• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Welcome to Oakwell (1920s Discord Asylum roleplay-Interest Check)

Liseran Thistle

They/Them
"Welcome to Oakwell" is a mystery, puzzle-solving roleplay that takes place in 1920s America at a prestigious mental Asylum in Blackwell, Louisiana. In "Welcome to Oakwell", players will be going against one in another in two teams, one on the side of the denizens of the small fishing community named Blackwell. And the others the staff and patients of the esteemed Asylum named Oakwell.

Players will compete with each other by both trying to cover up the secrets hidden in the walls of the Oakwell asylum, or by trying to uncover those secrets depending on which team they choose. Players will be able to uncover these mysteries by solving various riddles and puzzles laid out by me (The Game master) and thus advancing the story all on their own.

This is a furry only roleplay, and as such all characters are anthros. This is a discord roleplay, if you want to know way more about the story, the lore, and the rules of the roleplay you can learn about it by joining the invite button below:

Join the Welcome to Oakwell Discord Server!

Last edited:

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
I'm sorry, but for the sake of lore that I've had for over ten years. I cannot have Amanda without her powers. The Bradanska family has lore that goes all the way back to their ancestor who was burnt at the stake as a witch and arisen from the damned:

Every single member of the Bradanska family has superpowers, and every one of them is cursed with their ancestor's legacy. For Amanda to not have powers, it is to deny her family's dark legacy and a curse.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Then... pick another character?
Clearly this character is inapproripate for this setting. It's rude to ask someone to change their whole story so you can fit in your overpowered character.

I have a character whose the spawn of the cthulu with a crazy set of powers, but I'm not trying to rp him here.

Nobody gives a rats ass, Amanda is not overpowered, but she is a long-standing character for a story that goes all the way back to 2010, she was created in 2014 and is quite balanced. If you think psychic powers are overpowered, you'll never make it in the big leagues of a combat-oriented roleplay. Her father was a capo in the mafia, what the fuck did your character do that was so interesting? She was also a spy under the Bad Egg Unit and worked for Dr.Eggman. She even has done several assassinations and can drive a Ferrari. She is also inspired by Ducktales 1987 Magica de Spell and Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Amanda is fair and balanced, she's my spy/witch/assassin/mobster/psychic. Basically my playing both fields agent, instead of a Russian cowboy like Ocelot she is an psychic Italian witch.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
???
This is an rp that's basically a mystery novel with (regular) characters.

Your character is inappropriate for this setting. Plus this thread is for discussing this setting. You're being rude and derailing.

Nobody said she couldn't just not use her powers, do you understand how being a psychic work? If you can control it you can just not use them.

Liseran Thistle

They/Them
Nobody said she couldn't just not use her powers, do you understand how being a psychic work? If you can control it you can just not use them.

I told you before that no magical powers are allowed. I told you no one was going to have any kind of special abilities. This includes literally anything a person cannot do in real life. Please stop, you're ruining the thread.

Zenkiki

The softest little kitty
Jared if you dont like it then don't post anything here. If you don't fit then dont say anything and move on. Go play with other people who want a unrealistic RP. Some people prefer to have a real person with flaws.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Jared if you dont like it then don't post anything here. If you don't fit then dont say anything and move on. Go play with other people who want a unrealistic RP. Some people prefer to have a real person with flaws.

Realism with anthropomorphic talking animals, there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Also, you're implying there aren't any realistic undertones in my story, my story literally has events that satire the first and second world wars, as well as the Cold War.

Seph

Feeling double cheeked up right now
Nobody gives a rats ass, Amanda is not overpowered, but she is a long-standing character for a story that goes all the way back to 2010, she was created in 2014 and is quite balanced. If you think psychic powers are overpowered, you'll never make it in the big leagues of a combat-oriented roleplay. Her father was a capo in the mafia, what the fuck did your character do that was so interesting? She was also a spy under the Bad Egg Unit and worked for Dr.Eggman. She even has done several assassinations and can drive a Ferrari. She is also inspired by Ducktales 1987 Magica de Spell and Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid.
Bro, what are you talking about Dr.Eggman for, is this a sonic rp? And why does it matter if she’s in a story that goes back to 2010? This isn’t that story, just use a different character or don’t join. People don’t need to write their stories around you and your “fun fair and balanced” character.

