• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Login/Password Problems: Weird as hell log-in problem.. o_O

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
The issue has been fixed, see the admin announcement on the main page. Sorry for the probs, techies are checking twice to make sure this won't happen again. :-/

Awkore

It still isn't sorted... i just got logged into TyVulpine's account once more... it just seems to be that one now, i'm not getting any more

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
It still isn't sorted... i just got logged into TyVulpine's account once more... it just seems to be that one now, i'm not getting any more
Ok I'm talking to the techies right now and forwarded this. Please wait a moment, I need to wait for their response.

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
UPDATE: everybody who logged into someone else's account, please leave a shout at Yak's FA page. He'll handle it.

L

LizardKing

So that's what the front page FA notice was about. I'm not sure if to shake my head in disbelief or just laugh, so I'll just do both.

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
*seriously can't laugh about this at all :p*

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
Also noted the techies on IRC. Honestly, I have no fucking clue of what's going on in there. >_>

Awkore

What ever it is, it must be mildly annoying for people trying to upload... I had to write the shoutbox message 4 times as it kept logging out in between typing it out and pressing confirm -.-

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
Just a shot in the blue: did you clear your browser cache by now? If not: Ctrl + F5 and try it again.

WarMocK

I like to nuke ^^
Mkay, login cache have been purged again. Try it now, please.

muddypaws

Bears rock!
I've just seen this too. I wonder if they're having a mechanical issue again?

It's frustrating for me as well to have to re-loggin the moment I close the window or visit another website.

Slayth

Rawr
The two accounts I'm getting stuck in is RedFireEeveeForever and Inculta.

Whoever was on my account deleted my submissions ._.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
Nope... went back into TyVulpine's account instantly >.<

And Ty in yours, it seems. He posted a shout on yak's page from your account.

SnowFox

They could have at least taken down the "The issue has been resolved" part of the administrator notice throughout all this. It's almost cringe-worthy at this point.

Pravda

Banned
Banned
This appears to have happened because someone over at FA headquarters is trying to configure a piece of technology that will not help them out, and will only create problems. I've asked Yak what possible justification there could be for a frontend cache and got:
"the changes were done without consulting me, measures are being taken so that would not happen again more then once." and "pretty sure 99.98% of all cases was the ISPs cache. deleting sessions is not really required, but i guess it will make people feel better."

So, long story short: nobody involved knows what's going on, so they're throwing more technology at the wrong problem in hopes that it'll solve all of the other problems. Guess how well this works out?

Eevee

Banned
Banned
But please remember, FA is not a data backup service, we can't be held responsible for saving your submissions. I strongly suggest everyone to back-up stuff you don't want to lose.
What, precisely, can FA be held responsible for?

Accountability

Enthusiastic Downloader
It's simply amazing to me that this problem was under "investigation" for hours and the site remained online. When something like this happens, pull the plug, downtime be damned. I was told once that all administrators have access to a button that will shut down the site. Why did no one press this? Seriously? People being spontaneously logged into other people's accounts isn't a valid reason to shut down everything? Is it only a problem if an administrator account is compromised?

It's amazing that just weeks after the journal thing the staff hasn't figured out not to announce things are fixed before they know for sure things are fixed.

And quoting the "FA is not a backup service" portion of the ToS is NOT a valid response to users accounts being compromised and their submissions deleted. You should be apologizing profusely and attempting to find some sort of backup to restore, not saying "THIS ISN'T OUR FAULT SEE IT SAYS SO RIGHT HERE IN THE ToS!"

"the changes were done without consulting me, measures are being taken so that would not happen again more then once."
It's really sad that communication is so poor amongst the site staff that things like this happen. There's like, three people who have the access to do something like this, and they couldn't bother to tell the other two? Really?

Last edited: