• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Weve got a comment bot

Fuzzy

iambetterthanyouare is the bot
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/iambetterthanyouare/

FA admins, do somthing about this user

it commented on most all of my submissions, how do i know its a bot? some of the comments were duplicates of what was said the last time, very generic body of text like so:
"I love the way you've contrasted light and dark concepts here. I feel that art is really nothing more than a vast field of differing contrasts and conceptions and you've exemplified that with this piece. I wish I had your talent."
that was used at least a few times, FA is so slow i did not check all of my new comments x.x

also some of the comments from this user talked about complimenting an image when it was actually a song submission.. one of my songs now has the comment
"I really like this image, its layed out wonderfully and I can really relate to what its saying. I really like the attention you've shown to detail in here. This had to be time consuming."

comment bots make comments meaningless, lets get rid of it!

uncia2000

User blocked pending reply and acceptable explanation on this thread.

(I don't have the time to check every single comment, at present).

Farx

The Fat Fox That Rocks
I also got the same " I really like this image, its layed out wonderfully and I can really relate to what its saying. I really like the attention you've shown to detail in here. This had to be time consuming. Keep it up! " comment on a submission of mine.
After looking at their page and journal, I just thought they were a troll, spamming people's art with sarcastic and untrue comlpliments to make their 'point'.

Message bot eh ? I prefer love bot. :D

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Sadly the generic comments are probably better than half the comments a user normally receives XD

uncia2000

Arshes Nei said:
Sadly the generic comments are probably better than half the comments a user normally receives XD

(point, perhaps, Arshes... :?)

Even at present, the volume of submissions can make it very difficult for someone to have the self-discipline to sit down and add in a good, healthy dose of constructive feedback on a piece of work which catches their eye and "calls out for" such.

=
Still waiting to see whether our "bot" turns up in "person"...

d.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Actually constructive feedback causes drama. It's not that one should expect every submission to be given positive feedback but I think I can do without "kool pic" if that's all you have to say, a favorite is enough. However, many artists are very finicky over how they expect users to give comments.

So maybe people can learn from that comment bot XD

Arshes Nei said:
Actually constructive feedback causes drama. It's not that one should expect every submission to be given positive feedback but I think I can do without "kool pic" if that's all you have to say, a favorite is enough. However, many artists are very finicky over how they expect users to give comments.

So maybe people can learn from that comment bot XD

Thank you Arshes.
I'm still trying to write a handbook for critiqueing. This is just more great ammunition to load up :lol:

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel
I got one of them too. Followed it back to its userpage as I do with all comments from unfamiliar sources, and I thought the "submissions" (or poorly-photocopied scribbles) there were suspiscious. That didn't stop a bunch of folks from shouting back and buying into it's stories about being paid for the stuff passing itself off as 'artwork' :D

Regarding comments in general, I think more than a few folks are caught in the dilemma between artists who hunger for any comment no matter how short, and those who want the comments to be substantive or don't bother making them. I've seen both extremes in my own watchlist.

---PCJ

dragonboy

I got this comment yesterday at 0309 hours from "iambetterthanyouare" on a music submission:

In a world where everything is so transient and surreal its nice to find an image every now and then that speaks to some inner truth. I wish I could convey this much emotion in my art.

Yeah, I had gotten atleast 2 messages from this user so far. I can't really check because I can't get into my "/msg/others"...

Yeah, I must of speant a lot of time on this random photo I took. I myself don't mind a bot, but the more bots we have going the more slowdowns we get.

How rude.

I am not a comment bot. And degrading my scripts in such a fashion, almost as bad as banning me for saying nice things to people.

I will say something nice about every image on this site. Because they are all unique and special and their creators deserve encouragement, even if they don't want or appreachaite it, they're damn well getting it anyway.

I am annoyed that I was banned, were I ignored I probably would have gone away in my own good time, but no, lets ban him for being nice to people.

Therefore I shall climb the mighty and awe inspiring mountain of commentdom. I shall say something nice about everything on this site, even if it consumes a week or so.

I know what the problem was of course, not enough variety, people want a bit of individualism in their comments. No problem say I, not only did I rewrite my script from the ground up I improved comment generation features, its faster, newer, shinier and more automated than ever before. Like the new model robot out of that pseudo asimov move, except it doesn't glow red. How do you get a script to glow red anyway?

We may never know.

You have commited a great act of villany against me in the form of this banning, I had some images there which I was moderately fond of. Well, descriptions anyway. And now they have been fed to the dark and somewhat demented cyber void. By the FA community. I shall therefore seek out my Revenge.

Have at you!

I throw down the gauntlet of generic niceness and challenge you to stand against me on the field of FA's digital domain! We shall face one another, you with your ban functions and me with my multiple routes to host, automated scripts and world weary angst.

May the most effective creature win!

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
being "nice" would probably include actually looking at the images and leaving individual feedback, not mass-spamming bot/script generated things that comment about "lighting" in a lineart sketch, or a musical piece.

in other words, you're not funny. ha!

snow

Your intentions are good

BUT

Did you stop and think taht your script is probably not helping the problems with FA being slow.
That and I bet the artists would rather have someone actually type them a response to their work than have some robot give them a automated response

DrakenByte

Um, I'm thinking that the user has moved into another account, because I got another, similar worded comment that kinda....weirds me out. I hope that this is the same thing. >____>

I really like this texturally encoded bitgraphed JPEG of cool l337ness. This image is as bad ass as the Catholic Church selling Hitler Papal forgiveness.

Jesus might not ever let you into the kingdom of heaven, but if you keep drawing like this your enterance into the lower levels of hell is assured. Good Job!

That comment rather irks me out, even if it's supposed to be "nice" since I never talk about religion on a site like this, more so a largely Satanic view on life. Here is the user:

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/blackwolvine/

I don't know if I should just ignore the comment or repost the image, since it's a rather oldish image. >___>

snow

its gotta be him
it shows that Blackwolvine was created November 22nd, 2006 06:48

and already its got over 500 comments given

That CANNOT be good for the system