• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

We've hit our goal!!

starlite528

WHPellic said:
Arcturus said:
Actually, FurAffinity was using an average of 5.2 MBit/sec up and 1.4MBit/sec down, with 7.1MBit/sec up and 2.1MBit/sec down at peak.

Up? Down? Is it a server or an elevator? ::chuckles::

But seriously, what do the up and down rates mean?

Up is upload from the server to the users. Down is from the user to the server. When you're at home, your upload is usually much slower than your download (they don't want consumers hosting their own servers).

Alexar

Woo! That's great! But one question.... Is there any possibility that the site will be down as much as it used to be? Because that turned out to be a big mess, one catastrophe after another and I think that I would stay longer if the site wasn't down so much :).... Which is a good thing :D....

furry69

Wanna post!! Wanna browse!

Must ... have ... furry ... art ... ... ... ugh.. cough, cough...
Gettin' anxious!
Should only be about a week now, right? Yay!

Not that I'm complaining so much since its a free site and all...
Plus, I should be able to start donating a little bit of money along with my art to FA in a week or so! :D

VladP12

If I may have a say in this for the operating system

I suggest go with Unix based one, since it is more secure then windows based one.

Just a suggestion

BlackNexus

Even if it is more secure, wont that cause some compatibility issues with Windows users?
:?:

G

You gonna keep that Avatar rule? (no adult avatars) or are ya goin to do my idea?

Enable a feature for mature avatar and general avater (if folks have mature work on, the mature avatar will be seen, if they don't, the general will be seen)

BlackNexus

:D

hey thats goood! :D

yay for adult avatars! :lol:

and um... DEATH TO THE ARISTOES! :twisted:

blade

D-List Artist
Latex said:
You gonna keep that Avatar rule? (no adult avatars) or are ya goin to do my idea?

Enable a feature for mature avatar and general avater (if folks have mature work on, the mature avatar will be seen, if they don't, the general will be seen)

I like that idea considering there were many that it seemed that were disreguarding the no adult avatar rule. this way it seems like a nice compromise.

MistressVixen

HAPPY!!

FINALLY! I love you guys. I've grown to hate Yaoi gallery, because they only allow creactures that have human features...

RojWulf

Re: ...

BlackNexus said:
Even if it is more secure, wont that cause some compatibility issues with Windows users?

Generally, we are just talking about the program that gets the file to you. Unix has less errors than Windows, and so is more reliable than Windows.

My server runs Windows XP Home Edition, but for my actual server program, I use Abyss Web Server....which is Unix based (I think).

A complete Linux system isn't all that hard to use after you get it up and running, but unless you know how to use/code Linux, you'll need to have the money to hire someone to do it for you. Not an cheap task my friend.

PunkTiger

Look, ma! No talent!
Re: ...

BlackNexus said:
Usually, the operating system of the server has nothing to do with the operating system of the users. For example, if a website is hosted on a Linux server, it doesn't matter what the user is running (Linux, Windows, Mac, Amiga, Solaris, BeOS,C-64) to be able to view it. The same for a Windows-based host. It's all up to the browser software to display it properly. That's why I can access Microsoft's site on my Linux box using Konqueror. There are ways to restrict access to a site by operating system or browser , but that would be seriously detrimental to the longevity of the FurAffinity (not to mention dumb).

BlackNexus

re: re:...

Oh, goody. :D

I'm so happy, I will now perform heart surgery and name an instrument after myself.

yes.