• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site WE DON'T WANT TO SEE GORE!

Do you like seeing NSFL (not safe for life) fetishized artwork?

• Yes

• No

• Why is this even allowed on the site?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, all people don't tag their things accordingly and in a sense I guess we can never expect everyone to always do it correctly or not make mistakes when uploading.

But the truth is, if I as a user had the ability to blacklist specific words so any submission with X, Y or Z words in them I'd be way happier to browse, but also it doesn't have to be only the TAGS, but also in the title and description, and a lot of submissions I never want to look at or see that wasn't tagged appropriately would get out of my way and no one would get hurt the process.

People who doesn't want to see specific content is not going to favorite or comment on these pieces less if they never saw them to begin with. If anything it just creates less friction. If it is possible to create one even if it isn't perfect or wouldn't be able to catch everything, it's still better than nothing at all in my opinion. There's just some content that really doesn't roll well with me, and everyone have their own.

Lutro

Writer
In the interim, you can grab the browser extension (there's a version for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox) called "Filter Affinity." You can use it to filter out individual artists or tags. It was developed by forest-wolf and their user page has links to the downloads for installation.

This works as a pretty decent blacklist, in lieu of FA implementing an official one.

Dracostallion

Want to make a piece that features blood and intestines spewing out after an intense battle? Okay.

Want to make a piece of art whose entire purpose is to grind up a terrified animal alive? ...

Dracostallion

In the interim, you can grab the browser extension (there's a version for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox) called "Filter Affinity." You can use it to filter out individual artists or tags. It was developed by forest-wolf and their user page has links to the downloads for installation.

This works as a pretty decent blacklist, in lieu of FA implementing an official one.
Thank god we have people who actually make features for the site.
You are a saint for bringing this to my attention.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage

*actively spending time browsing FA just to add filters with this heavenly treasure bestowed upon us*

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Fun fact (not going to show a screen capture to protect young eyes from adult imagery): After adding the filters listed below,

Scat
scat
Diaper
diaper
diapers
Diapers
water-sports
water sports
watersports
crush
feet
stink
stench
giant
macro
micro
gacha
photo
photography
nappy
blender
YCH
ych
open
reminder
Reminder
Auction
auction
slots
Slots
adopt
Adopt
Ref
ref
ref sheet

I only see six images on the first page of browsing when up to 72 is allowed (and there used to be well over 20 before applying filters. Upon going to page two, I see twenty seven...two of them being reminders but spelled "remainder" so that will be going on the filter list as well.
This is kind of amusing. Wonder if I added too many filters to avoid advertisements.

D

Deleted member 82554

Diaper
Diapers
feet
nappy

I'm ok with those ones but I think the tag "messy" should be included. Even I have limits.

And I blame Artemis Wishfoot for the feet one, he's such an influencer.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I'm ok with those ones but I think the tag "messy" should be included. Even I have limits.

And I blame Artemis Wishfoot for the feet one, he's such an influencer.

Didn't really think about messy since I wasn't aware the tag was often used.

quoting_mungo

Fun fact (not going to show a screen capture to protect young eyes from adult imagery): After adding the filters listed below,

Scat
scat
Diaper
diaper
diapers
Diapers
water-sports
water sports
watersports
crush
feet
stink
stench
giant
macro
micro
gacha
photo
photography
nappy
blender
YCH
ych
open
reminder
Reminder
Auction
auction
slots
Slots
adopt
Adopt
Ref
ref
ref sheet

I only see six images on the first page of browsing when up to 72 is allowed (and there used to be well over 20 before applying filters. Upon going to page two, I see twenty seven...two of them being reminders but spelled "remainder" so that will be going on the filter list as well.
This is kind of amusing. Wonder if I added too many filters to avoid advertisements.
I suspect the “adopt” and “ref” could result in some false positives in the grand scale of things (“this character was an adopt from X”/“link to ref:”), but for the most part it probably works the way you want more than it doesn’t.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
I suspect the “adopt” and “ref” could result in some false positives in the grand scale of things (“this character was an adopt from X”/“link to ref:”), but for the most part it probably works the way you want more than it doesn’t.

Definitely saves the eyes.
Not from every single thing - but it's a hell of a lot better than SFW's terrible job.

quoting_mungo

Definitely saves the eyes.
Not from every single thing - but it's a hell of a lot better than SFW's terrible job.
Which is absolutely fine. I want to stress that I wasn’t trying to criticize your approach - curating your own experience is absolutely a good and responsible thing to do when you find the tools to do so. Just making the observation (for readers much as anything) that these tools, whether third party or native on the site itself, will produce false positives now and again, and deciding how many false positives one is willing to tolerate is another part of the curation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.