• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

were are all the friendly furrs?

Iv byn a furr for years, about 3 years back I tryed out furcadia... I meet a few furrs on there I styll talk to. Though other then that all I'v found inthe fandome is a bunch of rude, angry, and whiny people...
There are many great furrs Iv meet here but even after talking to a few, all the messages end with good luck with life... So scince my pervious idea of the sochail part of the fandome turned out to be completly flawed, whats the deal? Were are the furrs who are accepting and friendly to new comers...?

This isent a complaint or a whine just a general question... I want to be more active in the fur community, but find myself not accepted here...

and i dont want to hear about my poor spelling or complaints, Im looking for something constructive here... not a bunch of furrs jumping my ass baised on this observation.

[size=x-small]Don't worry, mein Fureund, I'm here.[/size]

Icarus

No time like the present.
who is making you feel bad?
Because yes, there are those "stuck up" furs, and there are those "friendly" furs.
Technically I don't fall in these catagories because i am scaled. (lol j/k)

But don't worry, you'll find friends :D.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
*tilts head to the side in puzzlement* I haven't been here too long but i've found a lot of really friendly furs. I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble, we're out there you just have to find us! :p

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I'm a general asshole, and you should probably avoid me like the plague. That's about the friendliest thing I could do for you, warn you that I am indeed not a friendly person towards the vast majority of people. The ones I do become friends with, however, must be pretty damn special to put up with it, and I treat them as such.

capthavoc123

Master of Disaster
Well, you'll find more friends if you do try to work on that spelling. Just a friendly suggestion.

Apart from that, just put yourself out there. I have a few great friends in community who I've known for a few years now. I never would have met them if I didn't start talking to people online. It's not enough to want to be more active, you have to actually go and do it.

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
"Closed" communities like Furcadia or whatever probably started with cool folks. Then the mean folks came in, so the nice folks left. Or the nice folks turn into elitists, or whatever...

it happens everywhere.

And as for my spelling... whos standards of whom they befriend in real life ever involve spelling?(how shallow)... and if someones gonna take that into concideration... that some one would be slightly snobbish dontcha thingk? ok i can understand if its 5th grade level jibberish... but im understandable some days when im pissed off and madd typeing yes then i need to be hit in the face, just, a little but.. well back to my point if someones gonna be condensending towards me just cuz i dont turn to the dictionary every 5 mins, why would I want to converse with that someone when there as shallow as they are, to labble a person baised on there spelling... I can see how when your reading though a thread it can be anoying, and eventually the bad spellers will evolve over time of typeing day in and day out. The only poor litteracy is people who have no idea how to spell even some of the most simple words. Lets not be so narrow minded as to disclude furrs with poor spelling skills, so theres a few "teh's" and "leik's" they could be awsome furr underneather... and when did haveing a major in english become a standard for being a furr?

and wolf bone, from what posts of yours iv read your an ass with a very strong opinion and you voice that well, im sure many get offenced at your statments, but personally, i thingk your a pritty rockin wolf

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Hanazawa-

Reminds me of Were.Net. Of course they did it for "quality control", which meant if you weren't more or less a carbon copy of an SA forum goon, you didn't do too well. Long story short, their club became so exclusive that, well, it's gone because no one was cool enough.

sateva9822-

Thanks, but my ass is meant for sitting, not kissing.

DavidN

Some people are here because of a want to escape from the real world or because of real-life social problems on their part - and these spill over into here as well. At least, that's my interpretation of it - I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but many people seem to get defensive or angry at the slightest provocation, unintentional or otherwise.

But if this is just about people who attack you for your spelling... I'm not agreeing with those who you've said judge you for your spelling, because that's just wrong, but your posts are very difficult to read. On a forum where communication is entirely composed of text and cat macros, it is quite a major area that people see of you.

Wolf-Bone said:
Hanazawa-

Reminds me of Were.Net. Of course they did it for "quality control", which meant if you weren't more or less a carbon copy of an SA forum goon, you didn't do too well. Long story short, their club became so exclusive that, well, it's gone because no one was cool enough.

sateva9822-

Thanks, but my ass is meant for sitting, not kissing.

oww... but it tasts so yummy... lol

DavidN said:
Some people are here because of a want to escape from the real world or because of real-life social problems on their part - and these spill over into here as well. At least, that's my interpretation of it - I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but many people seem to get defensive or angry at the slightest provocation, unintentional or otherwise.

But if this is just about people who attack you for your spelling... I'm not agreeing with those who you've said judge you for your spelling, because that's just wrong, but your posts are very difficult to read. On a forum where communication is entirely composed of text and cat macros, it is quite a major area that people see of you.

