• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

We brag up a woman's hobby. She attacks us for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axleonder

Domestic cat with a tailball

This is what happens when you do a hangout video, spelling the difference in the way society teats men and women for their hobbies. We reference this Victorian-era "dress-up" channel, priorattire—saying nothing but kind things to her—and she finds out about us, and attacks us, with her merry band of brigaders.

She just didn't like that we used the term "hobby" to describe her Victorian-era dress-up—which IT IS—her recreating Victorian upper-classes dresses by hand, which takes forever, to then walk in through modern down-town, is NO DIFFERENT to putting on a fursuit...or a Star Wars geek authentically recreating Darth Vader's mask and saber to use at a convention. And that's fine! ...But it's not fine for HER, though—She wants the pampered terms "full time job" and "business". ...But also, it could just be that she didn't like that men she didn't approve of were talking about her.

It just shows how you as a male hobbyist are viewed as beneath and expected to shut up.

Original video that got attacked, for reference: (look at those brigaded downvotes)

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
*Squint*

It's just really weird that you are first referring to her as a woman? As if she's some kind of non-human being. And theres this weird vendetta about-
(1) correcting her on what she's doing (what does it matter if it's a hobby or her job... ???)
(2) clearly using her to make a distinction about men's hobbies for some weird reason
(3) acting as if (women) don't do fur suits or don't cosplay as Darth Vader ???

There are people who professionally cosplay and professional do fur suits as well so...

This argument is pretty flawed, null and void. I'm also pretty sure she's rebutting more because this really reeks of some kind of incel vendetta. I know I would. Leave this woman and her pretty victorian dresses be.

Axleonder

It's just really weird that you are first referring to her as a woman? As if she's some kind of non-human being.
Nice making stuff up in your head.
And theres this weird vendetta about-
(1) correcting her on what she's doing (what does it matter if it's a hobby or her job... ???)
She had a vendetta about us about using the term "hobby", and began the "correcting" on us.
(2) clearly using her to make a distinction about men's hobbies for some weird reason
She is respected for simply enjoying her hobby, free of harassment, when the same isn't for guys for their hobbies. So the distinction is real.
(3) acting as if (women) don't do fur suits or don't cosplay as Darth Vader ???
Again, women can enjoy this stuff free of harassment and disrespect (and have an army to deal with anything otherwise).
There are people who professionally cosplay and professional do fur suits as well so...
Again, this can be a hobby for women and it's free of harassment and disrespect.

This argument is pretty flawed, null and void. I'm also pretty sure she's rebutting more
She had nothing but to complain about the term "hobby". That's it. You can see this, her full comment is shown in the video.

Leave this woman and her pretty victorian dresses be.
You didn't listen to anything, period. She came to bother us, and brigade us.

because this really reeks of some kind of in*el vendetta. I know I would.
BTW, I am reporting you for using the hate-speech term "In*el" on me. Have fun with that.

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
An individual's hobbies and interests are as unique as the individual.

Each individual regardless of sex has a blend of both of what may be described/labeled by some as masculine and feminine traits.

Some hobbies may be considered as being more appealing to people with greater masculine traits or more appealing to people with greater feminine traits.

As fare as I see it people that would attempt to belittle another person because they think that a person's interests are not appropriate for there sex, are cognitively immature and lack empathy.

D

Deleted member 132067

BTW, I am reporting you for using the hate-speech term "In*el" on me. Have fun with that.
Butthurt much? Poor Percy.

This whole "they" against "us" mentality isn't something you should strive towards, let alone use to overgeneralize in the name of an entire community. If you want to seriously discuss something, fine. But this looks like a glorified whining thread in which you block off any attempts of conversation with a seriously bitchy attitude.

Or in other words: There is no such thing as specifically manly furs being harassed and/or disrespected for having fun with their hobbies while women are free of this.
Now if you excuse me, I patiently await my "army to deal with anything otherwise" while I expect you, the "male hobbyist who is beneath me", to shut up.

ConorHyena

road warrior
"army to deal with anything otherwise"

Am here, m'lady, who do I have to shoot?

Seriously though, OP - Excuse my wording, for I am usually a mild-mannered indivdual, but what the proverbial fuck are you trying to achieve?

I mean, other than garnering public attention or creating drama or inciting unrest or something, but really, jesus. What sort of bullshit is this?

I'm going to head back to actual, consequential matters other than youtubers bitching at each other.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
The only points I'm taking away from this are that you don't consider art to be a legitimate source of income, and that you have a difficult time picking up on word play. It's "Prior Attire". Say it with me: "Prior. Attire.".

Axleonder

Or in other words: There is no such thing as specifically manly furs being harassed and/or disrespected for having fun with their hobbies while women are free of this.
fatnerd1.gif

Explain why no equivalent doodle gets made about women who pretend they are a 19th century aristocrat, the implication being they should not exist.

The rest of what you said is just fluff.

Axleonder

I'm going to head back to actual, consequential matters other than youtubers bitching at each other.
Cool, that means you're not coming back here to waste space again, where you're not interested.

(and if you reply again, I'll know you're lying.)

Axleonder

The only points I'm taking away from this are that you don't consider art to be a legitimate source of income, and that you have a difficult time picking up on word play. It's "Prior Attire". Say it with me: "Prior. Attire.".
You are wrong. We were happy that she could make money off of doing something she loves. We just didn't have hang-ups against calling it a hobby at the same time.
Also, nit-picker, I spelt it single-worded according to her Youtube handle. Do you enjoy being pointless?

Water Draco

Is this supposed to be agreeing with, or against what I posted?

Form what I watched of the video from the outset it was clear that effort was being made to establish a high level of bias in favour of the video of creator/s opinion/s.
As such this video has to my mind lost any sort validity in any form of discussion.

Axleonder

Form what I watched of the video from the outset it was clear that effort was being made to establish a high level of bias in favour of the video of creator/s opinion/s.
As such this video has to my mind lost any sort validity in any form of discussion.
You made no sense whatsoever. "This video was made from a person's opinion and perspective, so therefore it is invalid." ...as if any video can be made any other way.

Also, you made no effort to read the situation for what it is. We were asking for equality, and this woman attacked us.

Water Draco

It is time..

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Time to draw a line under this thread and allow it to sink deep down in to the bowels of the forum.

It is clear that there is no point in continuing commenting any further and it is time for all to show self restraint.

Status
Not open for further replies.