• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wasn't Arcturus supposed to be perma-banned?

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
hey, that's my monthly wager if no additional job opportunities arise.
 

nrr

Member
yak said:
hey, that's my monthly wager if no additional job opportunities arise.
It's what I make in an hour. :/
 

nobuyuki

Member
bastards, I have to work an entire weekend to make that much :|
 

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I didn't call anyone a liar, I said *example* I said you're often not credible, which actually is true. You said it was an exploit when quite possibly it was a bug. Instead of trying to say everything is exploited, I merely went down the possibilities of what could have happened vs, playing Chicken Little.

I'm sorry if you're trying to confuse the two, but you also had your information wrong but I never see you apologize either.

Can you please calm down by the way, because like I said this "you guys vs our guys" doesn't really work in my opinion. Stating things merely because you hate the guy instead of just keeping it down to basics doesn't help you at all.
 

Xax

Member
Looks like I owe FA $100 now.
 

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
KurtBatz said:
Funny how your 'example' was that I was apparently too fucking dumb to check the spelling and case sensitivity of a person on my bans list.

You know you really, really, really should check your facts first. It's also never to late to apologise for such a thinly veiled and weak attack.

Again, you miss the point. The whole reason I cited the example is similar to a person that cries their car won't start. There are reasons someone can't start a car, but in this case you immediately ran with the conclusion someone jacked a part needed to start the car.

Once again, I find your statement ironic because you accused someone of USING an EXPLOIT instead of running down other possibilities. So please follow your own advice.
 

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Umm a bug isn't always an exploit (it has to have intent). And NO, I won't look silly because I don't accuse people of doing something until confirmed. I'll look like I took a more reasonable attitude towards the whole thing

I mean I think if a part turned out to be stolen, but I just thought it was a mechanical error with a car originally it's not so bad. If I accuse someone of stealing something and it was a mechanical error, that is worse.
 
PS Banning anyone from a site, especially someone with techinical nonce like arc is like trying to stop water getting through a sieve... it'll always get through.
 

Kattywampus

Miss Wampus, if you're nasty
nobuyuki said:
In conclusion, this is what reading this thread sounded like to me:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/foxes.php

Amen to that, cuzzin.
 

cesarin

Famous Huggable Dragon
Arshes Nei said:
Umm a bug isn't always an exploit (it has to have intent). And NO, I won't look silly because I don't accuse people of doing something until confirmed. I'll look like I took a more reasonable attitude towards the whole thing

I mean I think if a part turned out to be stolen, but I just thought it was a mechanical error with a car originally it's not so bad. If I accuse someone of stealing something and it was a mechanical error, that is worse.

excuse me but using(or abusing of a) a bug to bypass a protection or security part IS AN EXPLOIT.

common arshes...
 

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
cesarin said:
excuse me but using(or abusing of a) a bug to bypass a protection or security part IS AN EXPLOIT.

common arshes...

What the hell? No he wasn't even going around it, it simply didn't work that's NOT an exploit.

Make more sense, wtf is "common arshes"

http://www.furaffinityforums.net/showthread.php?tid=2552&pid=30823#pid30823
 

Visimar

Member
I don't think it's an exploit at all. Another user's having similar problems: [Edit: Darn, Arshes beat me to the link]

Really, people, stop letting your anger and hatred towards Arc control what you say/type/do. It's looking rather silly, really.
 

verix

some dragon
KurtBatz said:
I said it was LIKELY an exploit. In fact, last time I checked, Yak and Preyfar are still checking it out.

If it turns out to be an exploit after all.......well gosh. You WILL look silly then, won't you?
If you were to walk into Toyota of Orange and say that you wanted to buy a car they would tell you "Sorry, we don't serve lemons here."

Because you won't get a lemon.

At Toyota of Orange.
 

Wolfblade

Member
Someone having a personal grudge against Arcturus does nothing to invalidate his actions.

Here comes one of my oh-so-popular analogies: :D

"I hate the person who murdered my friend's family on a personal level because of what he did." "I am sorry, you have no right to express negative opinion of that person because you are biased against him and I am going to have to ignore what you told me of his history simply because you aren't completely detached and coldly calculating to the situation."

Yes, there are a lot of people who do come across as if this is a personal gripe with the guy. The fact of how many people seem to take letting him back based on his history as a personal offense does MORE to discredit the decision to unban him.

Mr. Cullen said:
Would anyone who has strong personal feelings against arc, agree to someone else being a white hat instead of arc if they had done similar things?

I don't know Arcturus or any of the people I tend to disagree with personally, so I can't have personal feelings against them, but since I'm generally credited as being motivated by a personal grudge against some people I'll respond to this.

I have strong personal feelings against Arcturus' ACTIONS and HISTORY (since I can't have strong feelings personally against someone I don't know OTHER than what they have done). I would be just as against making anyone a white hat who has gone to even half of the trouble to hinder this community that Arcturus has.

Acting like personal feelings have any bearing in this discussion, or quibbling over which of Arcturus' innumerable offenses are confirmed and which are not is just diverting the attention away from the facts of the matter. He has admitted to hacking the site on numerous occasions. Within the last WEEK he hijacked an Admin account and banned a user for personal reasons.

Any argument that he is trustworthy or has done anything to deserve this community's forgiveness is stupid.
 

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
verix said:
If you were to walk into Toyota of Orange and say that you wanted to buy a car they would tell you "Sorry, we don't serve lemons here."

Because you won't get a lemon.

At Toyota of Orange.

Strangled voice: I wouldn't have gotten a lemon?!?!
 

verix

some dragon
Wolfblade said:
"I hate the person who murdered my friend's family on a personal level because of what he did." "I am sorry, you have no right to express negative opinion of that person because you are biased against him and I am going to have to ignore what you told me of his history simply because you aren't completely detached and coldly calculating to the situation."
no I'm sorry you have it wrong

"I hate the person who murdered my friend's family on a personal level because of what he did. I do not want to hire this person as a hitman."
"But he's a really good murderer."
"BUT HE KILLED MY FRIEND'S FAMILY."
"Yeah and he did it really well. I think you just don't want to hire this person as a hitman because he murdered your friend's family."
"Whatever dude I bet you're friends with him."
 

InvaderPichu

this is my raep face
Wolfblade said:
Someone having a personal grudge against Arcturus does nothing to invalidate his actions.

Here comes one of my oh-so-popular analogies: :D

"I hate the person who murdered my friend's family on a personal level because of what he did." "I am sorry, you have no right to express negative opinion of that person because you are biased against him and I am going to have to ignore what you told me of his history simply because you aren't completely detached and coldly calculating to the situation."

I'm sorry, but comparing murder(and the tragic loss of a loved one) to internet bullshit is rather stupid.
 
Top