• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site We need to talk about the troll(s).

Angelcakes

I understand that FA is staffed by a group of volunteers, and I appreciate the work that they do.

But we REALLY need to discuss the current conduct and exploitation of a handful of trolls.

I do not want to name names here (because I think it would be inappropriate to do so publicly and would only discuss it with the staff), but I think many here know who it is I'm talking about.

These individuals have done everything possible to circumvent the protocols this website uses in order to create multiple accounts, harass users with hate speech and unwanted sexual remarks, and in general being a nuisance to just about everyone they come in contact with.

At some point, the other shoe is going to drop. I know there is only so much that the staffers can do with the tech that they have, but something NEEDS to be done

Kingman

Inquisitor of the Radical Ordo
^ This. A thousand times yes. Something needs to be done about that specific person especially.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Unfortunately, only so much can be done in the way of prevention.
IP bans can be circumvented and even MAC bans can be avoided via spoofing.

Kingman

Still it's hurdles for them to jump and it'd show an effort to stop them.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Not saying it isn't worth trying, but that if someone is really ornery, there won't be much to stop them.

Kingman

That person isn't so much ornery as he just wants to make people suffer for his amusement.

EDIT: LOL he just admitted he's upset about being banned from the forums so there's at least that.

Last edited:

Angelcakes

They've also recently started spamming my profile page. It's absolutely pathetic.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Something's happening?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Something's happening?

I checked the OP's furaffinity page and it looks like there's been random throw-away accounts leaving insulting messages on there for years.

Beats me why somebody would waste their one life making burner accounts in the hope of irritating strangers they'll never meet.

Sorry you have to deal with people singling you out, Angelcakes.

Angelcakes

I checked the OP's furaffinity page and it looks like there's been random throw-away accounts leaving insulting messages on there for years.

Beats me why somebody would waste their one life making burner accounts in the hope of irritating strangers they'll never meet.

Sorry you have to deal with people singling you out, Angelcakes.

I've been in this fandom for over a decade. Believe me, this isn't even the worst I've had to deal with. ;)

It is rather annoying, however.

Kingman

Exactly. It's super annoying as he's been harassing me for over six months and started sexually harassing a friend of mine's account who has been missing for over 2 years. So he really needs to be dealt with.

F

FrostHeart

Some people just don't have anything better to do because their life is boring.
Or, they pick on furries for their interests...

D

Deleted member 132067

Damn. Apart from the occasional doofuses around the forum, which are easily to ignore or not get agitated at, I never would've expected such bad experiences that people above me have had. What gives?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Damn. Apart from the occasional doofuses around the forum, which are easily to ignore or not get agitated at, I never would've expected such bad experiences that people above me have had. What gives?

Basically I feel there's some fundamental law of the universe which states that if a website has a social function, somebody is using it to harass people.

It looks like this particular user is specifically interested in commenting on pages of people who describe themselves as 'anti fascist'.

Kingman

He sexually harasses the friends of people that are anti-fascist too.

Izzy4895

Diaper Fox
Neo-Nazis act like that online because it is dangerous to act like that in the real world.

Kingman

Yup and illegal, and while watching him go off the deep end is somewhat interesting, I really wish the mods would go ahead and shut him down now.

Edit: And now he's attacking and mocking the mods on FA with yet another alt account.

Last edited:

quoting_mungo

I really wish the mods would go ahead and shut him down now.
As I said in another recent thread (I think it was yours?), there isn’t really anything more that staff can do than shut down new accounts as they are created/reported, and remove/hide any posts/shouts/comments they’ve made. It’s sadly one of the realities of the Internet - it’s way easier to troll and disrupt than it is to stop trolls.

It sucks. I can assure you it sucks from a staff point of view, too. But even IP bans are kind of trivial to get around. It is not humanly possible for staff to prevent these people from coming back, beyond closing their throwaway accounts and hoping they eventually give up.

These people are trying to get under your skin, more than anything.

Angelcakes

OK, so it looks like the Staff has taken care of it, and I've since cleared my shouts. Looks awfully bare right now, though.

Kingman

As I said in another recent thread (I think it was yours?), there isn’t really anything more that staff can do than shut down new accounts as they are created/reported, and remove/hide any posts/shouts/comments they’ve made. It’s sadly one of the realities of the Internet - it’s way easier to troll and disrupt than it is to stop trolls.

It sucks. I can assure you it sucks from a staff point of view, too. But even IP bans are kind of trivial to get around. It is not humanly possible for staff to prevent these people from coming back, beyond closing their throwaway accounts and hoping they eventually give up.

These people are trying to get under your skin, more than anything.

Oh I believe you, and I appreciate the hard work the staff puts in. I just wish that instead of just 'suspending' the accounts, they could 'click and delete' them and delete every post, note and shout he's ever made. But yeah, here's to hoping he has given up.

Angelcakes

Well, he's back, and just made a whole string of penis emojis on my shout page. Already deleted them and blocked his new accounts. It's become more monotonous than annoying.

Kingman

Yup he's back again. Just archive for the screenshot, report then delete. In a way he's done more to help anti-fascism, as he's making himself a prime example of the alt-right being trolls and harassers. Still, though... monotony is in of itself annoying.

F

FrostHeart

Are the troll accounts these ones with real picture avatars that have been made back to back for a bit.?

Kingman

most of them are various gifs of a poorly animated lion thing, but he also uses abstract geometric things. Always animated at a stupidly rapid pace.

And now he's targeting submissions, since 'hidden comment' is on the page, and you can't just delete it. Also he's still sexually harassing people.

Last edited:

Kingman

Just to add to this he's now making up lies about the people he's trolling and harassing and telling other users things were said that were not said at all. I've had a person come onto my page saying I called the troll a word I never use for anyone. And it's simply not true. This is getting dangerous now. The suspension/ban isn't enough he needs all posts, shouts, submissions, etc. deleted.