• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Webcomic List thread

dranxis

I've been drawing an anthro comic since 2008. Hope it's okay to plug it here!

What Nonsense (Furry)(Irr): After refusing to take a vacation for years, Mr. Swinson, a workaholic boar, is ordered to stay at a remote vacation home by his boss. When he arrives, he can't help but notice that something is a little... off, about the other residents.

Genre is Slice-of-life/Mystery. Just to warn you, updates are indeed irrregular! I draw about two pages a month. Sometimes I get lost in the details of the art (kinda having that problem with the page I'm working on now).

There are 214 pages so far. You can also see some of my art for the comic at my FA gallery.

P

ProxFox

Bittersweet Candy Bowl
I like this one. It's a high school slice of life/drama featuring anthro cats and dogs. It starts off pretty shit, then it becomes only a little shit, then it becomes okay, and now it's actually pretty good. The characters start a bit one dimentional before getting fleshed out and becoming relatable. There's also a lot of those problems that could be solved by talking but they don't because they're teenagers and they're fucking stupid, so if you don't like that kind of thing you'll hate this. If you can get passed all of that though you'll end up with something special.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoyMestic

I've been having the hardest time trying to remember a certain webcomic but I can't. It's about a guy rooming with 2 girls and he can't find a job. One of the girls want to be a model. They go to a mall for the girl to try out for modeling. He finds a camera store and happens to get hired. There's also something about a childhood friend who was a giraffe girl who was bullied. I can only remember those little bits, its been bothering me for nights that I can't remember it, dose anyone have the slightest idea of what I'm talking about??

Gryphoneer

20 Quatloos on "disruptive"
I've been having the hardest time trying to remember a certain webcomic but I can't. It's about a guy rooming with 2 girls and he can't find a job. One of the girls want to be a model. They go to a mall for the girl to try out for modeling. He finds a camera store and happens to get hired. There's also something about a childhood friend who was a giraffe girl who was bullied. I can only remember those little bits, its been bothering me for nights that I can't remember it, dose anyone have the slightest idea of what I'm talking about??
There you go.

Iamabrawler

Foxy Flavored Cookie (M/F) (Furry): A slice-of life story about a human who gets bitten, becomes a fox and must join the Lycan community. He learns about this new world thanks to his friends Pituka, Pervy and Nelly.

I like this one because the author has done a lot of worldbuilding since the comic's early days, and the story is pretty big on emotions and comedy. The author is also pretty close to his readers thanks to a Discord server.

Last edited:

CFTFOS

We just started a new furry web comic called "Cute Fuzzy Thingies from Outer Space!"

Very dark nihilist comedy about a future in which humans are extinct yet their problems remain.

Also supporting a campaign against gentrification in Miami through the non-profit SMASH. Check it out!

fuzzythingies.wordpress.com

Artwork Gallery for CFTFOS -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

Square-Wave_Kittycat

The Mewsician
Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Bittersweet Candy Bowl is a cute webcomic about cats growing up in high school, the story plays in the form of a teen drama. Although the characters are anthropomorphic cats and dogs (mostly cats :3), the authors claim Bittersweet Candy Bowl is not a furry comic and is aimed at a general audience "whether they identify as furry or not". The comic has been going on for over ten years now, which is really cool, and it means that there is a lot of art progression, going from pencil drawings to watercolour to digital art.

