• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

We need more Good Werewolfs in media.

Lopaw

Wandering artist weasel
It would help if there where more wherewolfs in media that turn into bulky anthro wolves a bit taller but not much so than humans and give them more depth. As opposed to having them turn into humans with a few scraggly bits of fluff on.

That way you have a chance of a secondary demographic forming round them.

Hopei

God yes, just imagine a wholesome story about a kind werewolf grandma baking cookies for her werewolf grandchildren.

Boi that's wolf children, except replace the cookies and grandma with
dead parent syndrome
and raising wolf shifting children who must decide to either answer the call of the wild or intergrate into human socierty. There're no buff wearwolves tho so wasn't gonna mention it.

Last edited:

Rodent2000XD

If nobody hates you, you're doing something wrong.
Recommend the film 'what we do in the shadows'. Primarily about vampires, but werewolves feature. Brilliant kiwi film.

KILL.MAIM.KILL

Angry Lizard King
Banned
Are you kidding? There are millions of werewolves in the media. It's time for lesser-known mythological creatures to have some time in the limelight.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Boi that's wolf children, except replace the cookies and grandma with
dead parent syndrome
and raising wolf shifting children who must decide to either answer the call of the wild or intergrate into human socierty. There're no buff wearwolves tho so wasn't gonna mention it.
That is very morbid, and depressing. I hate to break it to you, but the dead parent syndrome trope is also cliche. (I'am looking at you JK Rowling!:p)
Edit: I hope I did not offend you. Since the way I phrased could be seen as rude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Water Draco

Next LondonFurs?? Please stay tuned
Why is it always the "argh! I can't control it! *blacks out and murders everyone around him!*" trope?

Werewolves who are in control and lucid during their altered state are so much better and cooler!

look up the UK television series Wolfblood.

Or the anime/manga of Wolf Children

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I like to think that lycanthropy is a disease and is dangerous.

However, wolf shapeshifters can happen from birth and get mistaken as lycanthropes. Those guys have an easier time being good. They’re not combatting a serious disease!

DecentBadger

Always looking for that raw aesthetic~
I don't mind the circumstances regarding changing into a werewolf, I just wish they were better designed in media to look more...anthro wolf-like? That'd be cool. I know they're supposed to look
monstrous in appearance but I'd like some variety.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I duuno if they have to be good, per se, but they could be a lot cuter, maybe more cartoony, and do more naughty/yiffy stuff, instead of just bite and go ''grrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

Mosie

Werewolf Hugging Pro
I AGREE. Think the only werewolves I've been fond of in media is the werewolf forms in Van Helsing (that 2000 something movie not the anime) and of course skyrim's werewolf

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
I don't like the physical appearance of most werewolves in movies and tv shows... I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer but the werewolves in the tv series suck more than the vampires (see what I did there? No? Oh, forget it...) They look like mangey gorillas. There are a lot of "good guys who become rabid monsters when they change" characters in fiction... Oz from Buffy is such a sweet guy, but not as a wolf. I understand that the point the OP is trying to make is that the wolfie side is usually portrayed as a demon and not just a beautiful and majestic lupine, with an awareness of itself and a sympathetic soul of its own. But I'm not really interested in werewolves in general, so I'm not qualified to discuss this in any more depth.