• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Login/Password Problems: Weird as hell log-in problem.. o_O

Volkodav

Dad****er
Have yall tried changnig your passwords?
Should check what email your account is hookedup to in your Account Settings first though, to be sure.

Timitei

Oh my god. Someone deleted all my submissions.. I was alright with this before, it wasn't a big deal.. But seriously? My submissions? Fuck. I'm pissed off now. They erased my profile info too, but I have that saved in a note file.

This is getting out of hand and I wish someone would do something about this already...

Volkodav

Dad****er
Oh my god. Someone deleted all my submissions.. I was alright with this before, it wasn't a big deal.. But seriously? My submissions? Fuck. I'm pissed off now. They erased my profile info too, but I have that saved in a note file.

This is getting out of hand and I wish someone would do something about this already...
None of the coders/admins are on right now, I don't think.
Should really bring this to Dragoneer or Yak. I bet they can restore your submissions.. cause when that happened to Zaush, they did :)

At least with Deviantart you only get the Windows Recovery Virus every once in a while.

AkumaSephitaro

Lost Soul
Ughh when it finally let me back onto my account (Timitei, same as on here) my 3 unread notes were read. I feel like someone else has had access to my account and went through my shit. Grreeeaaat...

Whomever read them, also "replied" to me. I didn't notice anything added except to the last one, and it was gibberish.

Awkore

I'd quite like to know how this is happening/what's causing it.

Since it only seems to be effecting some people.

Volkodav

Dad****er
Did you guys click eachothers accounts/on the affected accounts?
I really don't understand how it's spreading

& I don't think people who have temp access to your accounts [assuming they're the people who also have their accounts affected] are reading your notes with malicious intent, I think they're just confused adn wondering if they're notes for them and their account's messed up.

Last edited:

Awkore

Some people might be doing it on purpose...some might be doing it by accident.... some people have one themes, some have black... it's sometimes pretty obvious to see your not on your own account instantly.

Sometimes you get kicked off instantly (I guess that's when someone else gets access to that account, and sometimes it lasts longer as no one logs into it... that will give some people plenty of time to dick around with your shit, whether its on purpose or not

Volkodav

Dad****er
Some people might be doing it on purpose...some might be doing it by accident.... some people have one themes, some have black... it's sometimes pretty obvious to see your not on your own account instantly.

Sometimes you get kicked off instantly (I guess that's when someone else gets access to that account, and sometimes it lasts longer as no one logs into it... that will give some people plenty of time to dick around with your shit, whether its on purpose or not
You kind of missed my point and misunderstood me.

Awkore

& I don't think people who have temp access to your accounts [assuming they're the people who also have their accounts affected] are reading your notes with malicious intent, I think they're just confused adn wondering if they're notes for them and their account's messed up.

You kind of missed my point and misunderstood me.

Nope, I got that one, Like I said, Some might be doing it on Purpose, some might not

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.
Hmm, this sounds serious.

I'm trying to contact the mainsite staff, right now.
This might result in all involved accounts being temporarily suspended, to prevent further damage, I hope you guys understand.\

[edit]
Can you guys get me a list of the accounts involved? Then it'd be easier to track this problem, I guess.

[edit 1]
The technical staff is aware of the issue, and is currently working on it.

Last edited:

Awkore

Inculta
Timitei
NukaTiger
Slayth
mezzanine
beefymac
Awkore

That's all the ones listed on here... I can't remember any of the ones that I got shoved on sorry... I never bothered to write them down, and they went away to quick to remember.
Speaking of... mines stopped logging out now anyway, so no ones getting onto mine any more

Volkodav

Dad****er
I remember seeing a picture on the front page, a screencap where a dude was saying "woah, I'm this guy now!" but I didn't think to write down the names.

The submission is probably still up but it was a while since I saw it

CerbrusNL

It should be fixed, now.

But please remember, FA is not a data backup service, we can't be held responsible for saving your submissions. I strongly suggest everyone to back-up stuff you don't want to lose.

CerbrusNL

Ok, it's now technically impossible for one to be logged in as another user.
If you're still incorrectly logged in, please force-refresh your page (Ctrl+F5 on windows, mac something similar no doubt).

As for a explanation of what happened:

The technical staff has been experimenting with various speed optimisations for the site.
Part of which involved caching generated pages, the other - database queries.
The combination of both led to what happened overnight, but all has been reverted back to how it was, now.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk