• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site WE DON'T WANT TO SEE GORE!

Do you like seeing NSFL (not safe for life) fetishized artwork?

• Yes

• No

• Why is this even allowed on the site?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracostallion

Make a tag blacklist.
Make a user blacklist.
Add a new tier of maturity ratings.
Make +block actually do something.

There are over a hundred threads that have asked for a blacklist. SO, MAKE IT!

1611056003784.png

Let us choose the content and users we do and do not want to see. Don't let them see that we don't like their "content".

The only reason I made this account was to say this. Not like it'll matter, because people have been asking for it since 2015.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
While I personally don't mind blood and gore, I think it can be very creatively used to convey intense emotions, I also agree that those who want the nicer and fluffier side of artwork shouldn't be "forced" to see it due to a lack of content filtering. In the same way people who don't want to see other things (fetish or not) due to a lack of filtering. This has been a main complaint on FA for years though...we'd be better off just all moving to SoFurry if we wanted lots of filter options. Problem with SoFurry is, for me, it's layout isn't very appealing.

Matt the Terrier

Swing the Mood! =3
Al Gore is on FA?
Yeah, and in his journals, he's trying to tell you how you could save help the environment, Lisa Simpson style.

Meanwhile, there's Bush saying, "go away, I'm readin' "Super Fudge"! Don't make me do stuff."

Chomby

I'll poke your butt
I don't want to see scat stuff either.

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
A partial way to do a black list is by typing -<unwanted_tag> at the end of your searches

Although its not perfect because people don’t fully tag things

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
A partial way to do a black list is by typing -<unwanted_tag> at the end of your searches

Although its not perfect because people don’t fully tag things
Yeah this has always been a big issue I've found when looking for Nagas

Esix defines them in their excellent tagging system as anthropomorphised snakes retaining tail-locomotion, as opposed to Lamias, who are purely human from the waist up.

I believe that definition is actually inverted from their cultural descriptions but I don't mind

Meanwhile FA has it entirely at the discretion of the uploader - with many using both tags.

My point anyway, is that without a robust defined tagging system a blacklist (or exclusionary search terms) won't be effective enough.

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin

Chomby

I'll poke your butt

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
If I'm not mistaken, I think FA has a blacklist feature that could help solve this problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 82554

Oh I know the flashbacks do make you pretty hungry, after you've lost all your lunch!

Chomby

I'll poke your butt
Then you're a true furry degenerate, stop complaining.

Hmm, 2 furs 1 cup sounds like an interesting spinoff, but it all happens in suit.
Speak for yourself.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
*Obligatory Art is Art no matter the subject comment.*

Punji

Vaskebjørn
There is Art which FA doesn't allow, of course.

In a world where a urinal is widely considered art, anything that can't be uploaded to FA may be art.
Perhaps, but this does not mean we should shun or deny legitimate furry art allowed within the current rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.