• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Wearing a tail

K

Kaamos

ugh reminds me that a few days ago some kid came into my store wearing a tail. Wasn't sure if she was a furfag or just a regular weirdo so I didn't ask it about it.

Cami

Gray wolf
Where do you even get these things?

I don't want a tail, but I wouldn't mind one of those hats with ears on them.

I couldn't find a tail keychain at any store..not matter where I looked, so I had to resort to buying online (which I usually avoid since shipping charges to Canada can be so expensive). The hat I'm wearing in my avatar is called a spirithood ( www.spirithoods.com ), I bought it at a local store that sells them, they're expensive but great quality and fun to wear ! I have seen knock off versions and similar animal hats with ears, if you look online you might be able to find some. Other than ebay, I'm not quite sure where to look >.<

Psssh, what other people think? Who asked them? I wear my foxhat everywhere, and my tail too.

Haha yeah, I wear my wolf hat every chance I get, and I've actually gotta quite a few compliments on it! I know once I get my tail I'll be wearing it all the time c:

Jaxinc

Regret nothing:Deny everything
Had one I bought at Spencers(when I worked there) wore it all the time there along with my collar, then the tail kept falling apart and I got tired of fixing it and it falling apart again(crappy design overall). One of these days I'll just sew my own...

Wulfe

Rawr!!
Bought one at a local con I go to. Only time I ever wear it is when I go, I honestly dont think I could pull it off wearing it in public. My collar on the other hand I used to wear all the time in public but things were awkward when I wore it around my family so I just stopped wearing it all together. Kind of a shame too, I felt more confident when wearing it too.

Just an opinion here...Girls can get away with wearing A LOT of "weird" accessories such as tails/collars as opposed to guys.

Kivaari

Meow.
I got a really nice one at Anthrocon, I'll probably wear it during the rare times I actually walk somewhere. Or perhaps I could add a rack and skirt guard to a bike and it would be safe to ride with one.

Midnight-Shadow

Shadow-warrior
Just an opinion here...Girls can get away with wearing A LOT of "weird" accessories such as tails/collars as opposed to guys.

This is the one thing that would put me off wearing a collar or a tail in public. A girl wearing a collar looks kinda sexy (no offense ladies), while a guy wearing a collar screams "homosexual" to most people, even when you are completely straight.

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater

natari the husky

newbie husky
I have a really crappy homemade tail I wore everyday for two months when I first made it. xD
I got some very strange looks and questions but it was funny. Two people tried to pull it off on the first day.
I still wear it along with my collar once in a blue moon though.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I make tails.

I only wear mine to furmeets, furcons, and sometimes anime cons. I don't see a reason to wear one everyday.

This is the one thing that would put me off wearing a collar or a tail in public. A girl wearing a collar looks kinda sexy (no offense ladies), while a guy wearing a collar screams "homosexual" to most people, even when you are completely straight.

It doesn't scream "homo" it just screams either "masochist", "Submissive", or "Obvious wierdo off his meds".

Correction, "Attractive girls". Not everyone can get away with it.

Last edited:

Midnight-Shadow

Shadow-warrior
It doesn't scream "homo" it just screams either "masochist", "Submissive", or "Obvious wierdo off his meds".

I remember a time when all the gays wore collars, regardless of whether they were masochistic/submissive or not. This was in Brighton, the gay capital of Europe. You are right though, and although I am all of those things (minus the weirdo part), to be labled as one just for wearing a collar disgusts me. I hate this kind of stereotyping that some people do.

Dokid

I have a tail I commissioned from skahlly and bir...its so pretty OwO

But I wear it every once in a while. I would wear it more but I need some friends to go with....

But once I wear it be it for halloween or a convention it mostly stays on the entire day. People smile when they see me. (not in the "oh look she's such a dork" kind of way"

Fantasy_Fox_315

I have a black/gray and white fox tail. I try and wear it at lest once a month just for the fun of it. Most of my friends wont go in big places well im wearing it tho. XD

Jaxinc

This is why you learn to not give a fuck what random/normal people think. I get stared at near continuously when I wear my collar at the mall or off, but I don't give two shits if it aint a friend.

Midnight-Shadow

Shadow-warrior
This is why you learn to not give a fuck what random/normal people think. I get stared at near continuously when I wear my collar at the mall or off, but I don't give two shits if it aint a friend.

I guess I need to develop a thicker skin.

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
Only around Halloween.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
I wear my neon pixel paw shirts all the time and have only had positive complements. Twice with my tail and collar.

S

Sar

No, but I am making a better Citra tail (the last attempt was horrible). I am gonna save it for some cons.

CatWaffles

Gentleman Cat
I have a little keychain tail I received at AC that I wear everyday since it's attached to my key ring. It's really more a small accessory though and not super noticeable, like a necklace or something I guess. I know a few kids at my school that wear these long keychain tails that they buy at hot topic though.

Piroshki

I've got a silver fox tail that I bought at the local renaissance festival a couple years ago. I generally just wear it around my house and occasionally at friends' houses, though more recently I haven't been wearing it much at all. The only times I wear it out in public are at cons, the ren fest, Halloween, and if I decide to wear it to a friend's party and we end up going somewhere. If one of my [3] friends who also have tails wear theirs, too, then I don't mind going out in public with it, but otherwise I prefer to avoid it.

burakki

I've thought about trying to get/make one, but every time i think about it, i don't know if i'd be comfortable wearing it around in public. I'm pretty sure my family would have several issues with it though, even though they're very accepting and don't care about anything else i do

Traven V

Luna-tic.
I've wore mine a few times, one time someone actually honked at me (I don't believe malicious intent) walked through a mall a few times as well :p

Dokid

I have a little keychain tail I received at AC that I wear everyday since it's attached to my key ring. It's really more a small accessory though and not super noticeable, like a necklace or something I guess. I know a few kids at my school that wear these long keychain tails that they buy at hot topic though.

Those things are cheaply made....not to mention a rip off

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?
I have a lovely skunk tail of my OC Penny and I wear it around friends. I wore my OC Penni's tail out it public a couple of times, it's fun.

Jaxinc

Dare I ask how much that cost you? I haven't tried to have mine made due to cost.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
I love my tail
unfortunately I have approximately zero desire to wear it in public