really, who gives a fuck about any of the new members

Those are good ideas too.

Last edited:
L

LizardKing

How about replacing that stupid Fender sticky with a little introduction into what this forum is, a link to the rules, accepted behavior, shit like that? They might not read it but it's better than the current one there.

Firehazard

I can fix it!
You know, the Adventure Game Studio forum had a mandatory quiz that everyone had to get a perfect score on before being allowed to post. All the questions were things that were mind-bogglingly obvious IF you had read the rules and had even a rudimentary understanding of how forums work. I.e. stuff that only annoying noobs would get wrong. Just something to think about.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Or maybe "you need to make x number of posts before posting in this sub forum".

What's going on in the intro boards?