Liseran Thistle

They/Them
Realism with anthropomorphic talking animals, there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Also, you're implying there aren't any realistic undertones in my story, my story literally has events that satire the first and second world wars, as well as the Cold War.

It's obvious you don't want to join the roleplay so like, just move along. No one cares about your Sonic OC, come back when you have a character who has no magical abilities and fits the setting of the story. I have been more than kind in explaining to you how the roleplay works, and I even directed you to the lore docs I wrote up for such a roleplay.

You should already have a very good idea about what kind of roleplay this is, just from the basic description I gave of it. Please stop responding to the thread with angry messages about your character, as you are derailing from the actual purpose of this thread.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Bro, what are you talking about Dr.Eggman for, is this a sonic rp? And why does it matter if she’s in a story that goes back to 2010? This isn’t that story, just use a different character or don’t join. People don’t need to write their stories around you and your “fun fair and balanced” character.

Well duh, she is a Sonic fancharacter. You want the utter powerless psychopath that is Sherly? My main powerless character has lead to the deaths of thousands.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
It's obvious you don't want to join the roleplay so like, just move along. No one cares about your Sonic OC, come back when you have a character who has no magical abilities and fits the setting of the story. I have been more than kind in explaining to you how the roleplay works, and I even directed you to the lore docs I wrote up for such a roleplay.

You should already have a very good idea about what kind of roleplay this is, just from the basic description I gave of it. Please stop responding to the thread with angry messages about your character, as you are derailing from the actual purpose of this thread.

My powerless characters are murdering fascist psychopaths, Amanda IS the tame one.

HopeTLioness

Rawr, rawr, grrr!
Amanda is fair and balanced, she's my spy/witch/assassin/mobster/psychic. Basically my playing both fields agent, instead of a Russian cowboy like Ocelot she is an psychic Italian witch.

First of all, you are being rude and obnoxious over something that isn't worth getting worked up for. If you don't want to follow the rules of the rp, either pick or create a character that fits the setting of the rp, or do not join it at all! Second of all, your character clearly SCREAMS MARY SUE because you made her all of these occupations, which I find ridiculous, and you want to fight Lise to keep her powers in the rp. NO! This is unacceptable! This is a 1920 Puzzle Game with no magical or supernatural characters allowed! If you don't like it, simply move on and find another rp that suits you.

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
First of all, you are being rude and obnoxious over something that isn't worth getting worked up for. If you don't want to follow the rules of the rp, either pick or create a character that fits the setting of the rp, or do not join it at all! Second of all, your character clearly SCREAMS MARY SUE because you made her all of these occupations, which I find ridiculous, and you want to fight Lise to keep her powers in the rp. NO! This is unacceptable! This is a 1920 Puzzle Game with no magical or supernatural characters allowed! If you don't like it, simply move on and find another rp that suits you.

Um no, she's 35 years old and has a long and detailed story. Plus, she dies in the end via summary execution by order of her nephew. Which mary sue gets put on a firing line and shot for treason?

Liseran Thistle

They/Them
Um no, she's 35 years old and has a long and detailed story. Plus, she dies in the end via summary execution by order of her nephew. Which mary sue gets put on a firing line and shot for treason?

Troll confirmed. Anyway. Nobody pay any attention to him. If you have questions about the roleplay join the discord.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
This interests me a little. My urge to know more increases.

But how experienced and detailed do you require your players?

Liseran Thistle

They/Them
This interests me a little. My urge to know more increases.

But how experienced and detailed do you require your players?

The roleplay is Para/novella style meaning we will be writing very long paragraphs. One-liners aren't forbidden, but you aren't gonna get far with just that in terms of story telling. And I screen people using their past writing to see what level they're at.

Blazing_Lupine

Ah, I have an arctic fox that could really do well here, I haven't really been into this genre however, not sure how I would do. I am quite an experienced writer though, do have some nice works under my belt.

Last edited: