• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Well, it's official: Spotify now sucks.

Tissemand

Random furfag
They're really starting to bug me now. First the massive banner ads and audio ads, and now they're limiting free users to 10h/mo and only 5 listens to a song. :mad: I've had my account for a year or so, and this is just awful. Bahh.

Does anyone know of any alternatives to Spotify? I'm using Grooveshark at this moment, but the web interface is a bit annoying (and my mouse hotkeys won't change the song anymore ._.)

Eh, Grooveshark doesn't work with Firefox for me, Last.Fm has a poor selection, Pandora has a limited listening experience, Blip has a poor format, poor selection, limited listening experience, and more.

You're pretty much going to get screwed in one way or another, regardless of where you go o..o That's why I stick to a database of all my music.

I think I liked Last.fm more than any of them, but I could only listen to it for 10-15 minutes at any one time, 30 minutes was the most at one time.

Last edited:

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
... Shoutcast?

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
So I never knew what Spotify was, and I looked it up.

Spotify is a Swedish music streaming service offering streaming of selected music from a range of major and independent record labels, including Sony, EMI, Warner Music Group, The Orchard, and Universal
Music can be browsed by artist, album, record label, genre or playlist as well as by direct searches
Users can register either for free accounts supported by visual and radio-style advertising or for paid subscriptions without ads and with a range of extra features such as higher bitrate streams and offline access to music. A "Premium" account is required to use Spotify on mobile devices.

I already do something kinda similar. I have AudioGalaxy set up on my computer and iPhone. I just leave my computer on when I go out and I can stream my entire library to my phone from the computer. And it's completely free right now.

\Or I can just use last.fm for radio.