• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

well....hello?

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f
hello.
I'm new and a bit nervous right now. I just thought to introduce myself.
I'm Dalzell, Most of my intrests resolve around the celtic culture and british islands.
I'm also a huge steampunk fan and Whovian!
so well, ask ahead if you want to know more or anything.
:?
I don't know, I'd like to talk to someone :D

Last edited:

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f
thank you^^

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f
how did you guess so? that's right, mainly scottish/pictish history in the roman era and early middle ages, but also Ireland and the viking collonies on the islands.... also in 1800's but by that time my interests have expanded to a greater area, so to say ;)

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
how did you guess so? that's right, mainly scottish/pictish history in the roman era and early middle ages, but also Ireland and the viking collonies on the islands.... also in 1800's but by that time my interests have expanded to a greater area, so to say ;)

I have a Scottish dad. x3

I'm also interested in history, and I find it surprising how little is known about the Picts.

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f
Yeah... it is. the main problem is the Picts didn't write too much and the romans never really took their time to deliberately describe them. (which is very understandable when a group of angry picts are chasing you). the little scripts we have from then is Ogham, carved in stones. rarely full text. I guess a lot got lost over time...*shrug*

I've never been in Scotland

Fallowfox

Yeah... it is. the main problem is the Picts didn't write too much and the romans never really took their time to deliberately describe them. (which is very understandable when a group of angry picts are chasing you). the little scripts we have from then is Ogham, carved in stones. rarely full text. I guess a lot got lost over time...*shrug*

I've never been in Scotland

I'm quite lucky; I study rock formations, so I get to visit a lot of remote craggy places in the highlands and islands.

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f
oh! that does sound interesting! I am a first year Art History student... but I live in the Netherlands...
you study geology or something? I've been thinking about geology but it required physics and I'm very bad at physics...

Fallowfox

oh! that does sound interesting! I am a first year Art History student... but I live in the Netherlands...
you study geology or something? I've been thinking about geology but it required physics and I'm very bad at physics...

More or less, yes; I study Earth-sciences. I actually tried studying art for a year before I decided that it wasn't for me, and returned to sciences.
How much physics people use depends on their specialty, but you need to have at least some understanding of all 3 core sciences.

The Netherlands must be a good place to study art-history; Bruegel, Bosch, Rubens and so on!

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f
More or less, yes; I study Earth-sciences. I actually tried studying art for a year before I decided that it wasn't for me, and returned to sciences.
How much physics people use depends on their specialty, but you need to have at least some understanding of all 3 core sciences.

The Netherlands must be a good place to study art-history; Bruegel, Bosch, Rubens and so on!

yeah! lots of artists here.the ones you named indeed, most famously Van Gogh,Mondriaan and Rembrandt obviously. and many, many more.
I do think of switching too, but I'm not too sure what I want...
do you actively use biology, though?
(sorry if I ask too much, eh :? )

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f
Welcome to the forum dude your not the only new guy here so I know what your going through

haaaa! thank you! a welcome to you too then!

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f

Sirino263

Well I'm not much as a talker in forums games or real life as a matter of fact mainly bcuz I never really learned how just talk to anyone and when I do most people in my high school think I'm just creeperish at times but then again I never really wanted to fit in anyways being myself is just the way I like it Oh and it's about 7:00 am where I am

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f
Well I'm not much as a talker in forums games or real life as a matter of fact mainly bcuz I never really learned how just talk to anyone and when I do most people in my high school think I'm just creeperish at times but then again I never really wanted to fit in anyways being myself is just the way I like it Oh and it's about 7:00 am where I am

you come across pretty nice too me...

Sirino263

Well.... Thanks for being nice to me too also quick question have you heard the band called disturbed if not no trouble just wondering

Caledonian

Baa'd Wool'f
I haven't, sorry. what kind of music do they play?