Mandragoras

Inept Abecedarian
A few suggestions for the list, none of which I think have been mentioned thus far, in no particular order:
  • Morbi (Ian Penman), Poppy O'Possum—Begins as a fairly simple, goofy tale about a single mother dealing with racism and accidentally becoming something of a superhero, and then... it goes in. It goes all in. Some impressive backgrounds and worldbuilding here. Nothing particularly objectionable here save for some abrupt, no-punches-pulled violence with flashes of weirder stuff afoot; Morbi is a Shintaro Kago fan, and while this is mostly a kid-friendly strip, it doesn't *not* show.
  • Cate Wurtz, the Lamezone Cycle (COSM, smokes., Crow Cillers, Microwave Planet, etc.)—A series of truly bizarre interrelated comics set in the same universe, populated with all manner of gross nerds and gay stoner dweebs confronting the utter shittiness of life in suburban middle America and also horrifying cosmic malice, gruesome death, and imploding metanarratives. Where my icon's from. In terms of traumatic content, uhhhhh... well, how graphic any given strip is varies wildly, but gore, weird sex, body horror and themes of suicide and emotional abuse abound. While funny, Wurtz can get extremely dark extremely fast.
  • Gray Folie, Drop-Out—Another one with an odd art style, but with some serious emotional heft regardless. Basically, it's about two awkward girlfriends who decide to drive cross-country to kill themselves by plunging into the Grand Canyon. Fantastic use of monologue, incredibly depressing and uncomfortably relateable. The caveats should be glaringly obvious. One of the few realistic explorations of intersex gender identity I've read in fiction, although that's not exactly the main attraction here.
  • Gigi D.G., Cucumber Quest—Why aren't you reading this already? It's adorable.
  • Jen, Thunderpaw: In the Ashes of Fire Mountain—A grim tale of two cute dog siblings traversing the wastes of the human world after the end of days. Dark, poignant, disconcerting. Haven't gotten back to this one in a while but what I read was sufficiently intriguing to make me confident about putting it here.
  • Slim Gilt Soul (Remy Boydell), Recovery Blogger et al—Consider this a place-holder for all of Boydell's nightmarish outpourings of catharsis, but with this and Lovely Puppy Dissociation Playset singled out as two of the most viscerally horrifying things I have ever read in my life. This is the condensed primal agony scream of a victim of sexual violence and abuse revisiting their trauma. It will make you sick. Yet these comics are also hypnotic. A few are even about marginally lighter, like the Arthur fan comic about necromancy and lesbianism. The humour, when it appears, is pleasantly droll. But, well, yeah. Don't read these without knowing what you're in for.
  • Leigh Davis, Jailbird—An odd comic highly reminiscent in visual style of an old black-and-white cartoon about a wee bird-person who escapes a jail cell and travels to find a little bird friend across a strange bird-world and gets involved in... things. Another I'm not super up-to-date on but it's endearing and very curious and I want to see where it goes.
  • Cat Boots, Kent and Daniel—A sweet little comic about a gay couple living in London which occasionally delves into actual plots and heavier emotions. Rendered in a very soft, buoyant style with a lot of subdued colours, with charming characters who are very far from perfect. The author also writes high fantasy and science fiction material which, while quite good from what I've read, I have very limited experience with.
  • Austin Holcomb, Night Physics—An utterly devastating character study of a young man coming to terms with an ugly breakup while literally losing his mind in the wake of a very intense drug experience, peppered with comical and occasionally sinister interludes of different people discussing their dreams and the misadventures of two minor characters who appear in both of the above. Absolutely gorgeous artwork, hands down the best of any I mentioned here, equipped with some impressively (and often embarrassingly) realistic dialogue.
  • Iris Jay, Epiphany—I almost forgot this one. Basically, an exploration of faith and myth from the perspective of a teenager who must wrangle a lazy god after his father is de-anthropomorphised. Surprisingly sober and serious for such an outlandish premise, if not without wit. Maybe the most conventionally "respectable" thing here; I think it won an award or something.
I could easily dig up more, but that seems like enough quality furry comics to last anyone a good long time.

Last edited:
K

KurtCobain

Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Bittersweet Candy Bowl is a cute webcomic about cats growing up in high school, the story plays in the form of a teen drama. Although the characters are anthropomorphic cats and dogs (mostly cats :3), the authors claim Bittersweet Candy Bowl is not a furry comic and is aimed at a general audience "whether they identify as furry or not". The comic has been going on for over ten years now, which is really cool, and it means that there is a lot of art progression, going from pencil drawings to watercolour to digital art.

This is one of the best.

Mandragoras

Inept Abecedarian
@KurtCobain Bittersweet Candy Bowl is far too soapy for my tastes and extremely bleak in places (although that latter point is sort of a plus for me), but the level of experimentation in the art impressed me. That said, it's been *years* since I read it last, so it's possible that it's gotten less melodramatic, or at least more refined in that respect.

JCobalt

I am moderately a part of this webcomic: www.dentdelionne.net

Currently updates on the first of every month! Work has been progressing really well, and I'd like to see what other people think about it!

Features particularly tasteful nudity, occasionally strong language, etc. etc.