• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wasn't Arcturus supposed to be perma-banned?

Emerson

FYI I am a SPY.
RE:            Wasn't Arcturus supposed to be perma-banned?

Mr Cullen said:
Agreed! NRR has indeed offered countless times to help out here at FA, but if I remember, someone told me that they weren't willing to let him help because Dragoneer thought that he was bosom buddies with arc or something and was going to exploit FA further.

Personally I would have prefered NRR to Arcturus as I don't approve of his behaviour in the past towards the site nor of what I've read on this topic about his activities elsewhere. However, the blokes never done any harm by me and hasn't affected me directly nor have I seen exactly what he's done on this other site he's been stealing art on. So as much as I disaprove, theres really bugger all I can do about it.

The staff decision is final.

Ditto. I don't know Arc personally nor do I have grief with him, but considering his actions in the past I think putting him in a position like this on FA is plain old stupid. That's like putting a burglar in your house to see how good your security system is.

So, put me down on the list of folks who call foul on this decision.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I understand that the admins want to lock a thread, however, can one of the admins logically explain to me why the below remarks are not bannable offenses when people have said much less and WERE banned?

I thought EVERYONE should have been playing by the rules, these are obvious attacks to flame and friend or not I don't see why this is different especially on a public forum.

While Kurtz and company have a right to be upset, these remarks are MORE than unecessary, especially when they obviously have access to make those remarks to administration in private.

KurtBatz said:
Then why did the furaffinity staff feel the need to LIE and blame the downtime on * cough * site upgrades and * cough * backups?

We're not idiots. Really we're not.

KurtBatz said:
I know for a fact that if the administrators are being stupid enough to reward his behaviour with a ban overturn NOW, it's only a short step away from upgrading him to a moderator or administrator.

After all, this is the most ridiculously fucking stupid thing I've ever seen the FA staff do, so it's only a short step away.

KurtBatz said:
I've got a proposal.

Reverse this STUPID FUCKING MORONIC decision to allow Arc back onto the site and I will personally donate £100 towards you getting in a professional coder to iron the security holes out of FA.

Calorath said:
And like it.... FA is sinking.

Pull yours heads out of your asses administration team.

That is all.

KurtBatz said:
You know things are pretty fucking desperate when they start employing the actual hackers and script kiddies to white-hat the site.

Arc must have his cock in his hand right now, getting no end of jollies over the whopping stupidity of the FA administration team.

KurtBatz said:
Actually, I've got a SECOND suggestion. On top of the one where I suggested hiring a professional coder to fix the problems with the site.

It's called 'calling up Layertech, his ISP and REPORTING the little cunt, the next time he tampers with the site'. It's called hacking, it's illegal and you are under NO obligation to put up with it.

..and Calorath is right. For christs sake, the FA team need to grow some testicles.

KurtBatz said:
Comedically, I've always been one of furaffinity's staunchest supporters. I just never thought the FA staff would be capable of this dizzying level of dumb.

KurtBatz said:
Don't think there's much more to be said Dragoneer. Lock it if you like. I'm bitterly disappointed in you and the entire FA staff and you're not prepared to listen to common sense, so what more can anyone do?

It's a nail in the coffin for this site and it's the stupidest decision you guys have ever made, but hey, it's your perogative to fuck up once in a while.

lolcox

I'm kind of yell-y. Sorry.
Arshes Nei said:
I understand that the admins want to lock a thread, however, can one of the admins logically explain to me why the below remarks are not bannable offenses when people have said much less and WERE banned?

I thought EVERYONE should have been playing by the rules, these are obvious attacks to flame and friend or not I don't see why this is different especially on a public forum.

While Kurtz and company have a right to be upset, these remarks are MORE than unecessary, especially when they obviously have access to make those remarks to administration in private.

KurtBatz said:
Then why did the furaffinity staff feel the need to LIE and blame the downtime on * cough * site upgrades and * cough * backups?

We're not idiots. Really we're not.

KurtBatz said:
I know for a fact that if the administrators are being stupid enough to reward his behaviour with a ban overturn NOW, it's only a short step away from upgrading him to a moderator or administrator.

After all, this is the most ridiculously fucking stupid thing I've ever seen the FA staff do, so it's only a short step away.

KurtBatz said:
I've got a proposal.