On the real life problems taken out on the fourms, I can totally see that... but as to spelling spelling is mearly a skill, not a personality trait, you cant judge some one on this (unless of course they cant spell even a simple word even if they tryed... then that might tell you a little something) but i do have to agree on the fact that it can be slightly frustrating Im sure

Lina Loaded

I'm sad to see you haven't found very many. Not that I've enceountered very many, but on the whole I've found the community to be quite a nice one. Or maybe my standards are skewed, that's always plausable... Just stick around and go fishing, you'll get some bites and if not, hopefully some will join you in fishing!

minima

Spelling and grammar are signs of self respect and respect for those you share your thoughts with. They also indicate the intelligence level and education of the poster. While I by no means expect anyone on an internet forum to be writing amazing prose for my enjoyment, the utter and complete lack of effort of any sort to make your posting legible without taking an extra effort to decipher the horrid jumble of letters I see in your posts indicates that you have either little respect for yourself and your audience or that you have little intelligence or education. It is very rare that I find it worthwhile to acquire friends with either of those qualities.

Does this explain why I care about your spelling?

minima said:
Spelling and grammar are signs of self respect and respect for those you share your thoughts with. They also indicate the intelligence level and education of the poster. While I by no means expect anyone on an internet forum to be writing amazing prose for my enjoyment, the utter and complete lack of effort of any sort to make your posting legible without taking an extra effort to decipher the horrid jumble of letters I see in your posts indicates that you have either little respect for yourself and your audience or that you have little intelligence or education. It is very rare that I find it worthwhile to acquire friends with either of those qualities.

Does this explain why I care about your spelling?

Yes.. it explains to me how "u" care... but thats you and your opinion. Im sure there are people out ther that arnt such condencending snobs. If my spelling shows anything its lazyness, when im drawing. I dont wanna spend all night typeing... If you wanna only talk to other with strong typeing skills good for you... but you come around here why? did some one have a bad day? Take out your anger the proper way... I suggest punching a brick wall...

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
Here's the way I think, even if it ain't right: the majority of people in the world are assholes, and the small number that are nice are scattered all across the world. So, in my opinion, that would mean you ain't going to meet many nice people.

Which explains why I rarely talk to people in person.

sateva9822 said:
Iv byn a furr for years, about 3 years back I tryed out furcadia...

There's your problem right there! *points* Furcadia + imperfect spelling & grammar = PROBLEMS. You just aren't in the right place.

Furc used to be good... about 5 years ago. Then everything turned into "if you can't post this long with quality worthy of being in a novel, I don't care to know you". There are only a few places in furc left where just anyone can go and not feel rejected, and they're hard to find.

lonewulf

awww dontworry too much bout the not so friendly furs out there there are plenty of us friendly types around.....

BlitzWolf

Hey...I'm friendly and very tolerant and accepting of others...except for those who aren't tolerant or accepting of others...I just can't tolerate or accept them. *laughs*

Anyways, there are more furs that are friendly and love being a fur and meeting other furs. And I am one of them and I know several more. So don't give up...there are plenty of us good guys out there. ^_^

Mortane

I reckon, more than nice people and assholes, there are people who jive and people who don't. Least, that explains why I'm friends with people I consider to be both nice and assholes--we all sort of jive.

Actually . . . I haven't really found anyone to jive with, here, either--not quite yet. (Though there are people whose posts I enjoy reading, I just haven't really talked much with 'em.) I think I kind of fall out the asshole/elitist side of things here.

It's sort of funny--I made my way in my previous fandoms by finding a niche and trying to be the best I could be at it. Too many niches, too many people who're awesome at things, but most of all . . . I just don't think that sort of attitude works that well here.

But anyhow, I'll keep trying. Maybe I can adapt or somesuch.

To be perfectly honest, as an angry and whiney guy, I usually don't realize I'm being mean spirited. I think I might have angry issue personally, but I'd like to think when I'm not chatting under some undefined pretext, such as a forum or random chatroom, I'm a decent guy. Most people who have some sense of humor concur as far as I know. My excuse is that I don't sleep enough, and I have this vague suspicsion that people don't have their proirities straight.

I've met a few out and out furry assholes, some of which in real life (guy at MFF whispered, as he passed my and my boyfriend's, table about killing my boyfriend because he was wearing the same shirt). I think personally part of it has to do with the person. Some people just embrace the fantasy of the fandom too much, subvert it and use it as an excuse for leverage or down-talking(?). I seen what your talking about- man. People busting each other's balls for the stupidest stuff, like being "EMO" (some of these people supposedly 20 years old or more), or spelling (leet or whatever).

I think there are a lot of nice furs out there, but their quite and you barely notice 'em. It's like that deal with the news; do you remember the dude who pumps twenty five revolver rounds into his boss or the women who saves children from a life of crime or whatever.

(People need to lighten up on each other about spelling. Some people get it, some don't. I'm not quite there, ya' know. Its garbage to just pick a guy outta' the crowd because they can't spell- its like challenging a man with one leg to an ass kicking contest- just no fair.)

Purplecat

Funny, only person who I know that was on Furcadia... was someone who didn't consider himself furry. x3

Anyway, I consider myself friendly although I can be an asshole to... assholes. And people who have stupid fits over something relativly minor get's on my nerves too. ;)

As for spelling, it all depends. There's bad spelling and grammar, and there's is bad spelling and grammar. Overusing '!', overly using shorthands or ellipses can be very annoying.