• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

watch dogs

Milo

I think this will be the surprise hit of E3 this year. or rather, the best looking game that will probably be shown this year. I wonder how much of this is scripted. It LOOKS like much of it is player choice, but the way it's played out just makes it look way too smooth to be all player choice. I don't care, this game just looks pretty great

[video=youtube;FcMRkyoHKeA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA[/video]

features so far from what I've heard include:

ability to hack just about anything in the city
information about every NPC you see
"seamless" co op

what do you think? impressions?

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
well, it looks awesome. and i like this whole hacking and information thing it has going on. i dont think we have seen anything like this before.

on the other hand i do have moral problems with the scene at 6:40 in the video. causing a crash like that just to get to my target is something i would never do.
so depending on how many different options the game gives you (and since it IS developed by ubisoft i still kind of doubt that there will be that many options) this might not be a game for me.

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
1282786204310.jpg

Cain

Guess what mood I'm in today.
Pah, Ubisoft.

But seriously, this looks amazing.
And I think you mean 'seamless' co-op.

Kaspar Avaan

Puke Dog
It looks amazing. It almost made up for the absolute shite of E3 2012 by itself.

My cyberpunk fangirl sense is telling me this is going to be brilliant.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
I thought DX:HR was incredible, but this is what that should have been.

Want. :c

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
This game. So much want.
You'll probably need a pretty fucking hardcore pc to run this max settings

Cain

This game. So much want.
You'll probably need a pretty fucking hardcore pc to run this max settings
And this is a problem...?

:V

Also in regards to the game being scripted, I think that that particular level might be a 'tutorial' mission, to showcase how awesome you can make the game, or that a gamedev is playing it, and thus he knows to make the game look as cool as possible, especially the thing with the traffic lights. If it was a 'normal' player, they'd just wait on the side of the street for the car to come and shoot the driver in the face as soon as he came near.

Last edited:

Jashwa

Is this next gen or what?
Nope, current gen. Not sure what that gameplay was taken from though.

Also, I really really REALLY want to be excited about this, but like OP said it seems TOO smooth and fluid. I'm worried that it'll actually be like mostly crappy and that was just an awesome scripted type set up.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Nope, current gen. Not sure what that gameplay was taken from though.

Also, I really really REALLY want to be excited about this, but like OP said it seems TOO smooth and fluid. I'm worried that it'll actually be like mostly crappy and that was just an awesome scripted type set up.
Oh ...wow. Current gen?
That certainly makes me fairly skeptical,now...

K

Kaamos

It looks okay I guess, but this kind of story and setting just doesn't interest me at all.

Milo

I'm still not quite sure just how scripted the game really is. like near the end, during that huge firefight, you had the option to enter a vehicle. with that mindset, you could have just driven off, or killed the NPCs off by ramming into them, or maybe if it's possible, kill the target from the car itself.

or what if during the middle of the video, you chose to fight the first bouncer? it certainly made it seem like you had the option to (given that he had that threat percentage thing as well)

also taking into account how much life is given to NPCs. like the couple walking out of the pizza shop. they hug, part ways, then the woman looks back and responds before she goes her separate way.

or maybe they're just REALLY good at giving people a 'sense' of player choice...

oh right, I can't believe I forgot about this one. but they said there was also seamless co op like I said in my original post. in other words, you can have a second player drop in at ANY time. that would certainly make scripting things difficult

Last edited:

Reito

Watch Dog
You can guess from my avatar that I am pretty excited.

Also, pertaining to the scripted v gameplay, even as a novice developer, all the things I've seen would be pretty easy for Ubisoft to implements as a part of actual sandbox gameplay. Tying it into the story is more of what I have seen. If there wasn't a choice in the matter, showing us a HUD with a minimap is kinda a cockslap to the face

OOOH LOOK AT ALL THE PLACES YOU CANT GO WITHOUT STOPPING THIS STORY SEQUENCE

with that said, there will probably be the inevitable "Mission Failed" scenarios, but I can see Ubisoft playing away from that type of mindset.

just my 2 cents :<

Milo

You can guess from my avatar that I am pretty excited.

Also, pertaining to the scripted v gameplay, even as a novice developer, all the things I've seen would be pretty easy for Ubisoft to implements as a part of actual sandbox gameplay. Tying it into the story is more of what I have seen. If there wasn't a choice in the matter, showing us a HUD with a minimap is kinda a cockslap to the face

OOOH LOOK AT ALL THE PLACES YOU CANT GO WITHOUT STOPPING THIS STORY SEQUENCE

with that said, there will probably be the inevitable "Mission Failed" scenarios, but I can see Ubisoft playing away from that type of mindset.

just my 2 cents :<

creating a car pile build up was pretty creative and honestly, I wouldn't have thought about doing that unless they showed me like, a hint on screen that said "press LB to access the wheel and select traffic". I'd do what they said, and be like "OH DAYUM, I didn't know I could do that"

(I'd probably fail the mission by staring at all the pretty details before I realize the target's already driven past me :V)

I'd say that's another possibility that there's more freedom than we might think.

Milo

updated info:

the producer of the game says that one of the big reasons for the ability to get information about NPC's around you is that you can "get sidequests from them".

they're talking about how most sandbox games revolve around exploration, where as this game revolves around not just exploration, but to "explore human beings as well"

dammit watch dogs, stop making me want you so badly.

Cain

So basically, this is like GTA.

Except universally better in all aspects and forms.
And it's not complete shit.

Cain

Hopefully this will come out on Steam. :3c
Probably going to cost like $100 in Australia though. ;A;
Most likely.
I mean, c'mon, it's not like it's EA or something.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Most likely.
Thank god for that. If EA published it it'd come with day one DLC's.
"Watch dogs hacker DLC. Get the ability to hack in-game objects! Only 9.99"

Milo

Most likely.

watch as they buy out ubisoft the day before launch :V

"now that WE own the rights to this game.... BUY OUR FUCKING DLC... and buy it on origin! we'll tax the shit out of it as well!"

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I really wanna see what this game is like.