Reverse this STUPID FUCKING MORONIC decision to allow Arc back onto the site and I will personally donate £100 towards you getting in a professional coder to iron the security holes out of FA.

Calorath said:
And like it.... FA is sinking.

Pull yours heads out of your asses administration team.

That is all.

KurtBatz said:
You know things are pretty fucking desperate when they start employing the actual hackers and script kiddies to white-hat the site.

Arc must have his cock in his hand right now, getting no end of jollies over the whopping stupidity of the FA administration team.

KurtBatz said:
Actually, I've got a SECOND suggestion. On top of the one where I suggested hiring a professional coder to fix the problems with the site.

It's called 'calling up Layertech, his ISP and REPORTING the little cunt, the next time he tampers with the site'. It's called hacking, it's illegal and you are under NO obligation to put up with it.

..and Calorath is right. For christs sake, the FA team need to grow some testicles.

KurtBatz said:
Comedically, I've always been one of furaffinity's staunchest supporters. I just never thought the FA staff would be capable of this dizzying level of dumb.

KurtBatz said:
Don't think there's much more to be said Dragoneer. Lock it if you like. I'm bitterly disappointed in you and the entire FA staff and you're not prepared to listen to common sense, so what more can anyone do?

It's a nail in the coffin for this site and it's the stupidest decision you guys have ever made, but hey, it's your perogative to fuck up once in a while.
Fellow person of obvious African descent, I do believe you have omitted some comments that were quite visibly over the line.

Here, allow me to assist you:

KurtBatz said:
Amen! I also think paedophiles should be made Cub leaders. After all, noone knows a kiddy diddler, like a fellow kiddy diller.

KurtBatz said:
If the FA staff go over people's heads like this, it will piss EVERYONE off. Clearly you're not happy with the decision either.

I think a lot of this boils down to a hippy idea that Arc will 'change his ways' if he's 'respected' more in the future. The fact that he's come back onto the site, with a 'pools closed' icon - referring to the recent hack on the FA site should speak volumes. The very, very first thing he's done on being allowed back onto the site is to use a new icon to rip the piss.

HELLO PEOPLE. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FUCKING COFFEE.

KurtBatz said:
If he did anything overtly damaging because he'd have about 100,000 people wanting to kill him and he's dumb enough to not even attempt to cover his tracks. Everyone knows his home address, his ISP, his real life name, everything. He's a COMPLETE and TOTAL pussy. Has this failed to sink in yet? :roll:

I may only hope that I have been of tremendous service to you, my fellow person of obvious African descent.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
KurtBatz said:
I'm bitterly disappointed in you and the entire FA staff and you're not prepared to listen to common sense, so what more can anyone do?

I am sorry, but I we don't make decisions to win your approval. We do so to assist the community as a whole, and while I'd like for you to understand the "why" and the "reason" you have a fiery bias towards Arcturus and I could convince you that we honestly know what we are doing even with all the facts I could present to you.

Continue your to should "FA is dying" and insult us without merit. We'll continue to improve and build upon the site.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Dragoneer said:
KurtBatz said:
I'm bitterly disappointed in you and the entire FA staff and you're not prepared to listen to common sense, so what more can anyone do?

I am sorry, but I we don't make decisions to win your approval. We do so to assist the community as a whole, and while I'd like for you to understand the "why" and the "reason" you have a fiery bias towards Arcturus and I could convince you that we honestly know what we are doing even with all the facts I could present to you.

Continue your to should "FA is dying" and insult us without merit. We'll continue to improve and build upon the site.

Dragoneer, since you're an admin here, can you kindly answer my question a few posts above you?

Thanks for your time.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
RE:      Wasn't Arcturus supposed to be perma-banned?

Dragoneer said:
I am sorry, but I we don't make decisions to win your approval. We do so to assist the community as a whole, and while I'd like for you to understand the "why" and the "reason"  you have a fiery bias towards Arcturus and I could convince you that we honestly know what we are doing even with all the facts I could present to you.

If you have a moment, Why is it a binary choice that is being faced here?

I can't understand why the choice seems to be between having FA hacked or having arcturus on staff.

It's like if someone asks you if you would like a kick in the face or a punch in the balls, when most people would rather have neither.

Xax

I would be happier if everyone from every viewpoint stopped asking the admins to ban other people for being mean. Just, y'know, saying.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Dave Hyena said:
I can't understand why the choice seems to be between having FA hacked or having arcturus on staff.
'
Arcturus is not on staff. We're not that stupid.

lolcox

I'm kind of yell-y. Sorry.
Dave Hyena said:
Dragoneer said:

If you have a moment, Why is it a binary choice that is being faced here?

It's like if someone asks you if you would like a kick in the face or a punch in the balls, when most people would rather have neither.

I'd rather the punch to the balls.
I've had enough attacks there to be used to it.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Arshes Nei said:

Because I am handling these issues from work and, while it make come as a shock to some people, I put my work and life before FA.

I do not discussion action taken between FA and its users unless there is truly a need to do so. I am handling everything in this thread as fast as I can. Unfortunately, that's between gaps at work.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
RE:        Wasn't Arcturus supposed to be perma-banned?

Dragoneer said:
Dave Hyena said:
'
Arcturus is not on staff. We're not that stupid.

That still doesn't answer why it's a binary choice between having arcturus as part of the FA team or being hacked.

So he hasn't been given admin or moderator powers, but he is still acting under the auspices of (and with the blessing of) certain members of the admin & coding team. That makes him part of the group of people who are developing FA. A member of the team.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
Dave Hyena said:
That still doesn't answer why it's a binary choice between having arcturus as part of the FA team or being hacked.

So he hasn't been given admin or moderator powers, but he is still acting under the auspices of (and with the blessing of) certain members of the admin & coding team. That makes him part of the group of people who are developing FA. A member of the team.
Given the exploit that was closed it was a priority for us to fix it, Arc knew it... and before he divulged the information he had a few simple requests. We decided to work with him to fix the issue.

It was not an issue I wanted to have around.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Dragoneer said:
Arshes Nei said:

Because I am handling these issues from work and, while it make come as a shock to some people, I put my work and life before FA.

I do not discussion action taken between FA and its users unless there is truly a need to do so. I am handling everything in this thread as fast as I can. Unfortunately, that's between gaps at work.

I understand, perhaps you can enlist the aid of staff members so you don't have to do this alone?

Emerson said:
I_Own_Charles said:
PLEASE KEEP POSTING YOU ARE CAUSING US ALL TO SHIT OUR BABYFUR DIAPERS WITH LAUGHTER.

Hey, woah. Keep your diapers to yourself!

In reference to that one guy's horrid experience letting a babyfur sit in the back of his car and shit himself, and also the general dislike of diaper-wearing babyfurs in these forums.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
RE:          Wasn't Arcturus supposed to be perma-banned?

Dragoneer said:
Given the exploit that was closed it was a priority for us to fix it, Arc knew it... and before he divulged the information he had a few simple requests.

In my opinion, that essentially constitutes blackmail.

Arcturus has one solution to a problem, so he refuses to share it unless his demands are met. Which just happen to be unbanning him and making him part of the FA team.

I think it's a real cave in to not only give in the demands of a perma-banned hacker but to actually bring him back and place him on staff.

I believe that it makes the FA team look weak and unable to keep control on even on their homeground.

My opinion is that it's grossly unfair and insulting to those willing people who have been refused a place on staff.

What is to stop him making more demands in the future?

What is to stop other people making demands?

I don't trust the FA team to keep him or others under control because they have already capitulated to his demands in the first place.

Appeasement is a slippery slope but now the precedent has been set that hackers must have their demands met, and if they don't, the whole site will come tumbling down.

In my view, this might have been one way of solving a single security problem, but it has created far more than it has solved.

Emerson

FYI I am a SPY.
RE:         Wasn't Arcturus supposed to be perma-banned?

I_Own_Charles said:
Emerson said:
I_Own_Charles said:
PLEASE KEEP POSTING YOU ARE CAUSING US ALL TO SHIT OUR BABYFUR DIAPERS WITH LAUGHTER.

Hey, woah. Keep your diapers to yourself!

In reference to that one guy's horrid experience letting a babyfur sit in the back of his car and shit himself, and also the general dislike of diaper-wearing babyfurs in these forums.

Sorry, I forgot to add [/joke] there.

facek

Dave Hyena, do you just not comprehend what is going on at all?

ARCUTURS IS NOT ON STAFF

He is a regular member like you and me, and will point out holes when he finds them.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
RE:  Wasn't Arcturus supposed to be perma-banned?

facek said:
Dave Hyena, do you just not comprehend what is going on at all?

ARCUTURS IS NOT ON STAFF

He is a regular member like you and me, and will point out holes when he finds them.

TheCrypto declared that Arcturus was acting as a "white hat" for the development team. Which would mean he is allegedly helping develop the site. Which would mean he was part of the development team.

thecrypto

Dave Hyena said:
TheCrypto declared that Arcturus was acting as a "white hat" for the development team. Which would mean he is allegedly helping develop the site. Which would mean he was part of the development team.

Verix is also a white hat for the site and he isnot a member of the development team. All he does is report holes and we deal with them. It give either of them no increased access to the site.

Ryuusei

Oh for fuck's sake...
The last thing you need to do on the internets is take America's stance on terrorist organizations and apply it to people you don't like.

Yes, yes, FA had a big split up. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo. Haven't you worked with an asshole you hated? The fact is sometimes you have to work with someone you hate to accomplish something for the better. It's called diplomacy.

It's either that or scurrying off like a macro cat.
Whoops, I meant gigantic pussy. I always get those two confused.

I AM UNDER THE IMPRESSION HERE THAT NO ONE HAS SEEN THAT ONE MOVIE WITH TOM HANKS AND UH I THINK IT'S LEONARDO DICAPRIO IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN.

YOU KNOW, THE ONE WHERE THE ONE GUY IS A CON ARTIST STEALING ALL THIS MONEY AND THE OTHER GUY IS A COP TRYING TO CATCH HIM?

'CATCH ME IF YOU CAN', METHINKS.

ANYWAYS, AT THE END OF THE MOVIE THE BAD GUY IS ENLISTED BY THE COPS TO TEACH THEM HOW TO SPOT FAKE CHECKS/MONEY BECAUSE HE WAS SO DAMN GOOD AT IT HIMSELF.

IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE, I GIVE IT FIVE STARS. UNLIKE THIS THREAD, I GIVE IT TWO STARS, MAYBE. AND AN ASSTON OF CAPSLOCK.

wut

All things require an asston of caps lock.

dave hyena

A wonderous moorhen
RE:    Wasn't Arcturus supposed to be perma-banned?

thecrypto said:
Verix is also a white hat for the site and he isnot a member of the development team. All he does is report holes and we deal with them. It give either of them no increased access to the site.

As I've said, he doesn't need to be given increased acess to part of the team. I've made my opinion clear.

However, all this arguing over whether or not he is a member of the team still ignores the issue that Arcturus was effectively allowed to blackmail his way back onto FA by witholding infomation about how to fix a bug, and certain members of the FA team capitulated to his demands, instead of seeking out some other way to fix it.

Surely there must have been a better way to get a hole fixed than to allowed a perma-banned user who has hacked the site, demonstrated an extremly destructive nature and who has (in my opinion) proven himself unable to work with others through the destruction of the old FA & artplz, back on?

There must be other people who are willing to work as bug locaters right?

But of course they don't have an extremely vocal and agressive group of people who push their cause.  Neither do they attempt to hold FA to ransom over the promise of a security flaw.

My opinion is that it really does make the FA team look so feeble and weak, unable to even keep banned users banned. (except when they support FA and are willing to donate money to it!)

It makes an absolute mockery of FA's policy on how people should behave, since this demonstrates that people can engage in the worst behavior possible, and still get away with it.

Now, every single person who gets banned or does something bad can point to Arcturus and demand the same lenient treatment.

Myr

Big Dragon
Guildmaster Van said:
As the other admins and mods have already stated, behave and knock off the crude remarks. Make another post like that and you'll be finding yourself on Read-only mode like many other people in this thread.

Whiptail

Isn't about time this thread was locked already?

Oh well, may as well get a post in before it is.

I, for one, have never heard of this so-called boogyman that did lots of naughty things.

He may of done bad things, but shouldnt we offer him the chance to change his ways?

You'd be surprised at how many drug addiction advisors were addicts themselves or how many secrurity experts were theives. If this guy is a good hacker, then he's the best guy for finding possible flaws in the system.

True, this places him in a place where he *COULD* take advantage, but he's fully aware of the penalties if he does. We should at least give him a chance to redeem himself.

KurtBatz is right to be creating a fuss about this, but Kurt always sticks to his guns like super strength ACME glue, dispite attempt to persuade him otherwise.